Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 06-03-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And maybe some footage of UF's Andre Debose. More of a return guy right now, but looks like he's got some NFL ability.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
But the fact that Lewan made it look so easy to neutralize him says a lot, too. Keepin' an eye on that kid.

I watched Lewan completely destroy Illinois DE Michael Buchanan. His run blocking skills are legit. It's how much you believe in his pass blocking ability. I haven't seen enough to judge.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I watched Lewan completely destroy Illinois DE Michael Buchanan. His run blocking skills are legit. It's how much you believe in his pass blocking ability. I haven't seen enough to judge.
Seemed like he was doing a fair bit of that against Gholston, but I haven't seen a whole lot of him, either, so there's not much more that I can say. Certainly makes you think "Jake Long," though.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Make that two for Keenan Allen - came to this thread to request. I've been pretty impressed when I've watched him, but I've been a little surprised at how (seemingly, at least) little video of him is up on the 'Tube. What I'd really like to see is footage of him matched up against top corner prospects, whoever those may be. Don't follow Cal close enough to know who he was going up against.
Not many top corners in the PAC12, that's why. PAC12 defenses, overall, are a joke if you ask me.
norcalgsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did work on all three WRs.

Wilson has the best hands and pure receiving skills, Allen is the best with the ball in his hands and Woods has pretty much everything a franchise WR needs minus ideal height; He's also the best deep threat of the three.

I'm interested to see how they all progress this season because they're all extremely talented but could still get better.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:47 AM    (permalink
HakeemtheMachine
Rookie

HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heres a guy I uploaded yesterday havent seen much chatter about him.

Tulsa safety 6-2 222 Dexter MCcoil

HakeemtheMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunately the only Cal game I have from last season is Cal/Stanford. If anyone's interested I'll take some clips of Allen from the game, but Hakeem/JP has some stuff up on Youtube already for Allen.

P.S. I haven't forgotten about Corey Lemonier! Clemson/Auburn is next.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

much thanks. i think corey has a chance to really shoot up draft boards shea mclennin or mercilus style. great pass rusher that someone could fall in love with.

there he is against florida and arkansas

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
Not many top corners in the PAC12, that's why. PAC12 defenses, overall, are a joke if you ask me.
Right. This is precisely my train of thought. He's looked beastly running through secondaries when I've watched him... but I don't know that there's anyone there who's giving you a good idea of how he'll stack up against NFL corners.

Any good one-on-one footage of him against Oregon/Cliff Harris? Arizona State/Omar Bolden? Oregon State/Jordan Poyer? Washington/Desmond Trufant? USC's got a couple pretty good corners, and Texas' Carrington's good. Not huge names, but guys you see in draft rankings.

...He did have his worst statistical game against Oregon last year, and Poyer's probably the most legit of the bunch.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Right. This is precisely my train of thought. He's looked beastly running through secondaries when I've watched him... but I don't know that there's anyone there who's giving you a good idea of how he'll stack up against NFL corners.

Any good one-on-one footage of him against Oregon/Cliff Harris? Arizona State/Omar Bolden? Oregon State/Jordan Poyer? Washington/Desmond Trufant? USC's got a couple pretty good corners, and Texas' Carrington's good. Not huge names, but guys you see in draft rankings.

...He did have his worst statistical game against Oregon last year, and Poyer's probably the most legit of the bunch.
the texas game should be a good game to review for allen. i really like everyone in their secondary.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
dmoneyrockin
Rookie

dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Eric Reid plays free safety; Brandon Taylor was LSU's strong safety last season. Reid could probably play strong safety in the NFL but free safeties are more valuable, so he'll probably play there. Mathieu played a little bit of safety but his best fit in the NFL will probably be in the slot, where he plays when LSU goes to their sub packages.
I'm currently looking at Mathieu as a safety. His ball skills on the back end are top notch. His size may be a deterant at safety, his skillset fits best there, imo.
dmoneyrockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
HakeemtheMachine
Rookie

HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a Lemonier vid vs Georgia

Old 06-04-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
HakeemtheMachine
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
the texas game should be a good game to review for allen. i really like everyone in their secondary.
vs Texas,USC , Washington

Old 06-04-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
HakeemtheMachine
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoneyrockin View Post
I'm currently looking at Mathieu as a safety. His ball skills on the back end are top notch. His size may be a deterant at safety, his skillset fits best there, imo.
I really wonder what he will translate 2. Ideally I think he is a SS skill set wise. Size wise he is a slot corner. The problem is he isnt very good in man coverage. Most likely he will be used in some type of rover role in nickel packages. Play in the box , play some short zone,blitz off the edge
Old 06-04-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jelani Jenkins
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
dmoneyrockin
Rookie

dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HakeemtheMachine View Post
I really wonder what he will translate 2. Ideally I think he is a SS skill set wise. Size wise he is a slot corner. The problem is he isnt very good in man coverage. Most likely he will be used in some type of rover role in nickel packages. Play in the box , play some short zone,blitz off the edge
I agree with that opinion. His lack of man cover skills limits him as a slot guy. He's a very good blitzer, and a very reliable tackler. He offers a lot of versitility, and he plays the ball in front of him better than anyone that came out recently. He's one of those guys that if were 2-3inches taller and 15-20lbs heavier he'd be a top 10 lock. Right now I see him as a solid 2nd rounder who could push his way into the 1st with a big season, or could slip to the 3rd with a subpar year. Ultimately I think he turns out somewhere between Jim Leonard and Ed Reed.
dmoneyrockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
Jelani Jenkins
Secondeded.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

I try not to be too much of a numbers person, but Tyrann is one guy I do look at and think, "Man, that guy is just too small."
Old 06-04-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

Quote:
I have a Lemonier vid vs Georgia
thanks a ton.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
thanks a ton.
Love me some Corey Lemonier.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...Corey+Lemonier
Old 06-05-2012, 12:24 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I try not to be too much of a numbers person, but Tyrann is one guy I do look at and think, "Man, that guy is just too small."
Brent Grimes.
norcalgsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
Brent Grimes.
Brent Grimes is a small guy with great coverage skills. Mathieu is a guy who people want to call a safety because of the way he plays and the fact that he doesn't have great coverage skills, but doesn't even weigh 180 lbs. I think he's a defensive gadget player. You're going to put him in specific situations. I'm not sure where I select a player like that.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 06-05-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

In a way, Tyrann is a defensive version of LaMichael James to me. Take that as you may.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Lemonier vid vs Georgia
Not as impressed with that game as I was with others. Didn't look strong at the point of attack, and his big plays looked more like bad offensive plays.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
bulldog0123

Ben Malena, he ran hard in the bowl game against NW this year. I want to see more of him.