Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 06-01-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth View Post
I can't find much on Wes Horton (DE, USC) - NFL Draft Scout have him as a 1st/2nd rounder - seen a few highlights, looks to have a good frame, but would like to see more.
I thought Kennard was a much better player on tape. Horton isn't as explosive as Kennard, IMO. They basically split snaps last year. I just don't see much burst off the line from Horton though.

I don't think Kennard is special, but I think he is a solid 2nd to 3rd Rounder. Reminds me a lot of Ray Edwards. Clearly the superior pass rusher on the USC team.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Horton plays left end (#96), although he rotates out as, Big Bird mentioned. Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert (#80) and USC FS T.J. McDonald (#7) are two others to keep an eye on, and of course there's always Michael Floyd and Nick Perry if you missed them.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Horton plays left end (#96), although he rotates out as, Big Bird mentioned. Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert (#80) and USC FS T.J. McDonald (#7) are two others to keep an eye on, and of course there's always Michael Floyd and Nick Perry if you missed them.

That video isn't working for me, but others to keep an eye on the USC defense are CB Isiah Wiley (lanky corner who generally plays off man, solid hips, solid athlete, choppy feet), the guy who actually plays FS for the Trojans, Jawanza Starling (undraftable, unless somebody falls in love with his character [which I know nothing about] or special teams ability [is on kickoff return]), and S Drew McAllister (back-up to McDonald and Starling, plays special teams, high effort guy).
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:10 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
That video isn't working for me
Would you mind trying it again? I'm not having any problems viewing it on Youtube, but I don't want to waste my time uploading videos if people are having trouble viewing them.

On a related note, I'm currently uploading the USC offense against the Notre Dame defense. USC's top 2013 prospects are:

QB Matt Barkley
WR Robert Woods*
C Khaled Holmes

You may also want to keep an eye on RB Curtis McNeal, who was impressive during the game. RB Marc Tyler, FB/TE Rhett Ellison, and LT Matt Kalil are notable draft prospects from 2012. WR Marqise Lee is very highly regarded as well, although he is a sophomore.

Notre Dame's top defensive prospect is ILB Manti Te'o, although NT Louis Nix is a massive sophomore nose tackle as well. OLB Darius Fleming and SS Harrison Smith are notable prospects from 2012.

I spent most of the game focused on Khaled Holmes, who played very well against Louis Nix. Although Holmes is not as big as Peter Konz, he could end up being drafted even higher than Konz was. Holmes played right guard as a sophomore and moved to center last year, so there's some versatility to his game, and he was named to the 2011 All-Pac 12 second team and the 2011 All-Academic second team. I was especially impressed with his ability to create holes in the running game against a 320+ pound nose tackle.

Last edited by Matthew Jones : 06-02-2012 at 06:13 AM.
Matthew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:18 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
corey lemonier.
There should be some clips of Lemonier up in the next day or two.

Last edited by Matthew Jones : 06-02-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Matthew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
HakeemtheMachine
Rookie

HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I should upload all my full game cut ups on a separate name. I have tons of them. I have almost every LSU game cut
HakeemtheMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HakeemtheMachine View Post
I should upload all my full game cut ups on a separate name. I have tons of them. I have almost every LSU game cut
I like the full-game cut-ups if there are a bunch of different prospects on a team because it lets the viewer choose who they want to focus on, whereas if a team is relatively limited in terms of prospects it makes more sense to skip to the good stuff, so to speak.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Here's the USC offense vs. Notre Dame's defense:

Old 06-02-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Any OT who might actually have first round talent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman57 View Post
I'd really like some videos of William Gholston, there's none out there right now.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Dro
Rookie

Dro hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Eric Reid in fact.. i would like to see a scouting report on him by you Jones.
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Not very flattering for Gholston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro View Post
x2. Reid is one of my draft crushes.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love some more tape on WRs. Specifically Keenan Allen, Marquess Wilson, the two Tennessee wideouts and the WR from Baylor. Obviously I'm not expecting all of them, but a few would be great and make position rankings easier.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Later this week or next week I'm actually going to be posting an article about him on NEPatriotsDraft! To sum it up though, he's a high-to-mid first-round pick who can handle deep coverage abilities as well as defend in the box.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:23 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys know you can just torrent games on your own.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:21 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You guys know you can just torrent games on your own.
Shhh...Actually there are a few guys posting full games on YouTube, and you can simply download them using a plug-in if you have FireFox or Chrome.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:42 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
Shhh...Actually there are a few guys posting full games on YouTube, and you can simply download them using a plug-in if you have FireFox or Chrome.
I am aware of such Youtube channels and they have allowed me to clear some space on my hd. Though I don't see why I'd need to download them if they are already accessible on Youtube.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:14 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am aware of such Youtube channels and they have allowed me to clear some space on my hd. Though I don't see why I'd need to download them if they are already accessible on Youtube.
Some plays, I like to watch in slow-motion or go back and forth frame-by-frame.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:52 AM    (permalink
WVU1
Rookie

WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.

Michael Campanaro & Tavon Austin
WVU1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Dro
Rookie

you guys view Ried as more of a FS or a SS? Same Question goes for Honey Badger more of a CB or FS or SS? If he falls to late 1st i wonder if the redskins would trade up to get him and play him at FS or SS (the one thats needed the most).. If he can even play SS.

Last edited by Dro : 06-03-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
you guys view Ried as more of a FS or a SS? Same Question goes for Honey Badger more of a CB or FS or SS? If he falls to late 1st i wonder if the redskins would trade up to get him and play him at FS or SS (the one thats needed the most).. If he can even play SS.
Eric Reid plays free safety; Brandon Taylor was LSU's strong safety last season. Reid could probably play strong safety in the NFL but free safeties are more valuable, so he'll probably play there. Mathieu played a little bit of safety but his best fit in the NFL will probably be in the slot, where he plays when LSU goes to their sub packages.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I would love some more tape on WRs. Specifically Keenan Allen, Marquess Wilson, the two Tennessee wideouts and the WR from Baylor. Obviously I'm not expecting all of them, but a few would be great and make position rankings easier.
Make that two for Keenan Allen - came to this thread to request. I've been pretty impressed when I've watched him, but I've been a little surprised at how (seemingly, at least) little video of him is up on the 'Tube. What I'd really like to see is footage of him matched up against top corner prospects, whoever those may be. Don't follow Cal close enough to know who he was going up against.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also Aaron Murray. And Jesse Williams.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 06-03-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Dro
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Eric Reid plays free safety; Brandon Taylor was LSU's strong safety last season. Reid could probably play strong safety in the NFL but free safeties are more valuable, so he'll probably play there. Mathieu played a little bit of safety but his best fit in the NFL will probably be in the slot, where he plays when LSU goes to their sub packages.
Reason i was asking was because Skins just signed Tanard Jackson this year which leaves SS open (Brandon Meriweather is there so its still open) thats why i was asking could either of these 2 play SS... Honey Badger would be good imo but realistically he shouldn't be a first rounder his coverage skills were kinda exposed in championship game.. need improvement this year.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Also Aaron Murray. And Jesse Williams.
Some Jesse Williams/John Jenkins (UGA) would be nice. Also would like to see more of UVA OT Oday Aboushi.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Not very flattering for Gholston.
Nope. But the fact that Lewan made it look so easy to neutralize him says a lot, too. Keepin' an eye on that kid.

How about some video of Denicos Allen, though, while we're talking Michigan State?