Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-06-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see Parise in Chicago omgz

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
FWIW:

Dennis Bernstein @DennisTFP
Pierre Maguire on WFAN - Pittsburgh Chicago Detroit most likely for Parise if leaves NJ. Would be shocked if Zach goes across Hudson to NYR

Please, please, please, please please.
That doesn't even make sense. Doesn't Pittsburgh barely even have enough cap space to re-sign Jordan Staal? How could they sign a more expensive Parise?
Old 06-06-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Wootster View Post
I would love to see Parise in Chicago omgz
I'd take it over Detroit, and there would be some beautiful hockey to watch, but I'm not so sure if I would want it to happen.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Parise can stop being an asshole and come home. YOU WOULD BE ROYALTY!!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Parise leaves the Devils I will go zombie on *************.

Who's ready for a historic comeback?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
If Parise leaves the Devils I will go zombie on *************.

Who's ready for a historic comeback?
Better be ready to go zombie... he gone, imo.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Better be ready to go zombie... he gone, imo.
Sadly, I know. Who's going to take that C patch?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems more likely to me Parise will leave because the Devils are going to lose. Also if Chicago gives him a 10+ year deal I'm going to stab someone.

Last edited by Scotty D : 06-06-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Maybe I'm wrong but it seems more likely to me Parise will leave because the Devils are going to lose. Also is Chicago gives him a 10+ year deal I'm going to stab someone.
What is wrong with ridiculous lifetime contracts with Hossa and Parise?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Parise is going to choose between the Wild/Rangers, if the Rangers choose not to trade for Rick Nash. Just a gut feeling. Wild will pay through the nose for Parise.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's going to the Flyers and you know it!

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
That doesn't even make sense. Doesn't Pittsburgh barely even have enough cap space to re-sign Jordan Staal? How could they sign a more expensive Parise?
If the cap is really over 70 million this year, that leaves Pittsburgh with 8 million. They are more than likely going to trade Paul Martin. That's over 12 million. I know Sid is going to want to get a new deal done before anything, so there's that chunk of 12 million gone. Also, I think Staal might get traded to free up more space.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If the cap is really over 70 million this year, that leaves Pittsburgh with 8 million. They are more than likely going to trade Paul Martin. That's over 12 million. I know Sid is going to want to get a new deal done before anything, so there's that chunk of 12 million gone. Also, I think Staal might get traded to free up more space.
Everyone knows it won't eventually be that high. No team is going to spend to 70 million because it's supposed to drop below or stay consistent with this year's 64ish million once the new CBA is signed.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
by trading jordan staal because he'll get paid wayyyyyy more than his value?
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Parise is from Minneapolis, and the Wild have tons of cap space and prospects on the rise. To me it makes sense. They can add Parise and another part and be set for the future. It's not like Parise is an old player with one or two years left, he can help build for the future in his hometown.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
by trading jordan staal because he'll get paid wayyyyyy more than his value?
With the cap the way it is, everyone gets paid way more than their value.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
Parise is from Minneapolis, and the Wild have tons of cap space and prospects on the rise. To me it makes sense. They can add Parise and another part and be set for the future. It's not like Parise is an old player with one or two years left, he can help build for the future in his hometown.
That's assuming playing in his hometown is particularly appealing to him. When he was growing up, the Wild weren't even a franchise.

Just sayin ... It's probably not as appealing as if he were a lifetime fan of an original six team or something.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Quote:
That's assuming playing in his hometown is particularly appealing to him. When he was growing up, the Wild weren't even a franchise.

Just sayin ... It's probably not as appealing as if he were a lifetime fan of an original six team or something.
The North Stars would have been around for a bit I suppose but that is entirely different.

At the end of the day, many players will go for the money. It's how it is in sports, its a business. The fact that he could be playing in his hometown is merely an incentive. Though you are right, we really don't know how much of a factor this is to him.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Parise is a good Minnesotan boy like he oughta be then coming home should be the easy decision. The money should be pretty damn similar across the board.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Parise apparently loves living in New Jersey (insert NJ joke here) so I wouldn't completely rule out him returning to the Devils. I don't think they're going to be able to pay him though. The Rangers sure aren't shy of paying guys so I think they would be the front runner with Detroit trailing them. Then you have NJ, Minnesota, and maybe a team like Boston.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you think Parise fits in Torts system, though?
Old 06-06-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Everyone knows it won't eventually be that high. No team is going to spend to 70 million because it's supposed to drop below or stay consistent with this year's 64ish million once the new CBA is signed.
I agree. I don't think Parise comes to Pittsburgh. It's a dream of mine, though. He and Crosby together would impregnate every single woman in Western Pennsylvania. Hell, I'd even offer to give them blowjobs every night.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you think Parise fits in Torts system, though?
I honestly have no idea. (I'm a Devils fan). A couple of local sports guys seem to think he's a perfect fit but I don't know.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I would love Parise and do want him, I don't get the other names being thrown around involving the Rangers. We don't need to go get Nash(who won't fit our system) or Semin if we can't get Parise. I certainly don't understand the people who think we need one of them because Gaborik got hurt. Gabby will be back and won't miss much. Besides, we need a goal scorer to pair with him, not to replace him.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LA Live is going off!

Kings 1 win away, SARF is somewhere watching i know, Quick the crab is a beast.

GO KINGS GO!

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote