Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-26-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well you can always go to ibuypower. They have some solid deals right now and you can pretty much customize them the way you want with out needing to build it yourself. I just did a test build that got a pretty good computer for 900. No monitor though.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Microcenter had an i5 2400 for like $110 (******* steal - it goes for $190 on newegg) a few weeks ago when I was orchestrating my new build. I had to pass, though because I really needed a new washer and dryer more than a new computer.

(and yes, I'm a bang for the buck guy, not a latest & greatest type)
Yeah, I'm pretty shocked at some of their prices. The i5 I got goes for $240 on Newegg and I got it for $189. The mobo is like $140 on Newegg and only $90 there. With shipping included, that's over a hundred cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I got my i7 3770 processor from microcenter for 260 saved a bunch there and they just told me when I went to go pick everything up they price match everything there so I could've saved a bunch of money on shipping.
Might have to try that. I feel bad since I'm getting a steal on that stuff, but I've found better deals on cases/RAM. I was planning on getting it there anyway since I want it to finish it all in one go, but I would love to save some more.

Any recommendations on a case? I would like something black on black with cable management options, no fancy lights or anything.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edit nevermind
Old 05-26-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got SC2 but installation is HELL. How do I get this to go faster?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:25 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post

Might have to try that. I feel bad since I'm getting a steal on that stuff, but I've found better deals on cases/RAM. I was planning on getting it there anyway since I want it to finish it all in one go, but I would love to save some more.

Any recommendations on a case? I would like something black on black with cable management options, no fancy lights or anything.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...torm%2 0scout

this is what I have, they have slots for cable management the lights from the fan barely shine through the case and there's a button to disable the lighting on the case itself. I love it, everything in the case is tool less. You pop on brackets for the hard drive and just slide it in and the cd/dvd drive and slide and lock. It's pretty cheap for this kind of case too. Everything is black too, no grey inside like some cases.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811139006
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811139008
Corsair makes probably the best case for cable management and it's also tool less.

Last edited by bantx : 05-27-2012 at 02:29 AM.
bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:17 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Corsair Obsidian series is really nice if you're looking for good, sleek case without the over-the-top crap.

My current "want" case is the Corsair Carbide Series 500R. It comes in white and really dark gray. It has LEDs, but it also has a switch on the case to turn them off. It's super slick. The only thing I don't like about it is the bowed out sides, but they're functional.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate to hijack the PC Gaming thread with other Computery stuff, but I'm just wondering if it's worth it to buy a new router? The one I have now is a Linksys WRT54G , would something more recent improve anything at all?
Old 05-27-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the one you have now is working properly then you will gain next to nothing from a new one.

I recently had to replace my old one because it was fried and to be honest despite buying a better product that was 5+ years newer I haven't noticed any performance increase in anything. One of the few computer components that doesn't really seem to be improving rapidly.

This may not apply in the USA where you have better than 3rd world internet hardware though because obviously being in Australia it's not like our telephony networks have the capacity to actually push or test a router on that side...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ended up going with this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811139011

I wanted a different case, but the computer is also for my girlfriend to use as well and I promised her she could pick it out. The selection was kind of limited, so that's the one we ended up with. The cable management options aren't quite as well designed as I would have liked, but it's perfectly functional.

But I assembled my new PC today!

....well, I tried to. Building went smoothly(I've done it a few times before), checked everything over carefully, powered on...and no BIOS and no beeps. The board I selected has a built in thing to display debug codes, but that isn't lighting up either. The motherboard appears to be dead of arrival. It's a bit of a pain in the ass since Micro Center is a bit of a treck to get to, but I suppose that's what I get for going for the best deal. I'm not sure if they're open tomorrow or not, but hopefully I'm able to get up there within the next few days.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-28-2012, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Hate to hijack the PC Gaming thread with other Computery stuff, but I'm just wondering if it's worth it to buy a new router? The one I have now is a Linksys WRT54G , would something more recent improve anything at all?
I'm actually looking for a router myself to bring back down to college with me. I've never used a router before and have zero knowledge on them.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I ended up going with this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811139011

I wanted a different case, but the computer is also for my girlfriend to use as well and I promised her she could pick it out. The selection was kind of limited, so that's the one we ended up with. The cable management options aren't quite as well designed as I would have liked, but it's perfectly functional.

But I assembled my new PC today!

....well, I tried to. Building went smoothly(I've done it a few times before), checked everything over carefully, powered on...and no BIOS and no beeps. The board I selected has a built in thing to display debug codes, but that isn't lighting up either. The motherboard appears to be dead of arrival. It's a bit of a pain in the ass since Micro Center is a bit of a treck to get to, but I suppose that's what I get for going for the best deal. I'm not sure if they're open tomorrow or not, but hopefully I'm able to get up there within the next few days.
That the one in Cambridge?
Old 05-28-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
That the one in Cambridge?
That's the one. It's an hours drive away from where I live without traffic(which I was fortunate enough to not have to deal with today), so it's not THAT bad...but it was a little bit of a ***** to have to get to two days in a row. I'm probably going back at some point to pick up a graphics card and better CPU fan. Really liked the place though. I hadn't been there before.

Oh well. I have it working now. I'm pretty pleased

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-28-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pics and specs! :D

Old 05-28-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bought some LED strip lighting for my case today :D

I need to take a pic of my updated inside I redid my cable management because I wasn't happy the first time.

Max Payne 3 comes out next week thinking about getting it, but apparently it's 35 gigs to install it?!

Old 05-28-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do you need lights on your PC?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

for aesthetics duhhh I put a lot of work into my pc I want it to look nice

Old 05-28-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Why do you need lights on your PC?
To pimp his ride. Duh.

Caddy and I are awesome on Day Z, fwiw.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't understand the need for extra lights. Look at the monitor, not the case!

Yes Forenci we are awesome. When you are not dying of course!

Old 05-28-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

my case's side panel window is tinted so i added more to see better inside. It's like a sexy red machine right now.

oh I will be getting Arma 2 by thursday when i get paid!

Old 05-28-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

You have to earn a place in our posse Bantx.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

You hush your face, you will find me and shower me with gifts when we find each other.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
You hush your face, you will find me and shower me with gifts when we find each other.
Oh I'll shower you with my gift.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:58 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

54 pages... that must be a record for a thread on here before it takes a deeply disturbing turn for the "worst".

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

DayZ update adds hatchets, firewood, women; all good updates I need to hurry and get this game I don't think I can wait till thursday lol

Old 05-29-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
DayZ update adds hatchets, firewood, women; all good updates I need to hurry and get this game I don't think I can wait till thursday lol
Sounds fun. Never heard of Day Z before.. but hatchets and women go good together.