Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Some Random Offseason Thoughts

It's the slowest time of the NFL year so I tried thinking of some ways to spice it up. Rather than just give my own thoughts on a few subjects, I've asked a few prominent forum members for their thoughts as well. You can find their answers under each question.

Thank you to those who responded.

1.) What order do you see the AFC North teams finishing in this season?

ATLDirtyBirds:
1. Steelers
2. Ravens
3. Bengals
4. Browns

TitanHope:
1. Steelers (11-5)
2. Bengals (9-7)
3. Ravens (9-7)
4. Browns (2-14)

PrinceFielder28:
1. Steelers
2. Ravens
3. Bengals
4. Browns

BeerBaron:
1.) Bengals
2.) Steelers
3.) Ravens
4.) Browns

I'm going out on a limb here in a couple of ways. My dislike of the Ravens coaching staff, Flacco, his receivers on offense, Ray Rice possibly holding out and the Suggs injury on a defense that is going to become more conservative is well known. I could reasonably see a .500 season from them barring something miraculous.

The Steelers had a very solid draft, but they're going to have to rely on more young players than they're used to, especially on defense. A lot of people just assume they'll automatically be great because that is what the Steelers have gotten historically, but I'll believe it when I see it. I have them taking about half a step back and being a borderline playoff team with around 10 wins.

The Bengals now...I'm just guessing. They overachieved last year and failed to beat a single winning team all season, but their young talent is only going to grow up more and they had a hell of a draft. If they can avoid sophomore slumps and learn to play up to top level competition, I think they can sneak away with 11 wins.

The Browns. Good luck. They're still at least two steps back from every other team in the division. If you get to 4 wins, consider it a win.

2.) With both all but guaranteed to start rookie QBs, how many wins do you see the Colts and Redskins getting this year?

ATL: Colts 4, Redskins 7

TH: Indianapolis Colts: 4-12 Washington Redskins: 6-10

PF: Colts - 5 Redskins - 7

BB: Colts - 4 Redskins - 5

I don't love the Redskins as much as some others. I don't think they're going to beat the Giants twice again, and I just don't know where they're going to pick up the extra wins to get higher. Even the Panthers last year with Cam Newton playing one of the best rookie seasons ever for a QB only managed 6 wins. Griffin may be good, but I don't expect to see rookie QBs that good in back to back years.

Luck and the Colts...double their win total from last year. Win one more game than Peyton did as a rookie. I'd consider it a successful year.

3.) Over/Under 10 wins for the Giants this year?

ATL: Exactly 10

TH: Over

PF: Under

BB: I'd like to push and say 10, but I don't like pushing in an over/under question. So, I'll go with under. They were a 9-7 team last year that ran the gambit from Superbowl quality to outright lousy during the regular season. Yes, they turned it on in the playoffs, but they were so close to not even making them that it wasn't funny. I could see another year where complacency sets in and they miss the playoffs with 9 wins.

4.) Over/Under 10 wins for the Eagles this year?

ATL: Over, 11

TH: Under

PF: Over

BB: Over

They've had a great offseason to build on a strong finish to last season. They can easily be one of the most dangerous teams in the league if they turn everything on at once. Desean and Lesean should be happy with new deals, I look for Vick to rebound, and I look for that defense to play more like they did at the end of last season than the beginning. I'm going with over at 12 wins.

5.) Over/Under 13 wins for the Packers this year?

ATL: Under, 12

TH: I'd say right at 13 wins, but if I had to choose, under.

BB: Under

15 wins was damn impressive last year and it'll be next to impossible to duplicate that level of success. (I'm not sure that back to back 15 win seasons has ever happened to be honest.) They'll still be a dangerous Superbowl threat, obviously, but I don't think their win total will be quite as high. I'd like to push at 13 wins, but I'll go with under and say 12.

6.) Do you think that geography plays a role in the fact that many consider the two "West" divisions as the weakest in the sport?

ATL: No. Look at the QB position.

TH: There probably is a bit of an east coast bias, but I think a lot of it stems from the NFC West being weak outside of the division winner for the past decade, and the AFC West being so sporadic when it comes to a team consistently winning the division.

PF: I think the overall lack of quality competitiveness within the divisions is the greatest factor and geography adds into it

BB: There is a definite east coast bias in this country, and I think that whatever small part that has to play has an effect. Even if it's never directly cited as the reason that a team might miss out on a free agent or something, I think it plays a small part. It's not like there were teams in these divisions dominating regularly and it just went ignored in sports media. In recent years, we've seen more teams with under double digit wins (including one team with a losing record) win the western divisions than any other. The teams are also the most spread out, having to travel further for intra-division games than any others have to. I definitely think it plays a small factor.

7.) Speaking of the western divisions...who do you see winning the AFC West this year?

ATL: Denver. I think Manning will be pretty damn close to the same guy.

TH: If Peyton Manning is healthy, the Broncos. If he's not, then I like the Chiefs.

PF: Kansas City Chiefs

BB: I'm with some of the guys here in that it will come down to Peyton's health. If he's healthy, I have the Broncos. If he's not, it'll be between the Chargers and the Chiefs. The Chargers have a QB, but not much else worth mentioning. The Chiefs have plenty worth mentioning everyone but at QB. Regardless, I don't see any team in this division getting much beyond 10 wins, if that.

8.) Do you think the 49ers take a step back this year? Why or why not?

ATL: Yes. Will see a similar step back to Atlanta saw. Still very good, not quite as impressive though. Some of the things Harbaugh did to shield Smith will be exposed.

TH: I do. For one, repeating a 13-win season is a very difficult thing, even for teams who have an elite QB. It's difficult to consistently win season to season when you mainly rely on a strong defense and a running game. Especially when you consider how lopsided their turnover ratio was and the odds that they recreate that. I know they brought in better receivers, but I don't put money on that passing game becoming dynamic. I also think the division around them improved. They'll still win the division and likely hit a double-digit win total. No question.

PF: I believe not...the offense is equipped with more options than last year for Alex Smith to grow...the defense is a formidable force and I don't see them taking a step back in how much of a difference that they're able to make

BB: I think there will be a slight step back. 11 or 12 wins instead of 13 most likely. Yes, they've added offensive talent and have one of the best all around defenses in the league, but they won't sneak up on anyone this year and they have a tough out of division schedule. (NFC North with 3 playoff contenders, AFC East, Giants and Saints.)

9.) Who are your pre-training camp favorites to win the end of season awards?

ATL:
- Offensive RotY: RG3
- Defensive RotY: Kuechly
- Offensive PotY: Stafford
- Defensive PotY: JPP
- Comeback PotY: Peyton Manning
- Coach of the Year: Gary Kubiak
- MVP: Rodgers

TH:
- Offensive RotY: Robert Griffin III, QB, WAS
- Defensive RotY: Luke Keuchly, MLB, CAR
- Offensive PotY: Drew Brees, QB, NO
- Defensive PotY: Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, NYG
- Comeback PotY: Peyton Manning, QB, DEN
- Coach of the Year: Joe Vitt, NO
- MVP: Aaron Rodgers, QB, GB

PF:
- Offensive RotY: Trent Richardson
- Defensive RotY: Luke Keuchly
- Offensive PotY: Calvin Johnson
- Defensive PotY: DeMarcus Ware
- Coach of the Year: Gary Kubiak
- MVP: Tom Brady

BB:
- Defensive RotY: Luke Kuechly
- Offensive PotY: Cam Newton
- Defensive PotY: Trent Cole/Jason Babin
- Comeback PotY: Peyton Manning (Mario Williams)
- Coach of the Year: Andy Reid
- MVP: Aaron Rodgers

Richardson - Safe pick barring injury. He'll get a ton of carries and be the focal point of that offense. If one of the rookie QBs has a decent year, they'll likely win it. But Richardson is the safe pick.

Kuechly - Another safe pick. Seems to go to a linebacker 9/10 and he'll be the most prominent one in the league. If a rookie pass rusher gets a lot of sacks or a rookie DB gets a lot of picks, they could take it, but like Richardson, I'm going with Kuechly as the safe option.

Newton - Gambling on this one a bit. He'll definitely repeat the success of his rushing TDs and if the Panthers approach/make the playoffs, I see this as a likely possibility. He'll be an offensive stat machine which is what this award tends to recognize most.

Cole/Babin - Basically, whichever Eagle pass rusher has more sacks. I think the Eagles will rebound next year and one of these two will lead the defensive charge.

Manning - Obvious choice. If he even has an average season by his standards, he'll win it for sure. If not him for some reason, Mario Williams is my #2 pick. I think he'll rebound and his presence will improve the Bills defense overall much like Peppers did for the Bears a few years back.

10.) Homer Corner: How many wins do you see your favorite team getting this year?

ATL: 11

TH: Really depends when Jake Locker starts, how healthy Kenny Britt comes back from injury, and if the pass-rush improves. For now, I'm expecting another 9-7 season. I'm definitely excited to see an offense of Locker, Britt, CJ, Cook, and Wright, along with the other pieces we have.

PF: 11

BB: 10 and a playoff sniff. I'm excited for this year, more than I've been the last two. Cutler finally has some big targets for his jumpball style and even with no real improvements to the o-line, we've overcome it before. 10 wins and maybe a wildcard spot is my guess.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Ravens
2) Browns
3) Steelers
4) Bengals

2.) With both all but guaranteed to start rookie QBs, how many wins do you see the Colts and Redskins getting this year?

Colts will win 8 games and be a huge surprise playoff contender.
Redskins will win 6.

Under but I have no reasoning. They were under this year...

Over. Their front seven was pitiful at times last year and added a bunch of quality pieces. This question is really just 'how many games will Vick play?' reworded. I say he plays 13-16 games.

Under. The Lions will win that division. Rodgers will miss time this season.

6.) Do you think that geography plays a role in the fact that many consider the two "West" divisions as the weakest in the sport?

Not really. The AFC West is now one of the best divisions in football with Manning going to Denver. As for the NFC West, it really is just the QBs that bring it down because there is some incredible defensive talent on all four teams. I think its fair to call them the worst division in football now that the Colts added Luck.

7.) Speaking of the western divisions...who do you see winning the AFC West this year?

The Chargers finally. The Bolts always give Manning trouble (I think his career record against SD is 2-6 or something) and they'll finally put it together. They lost that incredible fluke game to KC on the fumbled kneel down last year. That type of huge blow won't happen again. This is the year.

I'm a Seahawks fan but I do not envision the Niners falling much. They may win 11 or 12, but they'll continue to be one of the toughest teams in the NFL under Harbaugh. He's turned that franchise into a winner. Unless Matt Flynn or Kevin Kolb really turns the corner, the Niners will win that division again.

- Offensive RotY: TRich/Luck will split it
- Defensive RotY: Mychal Kendricks
- Offensive PotY: Philip Rivers
- Defensive PotY: Eric Berry
- Coach of the Year: Chuck Pagano
- MVP: Matt Stafford

10.) Homer Corner: How many wins do you see your favorite team getting this year?

Seattle's defense should still be one of the top units in the league. Their running game should still be beastly. The season will come down to QB play. If Flynn is awesome they could be a real contender. If he's mediocre, they may have a chance at a playoff spot. If he's below average, they could win 4-6 games and end up picking top 10.

Predicting how he'll be is pretty tough considering all we have are two NFL games and college games yeeeeeeeeaars ago to go on. I hope he's good. I hope Rice and Okung stay healthy. I hope the OL gels. I hope they challenge SF (played them real tough twice last year with TJack at QB).

But no, he'll be just average and they'll win 6 games.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Seahawks are an interesting team to watch. I don't think much separates them from say, the Chiefs, who a lot of people like despite not having a QB. The Chiefs just don't have a team like the 49ers in the division that they have to overcome.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am OFFENDED I was not asked to participate in this. OFFENDED.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I couldn't think of everyone, and I only heard back from 3 out of the 10 I asked. Feel free to add your answers here.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

ATL: Exactly 10

TH: Over

BB: I'd like to push and say 10, but I don't like pushing in an over/under question. So, I'll go with under. They were a 9-7 team last year that ran the gambit from Superbowl quality to outright lousy during the regular season. Yes, they turned it on in the playoffs, but they were so close to not even making them that it wasn't funny. I could see another year where complacency sets in and they miss the playoffs with 9 wins.

I'd say under. 9-7 again due to having the hardest schedule in the NFL. Just like BBD, and all the other damn years, it comes down to injuries for us and our DC. The offensive side of the ball has been consistent throughout the years, though I am curious to see if the OL has learned how to run block. However, my faith in Fewell has gone from none to minimal. I hope he listens to the players input and adjusts. Whatever he was trying to do last season throughout the regular season, he should can it and throw it away. That nonsense was garbage, and he needs to do a lot better.

If we can stay healthy like we did throughout the SB run, and Fewell can get his head out of his buttock, then I think we can hit 10-12 wins.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is stupid, mainly because Im jealous. I even (discount) double checked my PMs.

tjsunstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't asked either.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Oh ffs....just add your thoughts here.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was asked and I typed up all of my answers, but never submitted them because the East-Coast/Geography question tripped me out. My first thought was: "No, it's because they really are the weakest divisions." Then, my second thought was: "Or do I only think that because of the East Coast bias?"

Last edited by WCH : 06-05-2012 at 03:31 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BB,

I got your message, I'll also provide my input on the teams you requested from me as well, but it's going to take a week or so to do. I'm slammed at work and I can't focus on this right now. But I will write something up, I just need a little time.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:32 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for asking BB :(

I'll do mine later!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Steelers
2) Bengals
3) Ravens
4) Browns

Colts- 3 Redskins-7

Exactly 10

Over

Under, Bears and Lions will be a lot tougher this year

I don't see how geography causes the Rams, Cardinals, Seahawks and Raiders to suck.

Cheifs, won't do damage in the playoffs though due to mediocre QB play.

Nope, they get even better. Added WRs, Aldon Smith develops even more, more depth behind Gore and a ton more progression for Alex Smith. Super Bowl is a high possibility for them this year.

- Defensive RotY: Fletcher Cox(Derek Wolfe surprises people and comes close to winning it)
- Offensive PotY: Ben Roethlisberger
- Defensive PotY: JPP
- Comeback PotY: Josh Freeman
- Coach of the Year: Romeo Crennel
- MVP: Ben Roethlisberger

Giants have a very tough schedule this year, but we improved our D and still have Eli. If Perry keeps the scheme he had late last year, we will be a 9-11 win team.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Here are the results BBD sent me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense

1. Pittsburgh Steelers
2. Baltimore Ravens
3. Cinncinnati Bengals
4. Cleveland Browns

I believe that Baltimore takes a step back because of the loss of Chuck Pagano and Terrell Suggs. I do not believe Joe Flacco is the type of qb that is capable of picking up the slack, and I think their defense will be dominant but also not as exotic, and they will take a step back as a result. I love their secondary, I believe it's arguably the best in the league, but they relied heavily on Suggs for pressure and now he's gone. I wasn't a huge Upshaw fan coming out, Kindle is a wildcard, and Kreuger seems like a high motor guy that can provide some rush but over 16 games I'm a little concerned about how he holds up.

I believe that Pittsburgh has made great improvements to the OL, Ben is Ben, and while that defense is aging and not what it used to be, I think Ben is the type of qb to pick up the slack and reclaim the division. It's also very rare that Pittsburgh has 2 average seasons in a row.

I believe that Cinncy has a slump year. They just never consistently put 2 good seasons together in a row. Couple that with a young roster and a mediocre coach, I think you have a let down season.

Cleveland is Cleveland.

Indy will win 4 to 5 games. While the talent is seriously lacking, the division is awful and I think Luck will make up for some of the talent. The talent isn't as awful as we think, it's just that their qb situation last year was absolutely dreadful and the team was built around Peyton, so you're gonna have a catastrophic year when he goes down naturally bc of how the team was built. Under Pagano, they will play defense and run the ball, and have Luck manage the game. While his defense will need time to develop, I can see them squeezing out 4 maybe 5 wins bc of Luck and bc of the schedule.

I think Washington is a wild card. How good is RGIII? The defense is stoute although I question that secondary, and the offense is good enough. If RGIII has a Cam Newton like season, they can win 9 games. If he is typical rookie, he'll win 6. I'm gonna say 6 wins and a bunch of close losses bc of the division they play in. It's not easy getting wins in the NFC East.

Over. Remember in 08 when the Giants were supposed to come back down to reality bc they just caught a hot streak? They won 12 games and was a Plaxico self gun shot away from a potential repeat. The Giants have a ton of talent, what caused our erratic play last year was poor coordination from Fewell and a morgueful of injuries. I'm not expecting us to repeat as champs bc I think that's pretty much impossible in today's NFL, but I do expect us to make the playoffs.

Over. If not over it's a push. The Eagles never have 2 bad seasons in a row under Reid, they have the talent, and they're a mentally tough team that finishes seasons strong. The Eagles will be in it til the end.

Under. You know how impossible it is to have 2 seasons like that in a row? Plus their division is a lot tougher now, and their secondary is not that good.

Probably. But I don't feel the West has the 2 weakest divisions in football anymore. I think SF is obviously very good, I think ppl sleep on Seattle, and I think Arizona is talented minus the qb. The AFC West has Peyton, a very talented KC team minus the qb, and Rivers. I think the AFC South is the weakest division in football.

Denver. Bc of Peyton. Yes, it really is that simple for me.

Yes. It's very difficult to put together consistency in this league, especially when you don't have a franchise qb. If you look at all the teams who have been consistently successful over the past 6 years, all of them have franchise qbs. The teams that are loaded but lack great qbs, they also have a good year then follow it up with a let down year etc. Why? Bc there will always be setbacks, and your qb needs to pick up the slack, and teams without that kind of qb see a drop off in the win loss column. They also had an inordinate turnover differential that won't happen again.

- Offensive RotY - RGIII
- Defensive RotY - Whitney Mercillus
- Offensive PotY - Cam Newton
- Defensive PotY - Justin Smith
- Comeback PotY - Kyle Williams
- Coach of the Year - Pete Carrol
- MVP
- Peyton Manning

11 wins. (Giants)
Old 06-06-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland is not Cleveland. They upgraded at QB (I know everybody hates Weeden except me and Chris Brown) and added a two-dimensional, potentially game-changing back.

Their defense remains pretty good. And their OL isn't bad.

The only part of their roster that's weak is WR. And Little should improve.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Also, Pete Carroll has the boys hitting already and they've been docked a few days of OTAs for it.

Love that.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Ravens
2. Steelers
3. Bengals
4. Browns

Colts- 6
Redskins- 5

Under 10 wins

Under 10 wins

13 on the dot.

No. St. Louis and Seattle are terrible. San Diego is a perennial under-achievers. Arizona came on at the end of the season, but were helped by playing Seattle, St. Louis, and Cleveland. Denver was able to win the division with a QB who completed about 40% of his passes. Enough said.

Denver, assuming Manning is healthy. If he isn't, there are no winners. Only losers. The biggest of whom will be the fans forced to watch that atrocity of a division.

Yes I think they'll take a step back. I think Alex Smith is a very average QB. Harbaugh worked wonders on him but I don't see him improving past where he was last year. Their schedule is harder too with Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit, New England, New York Giants, New Orleans, and a much improved Buffalo team. There is a 1% chance they meet last year's 13 wins and about a 50% chance they get 10 or fewer wins.

BB:
- Offensive RotY: Andrew Luck
- Defensive RotY: Bruce Irvin
- Offensive PotY: Matthew Stafford
- Defensive PotY: DeMarcus Ware
- Coach of the Year: Chan Gailey
- MVP: Tony Romo

Chicago Bears: 11 wins and the top wild card team. I think this is a NFC Championship caliber team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Steelers
2) Ravens
3) Bengals
4) Browns

Colts- 4 Redskins-8

Under 9

Over 11

Push The defense will be better, but I think the offense could take a step backwards.

No. Being on the west coast doesn't affect crappy drafting teams.

Cheifs

Yes. Defenses will be keyed in on Smith on defense, and Vernon Davis offensively. I also think their offensive line might not be as effective if someone gets hurt.

- Defensive RotY: Dont'a Hightower
- Offensive PotY: Cam Newton
- Defensive PotY: Tamba Hali
- Comeback PotY: Jon Beason
- Coach of the Year: Ron Rivera
- MVP: LeSean McCoy

Bears have made plenty of improvements this offseason. How far they get will depend on the defense, especially Urlacher's health. 10
Old 06-06-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I couldn't think of everyone, and I only heard back from 3 out of the 10 I asked. Feel free to add your answers here.
You disgust me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) AFC NORTH
1. Bengals
2. Steelers
3. Ravens
4. Browns

2) Colts - 3, Skins - 7

3) Over ten wins for the G-Men

4) 11-12 wins for the Iggles

5) Under 13 for the Pack

6) No, geography has nothing to do with it.

7) Denver wins if Peyton is healthy and Peyton-like, otherwise the Chiefs win it with 10-11 wins

8) Slight step back for the 9ers, they will probably win 12

9) OROY - Trent Richardson
DROY - Kuechly
OPOY - Aaron Rodgers
DPOY - Jared Allen
Comeback - Peyton Manning
MVP - Eli Manning

10) The Vikings will win 5 or 6 games. I'll go with 6 cuz I'm a homer

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.) Ravens
2.) Steelers
3.) Browns
4.) Bengals

The Ravens take the division but the Steelers are nipping at their heals. I actually liked the Steelers draft a LOT, but I'm still drinking the Ravens D koolaid. I think the Browns surprise some people this year and have a decent season. The Bengals fall a bit.

Colts: 3
Redskins: 5

The Redskins have a better team in every area on the field so they get the slight edge. I like RG3 more than Luck too, so..

Push. 10-6 and a playoff berth.

Under. They look good on paper but games aren't won on paper, and they're in a tough division. The Cowboys and Giants have also improved.

Under for me. 12-4 type of year, which is still great, obviously.

I don't think it has anything to do with it.

The Chiefs. We're the most complete team in the division and we have the easiest schedule.

It's hard to win 13 games in this league and no one will be sleeping on them anymore. They have a good defense but I'm worried about that offense producing again.

I don't think it will be close here. I'm a big fan of his and that line in Cleveland isn't bad.

- Defensive RotY: Luke Kuechly

He's a Linebacker. He wins it.

- Offensive PotY: Aaron Rodgers

He is unstoppable.

- Defensive PotY: Jared Allen

It's a hunch but I see him having another huge year.

- Comeback PotY: Jamaal Charles!

Wins the rushing title after missing the entire season last year. Boosh! Homer pick y'all!

- Coach of the Year: Mike McCarthy

I think the Packers will be the best team in the NFL again.

- MVP: Aaron Rodgers

No one is stopping him any time soon.

I'm gunna go with 11. Our schedule is pretty easy and we'll be completely healthy and ready to go. It doesn't hurt that we have the best overall team in the division and we'll probably have one of the top 5 rushing attacks so maybe we can limit the mistakes Cassel makes!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
- Comeback PotY: Jamaal Charles!

Wins the rushing title after missing the entire season last year. Boosh! Homer pick y'all!

- Coach of the Year: Mike McCarthy

I think the Packers will be the best team in the NFL again.
Charles has gotta be up there with Peyton for comeback player of the year. If he can play like he did before the injury he is a top 5 RB. I think he has much lighter work load this year though with the addition of Hillis and improvement of McCluster. Still gonna have a great season. O and how did you not pick Romeo for COTY? Making you guys an 11 win team like you predict is much more impressive than having a worse record than you did the year before.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charles is a good choice for comeback player. But if Manning is even serviceable, he wins it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OH YES I love BB's thoughts threads!

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:18 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trent Richardson is going to have to ball out of his mind to win ROTY. In this day and age a rookie QB can play average and still win the award.

Richardson is going to have to put up Jamal Lewis/AD type rookie numbers to win it and I don't see that happening unless Weeden can get the Browns passing attack to be at least respectable.

Luck/RGIII are still the frontrunners IMO for the award.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 06-07-2012 at 08:49 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is online now   Reply With Quote