Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-28-2012, 04:23 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was waiting for Thrones to load and it came on again at 11 (I watched it at 7) so obviously I got sucked into watching it again. Just such a strong episode all around. I thought this was one of Don's best episodes and that's saying something. The final 10 minutes of the episode were stellar between him going to see Joan, the pitch (about damn time), the disappointment on his face when Joan walked in with the other partners and obviously the final scene with Peggy. Like I said before, everyone else is selfishly doing what they need to to get whatever they want and Don Draper of all people as developed into the strong moral rock of the show.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair half of the Jaguar talk on Mad Men are on how they are **** and breakdown all the time.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New episode tonight! Preview says that Sally goes out. God knows what that means but it's probably something semi-sexual after what happened last time we saw her
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glen tries to bang Sally. Lane botches his suicide attempt. Roger sleeps with ... someone.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* Glen better keep his grubby hands off of her!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome, awesome so far.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Glen tries to bang Sally. Lane botches his suicide attempt. Roger sleeps with ... someone.
Oh hey look, someone reads spoilers. Good job Daniel, it must be hard to find them and pass them off as predictions.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Looks like Xio may only be 2/3 right..
Old 06-03-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nevermind then.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-03-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Holy ****. Not sure which episode left me more shaken up. this one or Crawl Space on Breaking Bad.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well **** man.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Glen is one creepy bastard.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-04-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was just brilliant. Damn. The finale will have to be absolutely tremendous to even compare with this.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh look, a death!
Old 06-04-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Oh hey look, someone reads spoilers. Good job Daniel, it must be hard to find them and pass them off as predictions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Looks like Xio may only be 2/3 right..
I swear I didn't read or hear a spoiler. I don't even think I've ever come across one, Matthew Weiner is so tight-lipped about everything.

I think I was damn close to being 100% right though. Roger discussed banging some 25 year old off screen, and Glen brought up the subject of banging Sally.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I wasn't as high on this episode as you all seem to be. The Glen plot kinda miffed, IMO.

Loved how Pete discovered what Lane had done by peering over the wall though.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wasn't as high on this episode as you all seem to be. The Glen plot kinda miffed, IMO.

Loved how Pete discovered what Lane had done by peering over the wall though.
There wasn't that much Glen stuff though in reality and the moment with Don at the end was great. The Sallly/Betty interaction I also found to be pretty great as well.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Kinda random, but I can't wait until Breaking Bad starts and I can discuss episodes with my Mad Men bros. You guys are awesome.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:14 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interested to see where they go with the finale. I have to think they'll leave us with a nice cliffhanger for the final season but it's hard to imagine anything beating the shock factor from tonight. I remember someone brought how they didn't like him stealing money because he could have easily just asked for it and early on in the episode today it clicked for me that they were just writing him off.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:36 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Oh look, a death!
a. I never said it wouldn't happen! Just that I wasn't assuming it was going to happen to a main character. (Lane's status as a main character in this season is debatable)

b. Once his life went in shambles and Joan got promoted, it was clear they either had to write him out of the show or kill him.

c. I was watching tonight's ep with my brother and I looked wicked smaht when I said just before the episode 'So does Lane hang himself in this one?.'

d. Does anyone remember if it was it Lane who was talking when Don was drawing the noose?

e. Glen sucks and so does the actor who plays him. I'm glad he's just friend zoned for now and I'm glad Sally made fun of his stupid stache.

f. Lane makes two people who have hung themselves as a result of Don.

g. Don has been fantastic lately. not that he ever isn't but he's just gone to another level in the last couple episodes.

h. I still don't know how the season will end. the major event has happened but there has to be another big event to end the season on. That'd be awesome if they landed Dow chemical and would be interesting to see Kenny basically become the most important account man over Campbell. I feel like Pete needs a big moment, for better or for worse, in the finale. Hopefully we get to see Peggy and I expect we will.

Last edited by TACKLE : 06-04-2012 at 05:08 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ******* loved that episode.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Glen sucks and so does the actor who plays him. I'm glad he's just friend zoned for now and I'm glad Sally made fun of his stupid stache.
Glen is a total Wiener.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Glen is a total Weiner.
fixed, This was Glen's most likable episode for me

and my ******* god Mad Men is amazing, ugh I don't want to wait another year, at least it isn't 2 this time(hopefully)

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post

h. I still don't know how the season will end. the major event has happened but there has to be another big event to end the season on. That'd be awesome if they landed Dow chemical and would be interesting to see Kenny basically become the most important account man over Campbell. I feel like Pete needs a big moment, for better or for worse, in the finale. Hopefully we get to see Peggy and I expect we will.
I think Kenny becoming more important than Pete because he has the biggest account would be hilarious, and I fully expect that's where this is going. Landing Jaguar and Dow Chemical at once, while losing Lane and Peggy is a big enough impact as a cliffhanger for the company.

The truer cliffhanger will probably have something to do with Megan and Don.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe they'll leave us with a scene where Betty isn't a *****. Now there's a cliffhanger. I honestly would not be surprised if some else dies. Maybe Glen and Pete have a drag race. These are the only things I can imagine.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote