Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-05-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Any info on Jamie Callahan? All I know is that he's 17 and throws 94. Actually, scratch that, this is what I know.

Sounds a little bit better than our previous few selections. Nice that we finally take an upside guy.

EDIT:

Jesus, Toronto is loading up. No way they sign all these guys.
That's pretty much what I know about Callahan. He could be a tough sign though, given his South Carolina commitment.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Twins loading up on pitching. Tyler Duffy might be better off as a starter if that changeup develops.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Mets took a guy in the 4th round who might be 5'5...
Old 06-05-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jays bombing picks so they can sign guys cheap to make room for Davis, Stroman, Smoral, and Alford. Even if they get 3 of the four that is an incredible draft but if they manage to sign all 4 that right there would be a studly draft.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
The Mets took a guy in the 4th round who might be 5'5...
But he is Hawaiian.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very happy with the Buttery pick. First real super aggressive move of the draft for us.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can anybody tell me how the Yankees are doing thus far? With the exception of the top couple of prospects and the guys from St. John's, I know nothing about the prospects.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Braves picked up my roommate in college from 2 years ago in the 9th round. I never thought he would get drafted, let alone in the 9th round.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
Braves picked up my roommate in college from 2 years ago in the 9th round. I never thought he would get drafted, let alone in the 9th round.
Happen to know anything about the SS we grabbed in the 2nd? Seems like he is a value guy so we could go Barrett in the 3rd

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Played against Dane Phillips (2nd round, Padres) Kris Hall (8th round, A's) and Jordan Leyland (9th round, Jays). Phillps was a stud, but Hall wasnt as good as advertised. Leyland could bang it a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't really like the Cards draft early on but taking chances on guys like Trey Williams and Carson Kelly were solid moves, hopefully we can get one of them to sign. And reading some of Kelly's tweets before he was drafted, I doubt it's him.

Piscotty was a good selection, my only thing with that pick is he reminds me to much of Zack Cox, which isn't really a bad thing I mean Cxz just turned 23 years old last month and is already in AAA after hitting .293 in AA Springfield. My only concern with both of them is the lack of power, Cox has 3 homeruns this year in 172 at bats, and 10 all of last year in 352 At bats.

I love the Michael Wacha pick, our pitching depth is pretty scary right now....

1. Shelby Miller
2. Carlos Martinez
3. Trevor Rosenthal
4. Tyrell Jenkins
5. Michael Wacha
6. John Gast
7. Joe Kelly
8. Jordan Swagerty
Old 06-06-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone give me some info on the guys the Indians drafted ? I know they should've went pitcher with their first pick so I'm not sure how to feel about Naquin at 15

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Billy Beane taking a high schooler in the first round? This does not compute.
Just to touch on the A's draft with the little knowledge I have of the MLB Draft, a buddy of mine was picked up in the 15th round by Oakland after being drafted in the 47th round last year by th Padres. He opted to go back to Penn and finish his degree. He'll be signing with Oakland this year with a UPenn degree to fall back on. Vince Voiro, 6'4 RHP who's only gotten better by year. He's 22 so I don't know where in the ystem he'll be but I'll be tracking his progress obviously.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the Cubs drafted my roommate of the last 2 years in the 31st.

and one of my best friends got drafted in the 26th by the angels.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
But he is Hawaiian.
Greatest post of all time.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Greatest post of all time.
I knew you would appreciate that.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Well the Cubs drafted my roommate of the last 2 years in the 31st.

and one of my best friends got drafted in the 26th by the angels.
Its awesome just knowing that kids you grew up with have a chance at the show. And how many girls hang around them now knowing he was drafted. I think Kanye made a song about them...

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Its awesome just knowing that kids you grew up with have a chance at the show. And how many girls hang around them now knowing he was drafted. I think Kanye made a song about them...
Yeah, I actually got a text message this morning about the possibility of getting a free agent deal within the next week or so and it was with the angels so I would get to play with my buddy.

They both actually have girlfriends who they have been dating for a while now, so not too many cleat chasers on em.

Quote:
Old 06-07-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I actually got a text message this morning about the possibility of getting a free agent deal within the next week or so and it was with the angels so I would get to play with my buddy.

They both actually have girlfriends who they have been dating for a while now, so not too many cleat chasers on em.
Watch yourself boy, complex level minors sucks the hard chode

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Watch yourself boy, complex level minors sucks the hard chode
Hey man, if I get the chance to play professional baseball I will jump at the opportunity and never think twice about.

Quote:
Old 06-08-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey man, if I get the chance to play professional baseball I will jump at the opportunity and never think twice about.
I'm not doubting your spirit or commitment to the game. I wouldn't blame you if you chose to sign a professional contract, that is the dream, and I can't argue with that. What I was trying to say was that I see this every year, and every year renders me cynical. A college senior coming out of a small program being signed for a minor league minimum only to exist as a filler for a single summer on a Rookie Ball team...it's a waste of potential and opportunity.

That said, I wish nothing but the best for you in this endeavor, keep me updated

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote