Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 04-12-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
gerky

Default Do you like Scott's new Mock Draft for the Bears?

I'm a little skeptical about the recent mock draft that Scott has put up. I think the Bears are going to pick the best player at that point in the draft or they can possibly be adding depth at certain positions.

I haven't heard anything about Daniel Manning being moved to cornerback, which wouldn't be a bad idea considering that Tillman and Vasher's contracts are expiring soon. If these rumors are true, then I like the Michael Griffin pick.

The other pick I like is Quincy Black. He is a versatile outside linebacker just like Brian Urlacher was coming out of college. It provides depth at the position and a possible replacement for Lance Briggs.

The only pick I don't like is Ben Grubbs. I think they should consider taking a wide receiver here. Dwayne Jarrett could be here and so will Sidney Rice. They need someone to play beside Berrain in a couple of years after the Moose is gone.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I despise the 1st rounder, but love everything else. Griffen and Black are 2 guys that I have come to like, and I think would be very good for us. But missing out on reciever in the 1st round, especially with Jarrett there would kill the draft for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is what I wrote in the Mock Draft Live thread about Scott's latest mock...

Quote:
If it was between Jarrett and Grubbs for pick 31 for the Bears, I would hope JA would take Jarrett. Ruben Brown has been signed, and both Terrence Metcalf and Roberto Garza are signed long term. And apparently the org. is very high on Tyler Reed who was just drafted last year... OG IS NOT A FIRST ROUND NEED!

If Griffin is there at 37, I don't see how JA could pass him up. Even though they did just get AA and Mike Brown will be returning, I don't think you can pass on a talent like Griffin. And yes, Manning might be moving to CB to either replace Vasher or Tillman, who are both free agents at the end of the year. But, I am not ruling out the possibility of both of them returning.

I have no problem with Quincy Black, but I really think Brandon Jackson is going to be the pick for the Bears in the 3rd if he is there. But I have no problem with Quincy Black in the 3rd. I would say OLB is the biggest need on the team, but there just isn't good value early, and in no way do I think Durant would be worth 31, let alone 37.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:07 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerky View Post
I'm a little skeptical about the recent mock draft that Scott has put up. I think the Bears are going to pick the best player at that point in the draft or they can possibly be adding depth at certain positions.

I haven't heard anything about Daniel Manning being moved to cornerback, which wouldn't be a bad idea considering that Tillman and Vasher's contracts are expiring soon. If these rumors are true, then I like the Michael Griffin pick.

The other pick I like is Quincy Black. He is a versatile outside linebacker just like Brian Urlacher was coming out of college. It provides depth at the position and a possible replacement for Lance Briggs.

The only pick I don't like is Ben Grubbs. I think they should consider taking a wide receiver here. Dwayne Jarrett could be here and so will Sidney Rice. They need someone to play beside Berrain in a couple of years after the Moose is gone.
First and formost I'm lost on the whole Minnesota Peterson pick. This is crazy. It makes absolutely no sense at all. I'm truly lost on that selection.

I'm a little shocked we just pass up on Jarrett who would IMO be an ideal replacement for Moose and just let him get taken by Tampa in the 2nd. We could just select him 31st and Grubbs 37th like one of his past drafts had it. To me this would be a better selection. As I am a big Griffin fan I don't understand drafting Grubbs 31st when several drafts have him 37th. Even Griffin 31st and Grubbs 37th makes more sense.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:14 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
This is what I wrote in the Mock Draft Live thread about Scott's latest mock...
VERY VERY well put Smokey. Grubbs has been talked up and it seems as though he could be very good...BUUUUUTTT we just pass up on Griffin who shouldn't drop this low AND Jarrett? C'mon now. How do we just pass up on Jarrett and LET him go to Tampa who would at that point would be a gaurantee to take him. We could get both Jarrett and Grubbs if we went Jarrett first. My whole point is if Grubbs drops to us he "should" still be there at 37. Why take him 31st when we can get him 37? Especially when we could have a WR that will not go past Tampa in the 2nd. Makes no sense to me. If Griffin drops this low we'd better take Griffin and Jarrett. JMO though.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:59 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dunno.

scott i think has some wires crossed. with minn and peterson. for sure.

as far as the bears. i don't think griffin will be around by 37. probably not by 31 either. safety is the biggest 'gamechanger' on D lately. seeing that it's the trendy topic amongst everyone. if griffin is gone by 37 do you still think were gonna be picking up a safety round 2?

OL still makes 'sense' i mean, as far as it can. if staley or grubbs is available we'll jump on that like a mouse in a bag. yeah, ruben is resigned. no he's still near thirty five. he's athletic, still plays well in our line, but how much longer does he got? oh, not much more than this year. which is good, because he's signed to a one year contract. we're not looking for a starter to fill in for brown. john st. clair and metcalf are the fill-ins. they won't maintain a starter postion. grubbs/beekman will be in after a year. brown will NOT be resigned one more year. ergo. OG is one of our tops.

I think the bears are going to look for an upgrade to Fred miller soon too. i don't know if it's gonna be through the draft (if its there, i hope they pull the trigger). I've never been consistantly impressed by him since he joined the bears. I mean, he's huge. Huge. Huge. Man has eagle wings. but he doesn't have the same push that he did, say, in 2004. i get distracted from my point easily. but the fact of the matter is, if we have top quality OT on our table, we'll take that before an OG because ruben still plays at a high level. for how long remains unknown, but miller doesn't play at the next level as often. give him the competition of some fresh young legs to beat him out. rookie elite linemen are a weird concept (with the exception of centers, because they're not real people)...
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:26 AM    (permalink
KBear
All-Pro

KBear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Griffin pick was a value pick. So if he is not there, I dont see the Bears going safty that early.

I'm fine with Grubbs in the first, I do think he will be there at the 37th pick, but he is still good value at 31. So I dont love the pick, but I dont mind it either. If the Bears dont grab one of the top 3 OG in this draft, then I would rather they not draft one at all, because they would not make the final roster.

I like the Black pick in the third, I would not mind a RB there, but I see RB more as a day 2 need then a day one selection.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben Grubbs is a good pick. Ruben Brown can't play for ever. The offensive line is going to be a major target whether you like it or not Pele.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
Ben Grubbs is a good pick. Ruben Brown can't play for ever. The offensive line is going to be a major target whether you like it or not Pele.
I never said he wasn't. (how did you get this from my statement?) I did however say it would be assanine for us to select him with the 31st pick when there is a VERY HIGH chance we could get him at 37th. Nothing is pre-determined and none of us know the outcome of the draft but if I could get a top tier receiver and still have a HIGH CHANCE of getting a top tier Guard then I'd take the better of the two. I'll admit I don't want a guard drafted high but if we're after Grubbs taking him in the 1st wouldn't be smart play. There is no need taking a player higher than he may end up being taken hence the reason why I made my statement. You're gambling either way but Chicago could still be in favor of selecting Grubbs with the 37th pick. Missing out on another top tier player that will not last until 37th would not be smart drafting. Apparently I'm not the only one who see's this. *looks at Smokey and other posters commentary*
Old 04-13-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pelle, who do you think is vital that the colts, raiders, brownies, bucs, lions will take between 31 and 37?
Old 04-13-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
pelle, who do you think is vital that the colts, raiders, brownies, bucs, lions will take between 31 and 37?
I think that the colts have a good chance at getting an OLB since Cato June is now gone. If they don't select an OLB I can see them adding some help for the DT position.

The Browns have many needs so its kinda hard to determine which way they'll go. Same goes with the Raiders. My hopes are Oakland goes DT or WR (assuming we've already acquired Jarrett) The only way I see them going WR is if Porter or Moss are gauranteed to leave. O-Line is definatelly a concern for them so there is a slight chance Grubbs could go then. Even if he did there is Sears and Blalock who could also be acquired with the 37th pick.

The lions are pretty sound (other than maybe qb) on offense so I don't really see them making it a priority in the top rnds of the draft. Defense has been a weakness for them and they have a lot of positions they could upgrade. They could end up going DB after trading Bly. This would be the most logical choice given their defense performed soso last season.

As for the Bucs they could also go many routes. They're defense is aging and they're in great need of a young defensive playmaker. On offense they also need a receiver to replace oldman Galloway who is still holding on. Quarterback could also be another option for them as well.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Theres a good chance Grubbs will get taken in between 31 and 37. I'd rather have Jarrett, but I think Grubbs is a good pick.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 04-13-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grubbs will not be picked by the Bears in the first... and quote me on this now, OG WILL NOT BE TAKEN FIRST DAY BY THE BEARS, UNLESS THERE IS JUST INCREDIBLE VALUE THAT YOU CANNOT PASS UP!

Ruben Brown is back for at least one more season, and IMO, he should have another 2-3 good seasons left in him. OG is not as a physically taxing position like RB. Also, both Terrence Metcalf and Roberto Garza have both been signed LONG-TERM! But yes, they are kinda fillers rather than starts. BUT!, the organization has been very high on Tyler Reed from everything I have read, and it looks like he is who the organization will try and develop for another year or two, and groom to be a starter...

OT is a need... NOT OG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-13-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

Quote:
Grubbs will not be picked by the Bears in the first... and quote me on this now, OG WILL NOT BE TAKEN FIRST DAY BY THE BEARS, UNLESS THERE IS JUST INCREDIBLE VALUE THAT YOU CANNOT PASS UP!

Ruben Brown is back for at least one more season, and IMO, he should have another 2-3 good seasons left in him. OG is not as a physically taxing position like RB. Also, both Terrence Metcalf and Roberto Garza have both been signed LONG-TERM! But yes, they are kinda fillers rather than starts. BUT!, the organization has been very high on Tyler Reed from everything I have read, and it looks like he is who the organization will try and develop for another year or two, and groom to be a starter...

I'm still standing on my comment regarding an offensive lineman not being taken in the 1st. I don't think its going to happen. If I'm wrong I'll glady eat crow. Doubters get your plates ready.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:

Ruben Brown has a year left, tops. Terrance Mercalf is not starter material, he proved that last year, with Brown leaving next year, it's be nice to have Ruben's replacement on the roster. There are almost no reports of Tyler Reed, who was a bad pick last year to begin with. Reed is training camp fodder, he'll be lucky to make the 53 man roster, he's not even in the same escelon as Justin Blalock, Ben Grubbs, or Ryan Kalil. Offensive Guard, and Tackle are both needs, Fred Miller has very little left in the tank, and John Tait is better suited to play right tackle. I wouldn't mind Tony Ugoh at 37, but that's too early for James Marten.

Now quote me on this OFFENSIVE LINE will be taken on the first day by the Bears.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 04-13-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
KBear
All-Pro

KBear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Bears probably wont get a chance to draft a good OT in this draft. I would just rather pass on them all together or just use one of our 7th rounders on one to put on the practice squad and develop like they are doing with Reed.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Ruben Brown has a year left, tops. Terrance Mercalf is not starter material, he proved that last year, with Brown leaving next year, it's be nice to have Ruben's replacement on the roster. There are almost no reports of Tyler Reed, who was a bad pick last year to begin with. Reed is training camp fodder, he'll be lucky to make the 53 man roster, he's not even in the same escelon as Justin Blalock, Ben Grubbs, or Ryan Kalil. Offensive Guard, and Tackle are both needs, Fred Miller has very little left in the tank, and John Tait is better suited to play right tackle. I wouldn't mind Tony Ugoh at 37, but that's too early for James Marten.

Now quote me on this OFFENSIVE LINE will be taken on the first day by the Bears.
I put your quote in my sig... if your a man, you will put mine in yours (this sounds like when we were in bed the other night :D)

Old 04-13-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Well my statement applies to the entire offensive line, yours only applies to guard.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 04-13-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Well my statement applies to the entire offensive line, yours only applies to guard.
I don't care...

Old 04-13-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't care...
No you don't.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 04-13-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
No you don't.
exactly... and that is one mighty fine sig quote you got there.

Old 04-13-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My trade idea:

Bears send to Bills:
Lance Briggs

Bills Send to Falcons:
1st rd pick

Falcons send to Bears:
Both 2nd rd picks

so the Bills get: Lance Briggs
they lose:12th overall

Atlanta gets: 12th overall
they lose: 2 2nd rd picks

Bears get: 2 2nd rd picks
they lose:Lance Briggs

Then our draft could look like this:
1st:Dwayne Jarret WR
2a:Michael Griffin S
2b: Justin Blalock OG/T
2c-trade this to Seattle along with our 4th rder and next years 4th for their 2nd and 3rd rders
2c(Seattles)-Ben Patrick TE
3a(Seattles)-Quinn Pitcock DT
3b-Quincy Black OLB

That would be incredible.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that would never happen.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

if joe staley drops to 31, or we trade up and down to 15-ish. we'll pick up OT, which is (as i've said in other threads) the idea of the day.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
that would never happen.
^^^ what you said.