Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC West Division Forum

AFC West Division Forum Discuss the AFC West

View Poll Results: Who takes the '12 AFC West Title?
Denver Broncos 5 25.00%
Kansas City Chiefs 10 50.00%
Oakland Raiders 4 20.00%
San Diego Chargers 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default AFC WEST 2012 POLL: Division Winner?

Well, what's your take? At this point in time, who do you think has the best shot of winning the division?

Can Denver surprise nobody and repeat an AFC West championship division with a healthy Peyton?

Can San Diego shake off their bad luck with an enormous season from Ryan Matthews and great play from Rivers and Vincent Brown?

Will Kansas City's Jamaal Charles return to elite form? Will the Chiefs potentially elite offensive talent mature? If so, I can't think of a scarier offense not counting the QB position.

Can Carson Palmer get back to old form and can Darren McFadden stay healthy? This team is a darkhorse for sure.

I'd say every team in this division has a decent shot of winning it all with if certain guys step up.

At the end of the day, I'll take San Diego - the only team that will be a competitor regardless of who does or doesn't step up. KC, Denver and Oakland all rely on improved play from an entire offensive unit, whereas I see SD as a 8 win team, no matter what happens.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Rcee
Rookie

Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.

It wouldn't really surprise me if any of either SD/KC/DEN won the division. I wouldn't count Oaktown out of it, but they seem like the biggest longshot imo.

Diego had a solid offseason and a good draft and I wouldn't count on another "down" year like last from Rivers.

The Chiefs have the best roster overall no question in my mind, but are we going to see the above average Cassell or the dog poo version?

I'd give the ever-so-slightest of edges to Denver at this point. If I knew that peyton is 100% Peyton of old, then we'd likely be a shoe in.
Rcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it will be another very right race in the AFC West once again, likely having all 4 teams around 8-8. Denver should be the favorites, but the schedule is brutal at some points and Peyton still needs to prove he can take a hit.

I see the Chargers finally falling apart this season unless Rivers pulls off a MVP type season. Oakland and KC will battle for a wildcard spot likely, having the winner of their final meeting likely to get in. I just don't trust Cassel near as much as Palmer when you look at the track record and weapons we have to use.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk, I'm not as optimistic has RN is.

I think KC wins it tbh. I don't trust Peyton at this point. I hate SD way too much to pick them lol.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not scared of SD. The days of "the most talented team in the division" are long gone and Norv almost got fired last year as it was. If Rivers has an MVP type season I could see them winning it but I doubt that happens.

Oakland has a new coach and they're switching to a new defensive front (right? moving to the 3-4?) so I'm not sure how they're going to handle the position / scheme changes. DMC is a threat but he is always injured and I don't buy that Palmer is good enough anymore.

Denver has Peyton but tbh not a lot around him. Decker could be a nice piece for him and their defense is starting to get good, but it's really an incomplete team. Adding Peyton is scary but not as scary as some are making it out to be.

And lastly, KC has Matt Cassel at QB. He can either be ****** or decent, but most of the time he's ******. On paper the Chiefs have the most talent, but JC, Berry, and Moeaki are coming back from big injuries. Most of our season this year is going to be determined by those three. And our run D has been balls for years, so if Poe comes in and struggles early people are going to be able to gash us on the ground.

It really is anyones division. Last year three teams were 8-8 and the Chiefs finished 7-9. I expect something similar. I would be kind of shocked if a team ran away with the division this year.

I did pick KC though because I'm a god damn homer.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SD had the #1 offense and #1 defense just 2 seasons ago. They really do have the best roster. However, I agree taht Norv Turner is a train wreck of a HC. They could run off and hide, but I think 9-7 and a possible WC berth.

Denver is the defending Champs, and they have a good defense, but Peyton Manning is not going to solve their offensive problems. He may mask some of them for a while. 8-8

Oakland has the most to do, and have the least influx of help. The coaching and FO changes will bear fruit eventually, but not in 2012. 5-11.

The Winner of the division, and not just because they are my team, is Kansas City. They have by far the best defense in the division, unless the Chargers do a major about face, and the running game is healthy. Much as Cassel is dismissed, he is very good when the game plays to his strengths, ie ball handling and play action. This is their division to lose. 12-4.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i picked Denver, just to keep the Chiefs as some what of an underdog story. gotta keep that chip on their shoulder.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think KC ends up with the division. I think they have an elite D and too much talent on offense to not win games. If Cassell can stay healthy and at least manage the games they will win the division. I think Peyton gets off to a very slow start and Denver falls too far behind to win the division, but not a wild card. I think Matthews is all hype and they just don't have the talent to win the division. I could see the Raiders surprising people, but they're still the Raiders and Palmer will be mediocre and DMC will get hurt.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there was a whole bunch of wrong in this thread.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
there was a whole bunch of wrong in this thread.
thats actually kind of funny to look back on this. at least i picked the winner, even if for the wrong reasons.

the amount of SUCK permeating from the Chiefs is staggering! Cassel, Crennel, Daboll, Pioli, injuriezz, murder suicides, Quinn, Routt. the list is almost neverending. not even studs like Hali, Houston and most of all His Holiness Jamaal Charles can overcome that amount of franchise killing suck. the Chiefs were supremely overrated, but they were a HUGE underachiever. to many good players to finish with the worst record in the NFL.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote