Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 05-27-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Favorite Chief ever....

no better time than the offseason to post a pic/vid of your fav current or former Chief

this one is easy for me. DT is the Greatest.

King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is tough, but I'd probably have to pick this man right here:

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The greatest linebacker in Chiefs history and the first Chief into the NFL HoF.

Those hightop shoes he wore could be deceiving. Most of time he was here, he was the fastest man on the team at 6'4" & 228 lbs.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Thomas and it's not close
Old 05-27-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
The greatest linebacker in Chiefs history and the first Chief into the NFL HoF.

Those hightop shoes he wore could be deceiving. Most of time he was here, he was the fastest man on the team at 6'4" & 228 lbs.
Yeah, I love Bobby Bell too. He was awesome.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Derrick Thomas and it's not close
Did you ever see Bobby Bell play? Not just highlights but actually see him play. I loved DT and he has certainly been the best since Bell and Lanier retired but he couldn't do half of the things that Bell could do. You are right about it not being close.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Did you ever see Bobby Bell play? Not just highlights but actually see him play. I loved DT and he has certainly been the best since Bell and Lanier retired but he couldn't do half of the things that Bell could do. You are right about it not being close.
Agreed. Bell is as complete a LB that you will ever see in the NFL. He could do it all. Willie Lanier was really good too, and the unsung hero of the group was Jim Lynch, who was very good in his own right.

Man, that LB corp was so insane.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm way to young to have seen Bell play. my grandpa is on your side. he swears Bobby was the best ever. it's not that i don't believe him, or you for that matter. i just never got to see him in person and sometimes the older generation swears that it was always better in their hay day.

Mat, i trust your opinion and if you say Bobby was better, than he prolly was. DT just took over big games and was the nicest guy to meet. not all KC stars are like that, Tony G, George Brett and Len Dawson i'm staring in your direction. Derrick was the ultimate nice guy at all times.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I've never seen any of the old Chiefs play in person, but I've seen every game they were in. Bell and Lanier were flat out dominant and Lynch was pretty underrated. Two of our starting 3 LBs in that 69 Super Bowl are HoFers. Not many teams can claim that.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That I lived to see:
- Tony G
- Priest Holmes
- Jamaal Charles(favorite non-giant in the NFL right now)

That I have only seen videos of:
- DT
- Christian Okoye

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Thomas. Pretty easily.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
T-Rich never said he was better he said DT was his favorite, which is the point of this thread.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
This is tough, but I'd probably have to pick this man right here:

quite possibly the most underrated Chief ever? system didn't matter, surrounding players didn't matter, franchise philosophy didn't matter. he was just dominant. he is 1 Chiefs i am glad never played for another team.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
T-Rich never said he was better he said DT was his favorite, which is the point of this thread.
Look, I'm not trying to start a fight (we have nepg for that) but he followed my post with "Derrick Thomas and it's not close." The only advantage being over 60 has is that I have seen every Chiefs team since they arrived in KC.

BTW...one guy no one has mentioned is Deron Cherry. I always loved Deron because he was the ultimate overacheiver. A free agent punter from Rutgers who made himself into one of the best free safeties in the league.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
sorry but did you not see title saving 'FAVORITE Chief ever"
Old 05-29-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
THANK YOU +rep
Old 06-03-2012, 02:26 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only got to see 3 or 4 years of DT, and trust me he is the best Chief ever IMO, but I think this guy belongs in the conversation.

I haven't seen a player with so much heart, passion for the game, and talent on this team since DT. Tamba is the model player I want for this franchise. He's never bitched, he gives it his all 100% of the time, and he's so humble. He's such a nice guy too.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only DT item I have in my house is a picture of arrowhead stadium and you can see DT in the falcon position(it's in my son's room....who I gave to when he was three days old) but I've only ever seen highlights of the man himself. I can only imagine what it was like to see guys' like Bobby Bell or Willie Lanier in their primes. For right now, it's probably a tie between Berry and Tamba, but Priest definately got me hooked.