Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 05-14-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default OTA and Mini Camp

Orientation camp wrap up is up on the flagship.
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...b-14718a02008f

This was interesting:

University of Kansas TE Tim Biere showed solid ability to multitask on Sunday. The undrafted rookie spent his morning walking at graduation in Lawrence and then made it back to Kansas City in time for afternoon practice.

The star of the UDFA seems to be Josh Bellamy WR, Louisville

A solidly built wide out with decent overall height and girth for the position. Displays good knowledge of how to set up corners off the line who are trying to get their hands on him. Wastes initial motion as he squares his feet initially, but showcases a clever wiggle in order to get defenders off balance and he gets up to top end speed quickly down the field. Lacks much of a second gear and plays like a 4.5 guy, but he locates the football well, adjusts well to the throw and has the strength to go up and snatch the football at its highest point. Isn't someone who will eat up the cushion overly quickly and is not a threat to simply run by defenders down the field. He tries to set up his vertical routes with a subtle head fake, but doesn't have the second gear to outpace corners toward daylight and struggles to fight through an arm bar in space.

Isn't a real explosive short area route runner either. He gets up to speed quickly, but tends to chop his feet and gear down in order to collect himself before getting out of his breaks. Is sharp as a route runner and runs tight angles on sharply breaking routs, but doesn't have any kind of burst to his game when trying to separate. Will glide more so into his vertical routes because he doesn't have the top gear to simply outpace defensive backs. Will work on the outside as a blocker and try to stick down the field, but lacks the size/power to consistently dominate on the edge in the NFL.

Impression: Possesses solid size/speed and knows how to go get the football. However, he isn't a real dynamic athlete in any area of the game and will have a tough time consistently making a roster.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...l&player=46259

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

heard Baldwin made a sick one handed catch today
Old 05-29-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
heard Baldwin made a sick one handed catch today
And according to Adam Teicher, he made it against Stanford Routt and not some no name free agent. Somebody pass me another glass of kool-aid.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Jalil Brown is turning into yet another Pioli CB gem in that 4th-5th round range. Nice to see a guy with tools like that start to put it together. That was just a great pick to stash behind the other CBs on the roster.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sounds like Hudson is doing well at Center so far
Old 06-01-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone looks good without pads on...These guys are world class athletes. I distinctly remember when Brodie Croyle was the heir apparent and this article made it out to sound like he was the next joe montana...I guess he was, minus his toughness, accuracy, mobility. I'm kinda on board with Balldwin, because the talent is obviously there. But Jalil Brown probably isn't going to be a starter in this league.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Everyone looks good without pads on...These guys are world class athletes. I distinctly remember when Brodie Croyle was the heir apparent and this article made it out to sound like he was the next joe montana...I guess he was, minus his toughness, accuracy, mobility. I'm kinda on board with Balldwin, because the talent is obviously there. But Jalil Brown probably isn't going to be a starter in this league.
Why?

Croyle was trash and isn't a very good tool for comparison. He was the QB of an Alabama team that didn't score a lot of points, he was undersized, he was injury prone, and he never did anything that stood out other than a couple catches Tyrone Prothro made.

Brown is pretty smart and has the size, athleticism, and potential to be anything as a CB in the NFL. And pads or no pads is pretty irrelevant for corners and receivers anyway. That's more for line play and runningbacks. Point I'm trying to make is I don't see why we shouldn't be optimistic and slightly excited about Brown.

Last edited by nepg : 06-02-2012 at 09:19 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Why?

Croyle was trash and isn't a very good tool for comparison. He was the QB of an Alabama team that didn't score a lot of points, he was undersized, he was injury prone, and he never did anything that stood out other than a couple catches Tyrone Prothro made.

Brown is pretty smart and has the size, athleticism, and potential to be anything as a CB in the NFL. And pads or no pads is pretty irrelevant for corners and receivers anyway. That's more for line play and runningbacks. Point I'm trying to make is I don't see why we shouldn't be optimistic and slightly excited about Brown.
I think Croyle is a good comparison to Brown. I believe DC's scouting report suggested he had "all the tools" needed to become a NFL starter, big arm, etc. Also, there was an article the year croyle was the heir apparent saying how he made every throw out there and this was the shining definitive moment that KC needed from their QB(ssome bs like that). and now we're knee deep in with Cassel(btw I think Stanzi has the tools to become our franchise qb, but I'm a pretty biased Iowa fan)Jalil Brown is in that same category. He is one of the best at presss coverage and a special teams ace. I hope your right nepg and he turns into the next great Pioli find, but I wouldn't hold my breath. My point is that don't buy everything you hear during OTA's.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not everyone stands out in shorts. Those with real athleticism do. Jamaaal Charles flashed his potential at OTA, but it was two years before he really showed the league. Players that have more impact because of their grit do not do as well. We get to see them next month.

I want to see Quinn after he gets to know the offense a bit better. Of our three QBs, he was by far the best regarded coming out. The Browns threw him to the wolves. This is almost the opposite situation.

J
Old 06-03-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
I think Croyle is a good comparison to Brown. I believe DC's scouting report suggested he had "all the tools" needed to become a NFL starter, big arm, etc. Also, there was an article the year croyle was the heir apparent saying how he made every throw out there and this was the shining definitive moment that KC needed from their QB(ssome bs like that). and now we're knee deep in with Cassel(btw I think Stanzi has the tools to become our franchise qb, but I'm a pretty biased Iowa fan)Jalil Brown is in that same category. He is one of the best at presss coverage and a special teams ace. I hope your right nepg and he turns into the next great Pioli find, but I wouldn't hold my breath. My point is that don't buy everything you hear during OTA's.
I never liked Croyle. I was a huge critic when he came out and had seen pretty much every game of his. He didn't have all the tools. He had the arm and nothing else. He was under 200lbs. That is extremely undersized and he paid for it with all the injuries he accumulated throughout his life.

I'm not "buying everything I hear". My assessment of Brown was that he has the size and tools to be a good starter if he develops properly. The things I'm hearing are along the lines of what I thought he was going to be is all.

I don't see Asante Samuel, but he could be Ellis Hobbs or even Brandon Carr. The later maybe being best-case scenario with the former seeming likely.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We inked Abram Elam today and he'll be at OTAs.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
We inked Abram Elam today and he'll be at OTAs.
That's awesome. They really needed a smart, veteran leader type of player. I didn't even know he was out there... He can fill the void left by Jon McGraw if he sticks.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
Not everyone stands out in shorts. Those with real athleticism do. Jamaaal Charles flashed his potential at OTA, but it was two years before he really showed the league. Players that have more impact because of their grit do not do as well. We get to see them next month.

I want to see Quinn after he gets to know the offense a bit better. Of our three QBs, he was by far the best regarded coming out. The Browns threw him to the wolves. This is almost the opposite situation.

J
I'm not saying I disagree with you guys. But any track star(Sammy Parker) probably flashed a lot in OTAs too. I'm also not saying that Jalil Brown won't turn into the next Ellis Hobbs. I'm just saying that given the fact that OTA's are pretty locked down and the only information coming out is (probably) from the PR dept for the Chiefs, I'd be leery. That's how communism became so popular you know :)

I'm curious to see what Quinn still has. I thought he was going to be a great qb and was hoping KC would take him when he kept dropping and dropping...
Old 06-06-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any word on how Charles, Berry or Moeaki are recovering and how they look so far?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Any word on how Charles, Berry or Moeaki are recovering and how they look so far?
Sounds like they'll be ready for camp. Charles says he feels better than every, but that's what they all say. A year off of football to recover makes you think you feel great.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Sounds like they'll be ready for camp. Charles says he feels better than every, but that's what they all say. A year off of football to recover makes you think you feel great.
OTOH he has also had a year to get over the accumulation of dings and bumps. If the leg is good to go, the rest will have done him a lot of good.

J
Old 06-08-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Stay tuned for more definitive information soon. According to Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star, all three are scheduled to be examined by doctors on June 18th. If all goes well that day, they would be cleared to participate in training camp.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote