Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-05-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not a huge Nintendo fan but Batman on Wii U looked amazing.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh. Nintendo is having a really poor press conference for me. Gimmicks and last years titles with exclusive gimmicks. It looks like they're gearing up to compete against the PS3 and 360 as opposed to bringing things forward. It's going to put them behind in terms of core games in the coming years, yet again. I'm not even going to pretend to say that Nintendo won't make money with this since everything they put out seems to do just that...but it certainly isn't winning me over. Pikmin looks kind of cool, but there's been nothing else that really interests me. More Mario is cool I guess...but it looks exactly the same as it did a few years ago.

Still waiting on some kind of Metroid announcement. I've also really liked that franchise. I skipped out on Other M, but something more akin to Metroid Prime would be cool.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Batman on WiiU looked dumb as hell imo. Same game with a different name, one tweak won't convince me otherwise. I loved the original Arkham City but them acting like it's going to somehow revolutionize the game is way off base.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3DS lineup is ridiculous; Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop, Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will probably roll with Xbox with the new hen tbh. I'll try to get both but I know my first one is going to be xbox.

I agree with Forenci that if the PS comes out at a ridiculous price I'll wait til black friday or somethin to get it cheaper.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dancers? Hmm....

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK, Zombie Reggie was kind of fun.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-05-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The WiiU is such a fail of a system if it simply tries to compete with this generation consoles and not the Ps4 or 720. And reading the nintendo fan boy on my FB page is seriously the most brain numbing thing. All they did yesterday was talk about how uncreative microsofts and Sonys press conference was and today its all "OMG ANOTHER MARIO GAME NINTENDO IS DA BEST!". Seriously the new mario U looks EXACTLY like the mario bros game released from the wii. That whole system just bugs me, the graphics seriously look like the same damn thing the Wii had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

I likeeee french foooood.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
The WiiU is such a fail of a system if it simply tries to compete with this generation consoles and not the Ps4 or 720. And reading the nintendo fan boy on my FB page is seriously the most brain numbing thing. All they did yesterday was talk about how uncreative microsofts and Sonys press conference was and today its all "OMG ANOTHER MARIO GAME NINTENDO IS DA BEST!". Seriously the new mario U looks EXACTLY like the mario bros game released from the wii. That whole system just bugs me, the graphics seriously look like the same damn thing the Wii had.
...basically this. I'm not one for fanboy wars, but I know this kid on your facebook page and I know him well. I don't understand it either. I like Nintendo franchises, but it's the same thing over and over again at this point...with one additional twist.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-05-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

There are one or two games that intrigue me on the WiiU but I don't think I'll spend my hard earned cash on it. The 3DS on the other hand is stacked right now when it comes to games. I'm going to wait to see what Sony and Microsoft have to offer on their next-gen consoles. They better not make it so you can't play used games or I'm going to Hulk smash somebody.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At first I couldn't believe the Wii U was a brand new system. I think it's a little too soon to move on from the Wii.

By the way, I'm guessing Kingdom Hearts Remembrance was just a rumor that won't materialize?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
At first I couldn't believe the Wii U was a brand new system. I think it's a little too soon to move on from the Wii.
The Wii's hardware is essentially 11 years old at this point. They really didn't have a choice about moving on. There's very little even coming out for the system these days, even. Technology has just gone forward that much. It's hard to convince developers to put energy into a system that just doesn't have the hardware to stack up against the competition.

...but the issue here is that the Wii U appears to be falling into the same trap.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-05-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean I grew up a Nintendo fan boy, I played the zelda, mario and DKC games to death but once I bought the game cube from then on out I realized Nintendo was no longer the best in the business. I mean yeah it sells, we all know that but this new Wii U is ******* shameful and insulting to even be called a next gen system. Not to mention are we really to be expected to get excited over games that have been out for almost a year now with worse graphics and a couple of gimmick tricks their new ipad controller can do? Ugh this whole thing makes me want to rage, thankfully I know better than to get into flame wars with fanboys of systems and just come to do it here. I'm not overly thrilled with microsoft's or Sony's shows but Nintendo's show right now is just insulting to me as someone who plays video games.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I must do it

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, the pressers for the hardware guys were really dull this year. I think Sony had the strongest showing simply because the emphasized the games more than anyone else. I wouldn't say anyone really ran away with it this year though. Hopefully the show floor makes up for all of that just a bit...but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm still looking forward to the Unreal Engine 4 demo.

Oh, and for those that missed it, here's Trey Parker on Smart Glass;

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 06-05-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I missed Nintendo's press conference, but judging by what I've read on the internet - it seems that they completely bombed it.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I missed Nintendo's press conference, but judging by what I've read on the internet - it seems that they completely bombed it.
For both sides, even. The people who wanted more Nintendo didn't get it; no Zelda, no Smash Bros, no Metroid, ect. For those who wanted something different, they didn't deliver on that front either. Zombie U actually ended up looking kind of cool(it has a bit of a Dark Souls type mechanic), but none of what made it cool was shown on stage(just a cinematic trailer). Wasn't really a whole ton to see, with a lot of emphasis being placed on titles you can get elsewhere/you have likely played already. That's fine...but it certainly doesn't look like it's going to be a true next-gen system. There's a supplementary presser on Sunday, but it's going to be 3DS focused. So yeah, it was a little bit rough for the Wii U at this point.

Good news coming out for Dead Space 3. The co-op is completely optional, to the point where there's no AI follower if you opt to play alone. That's a huge thing for me and really takes away a major concern for me. I feel pretty safe about getting excited about it again. They were on with Gamespot earlier talking about the combat opportunities with human beings entering the fray along with the Necromorphs. It sounded like interesting stuff. The gameplay looks to be coming along just fine as well...although action push might be a little heavy handed.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-05-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tell me, why does the Wii U not look like a next-gen system?

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Tell us why it does? I mean unless you consider playing games like Batman AC and Mass effect 3 with some gimmick tricks on an ipad to be next gen when weve been playing these games for a year now...... or if were calling next gen consoles next gen which have the same exact damn graphics that the previous console had...or the same games *cough mario wiiU is just mario bros for the wii.

Tell me which one of these is for the Wii and Wii U?

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 06-05-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Next-gen isn't defined by graphics. It's Nintendo's successor console, that is what makes it next-gen. PS4 and the next XBOX consoles won't be "next-gen in graphics", they will be catching up to PC. Knocking a console's graphics is just funny. If you want graphics you should be playing PC. I play and buy Nintendo products for their great gameplay.

It's not like the Wii U will only have games of last generation. Launch titles aren't known for being the best. If the re-releases of these games add some new innovative stuff with the new controller, I'd totally buy and play them again. I'm very curious to see what they do with ME3 and Batman.

A COD player complaining about Mario being the same, that's funny.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Next-gen isn't defined by graphics. It's Nintendo's successor console, that is what makes it next-gen. PS4 and the next XBOX consoles won't be "next-gen in graphics", they will be catching up to PC. Knocking a console's graphics is just funny. If you want graphics you should be playing PC. I play and buy Nintendo products for their great gameplay.

It's not like the Wii U will only have games of last generation. Launch titles aren't known for being the best. If the re-releases of these games add some new innovative stuff with the new controller, I'd totally buy and play them again. I'm very curious to see what they do with ME3 and Batman.

A COD player complaining about Mario being the same, that's funny.
First and foremost I am certainly not a cod fanboy, and have critiqued the series for its originality since I started playing but basing your argument off of that when the topic is the WiiU is a rather useless argument. And I don't think it is off base to expect a new system to have better graphics, if you expect me to pay for it itbetter have a lot better software then the previous system/systems did. Graphics arent the most important thing no, obviously its the games (to which what games are you going to point to that proves why this console is so unique and next gen? They are all rehashed previous gen games), but whats even more laughable is saying that they entirely dont matter. Well if youre going to make a better system after what six years, a pretty damn easy start is getting better graphics which Nintendo didnt do. It doesn't have to be the most gorgeous looking thing in the world, but it better be superior to the current gens systems graphics, which it isnt as of right now and is perfectly acceptable to criticize them for it. Next gen graphics are very much apart of what makes consoles next gen whether you like it or not.

I'm glad you are ok with playing rehashed previous gen games on a new console, that doesn't do it for me or alot of other serious gamers unfortunately. I have already played those games, paying them with a damn ipad isn't even close to anything next gen. But if you want to sit here and pretend it is, go right ahead. Not to mention where are they with online multiplayer, something Nintendo refuses to take seriously and is another knock on them not being up to the competition in terms of this generation or the next one.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-05-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh everyone hates on Nintendo but they are the best and Sony/Microsoft have to copy them to stay in the business

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Meh everyone hates on Nintendo but they are the best and Sony/Microsoft have to copy them to stay in the business
Care to make an argument? They copied them to further cater to the "casual" crowd but somehow I don't see either of them falling out of business without doing that. Kinect really isn't even that much like the Wii either, I'll give you that the Playstation Move is essentially the same thing.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

The playstation move is a pretty blatant rip off hands down. And its not like I am even against Nintendo or some Xbox/PS3 fanboy, I just can be objective and enjoy nintendos games while understanding that they havent been appealing to the hardcore gamer for some time.

Quote:
Quote: