Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-07-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plus NFL players are morons.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's all good. I actually would have preferred if the team wasn't getting so much love. We all know the Giants are at their best when they have a chip on their shoulder. We're not a great front running team, we play the underdog card very well.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's more on the defense than the offense though. It seems like the D reads their pub way more than O.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-07-2012, 08:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's bc of Eli. Eli is our leader, and he won't let the offense down no matter what. It's more difficult for a singular presence on defense to have that kind of impact on that unit bc there's no equivalent to qb on defense.

Maybe if we had a strong personality at MIKE, but it's still not the same.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Rolle and Tuck are the leaders of the D now. Rolle is a loud guy and Tuck isn't so it's the best of both worlds.

I'm still pumped the happy Osi will be with us this full year now also. It's going to be his Giant going away party all year.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 06-07-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah I'm happy as well. I kinda hoped it wouldve been an extension, but with so many guys coming off the books soon I understand why they cant re-sign him.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm going to miss him but at least it will end on a somewhat high note. We have way too many good players that we need to sign to extensions at this point.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-07-2012, 09:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I really want Kenny back. Hopefully we can re-sign him to a reasonable extension. I don't think people realize how good he is. Yes, he's not top 3 like we were hoping after that knee injury, but he's still arguably the 2nd best centerfielder in the league behind Earl Thomas. He lacks some in run support and he's good but not dominant in TE coverage, but as a centerfielder, the guy is lights out.

He single handedly takes away the deep ball when he's back there. That's so vital to any defense. When we throw Rolle in that same role (no pun) it's not even close to the same.

Gotta re-sign Kenny. His height/weight/speed combo coupled with his instincts are second to none.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I really want Kenny back. Hopefully we can re-sign him to a reasonable extension. I don't think people realize how good he is. Yes, he's not top 3 like we were hoping after that knee injury, but he's still arguably the 2nd best centerfielder in the league behind Earl Thomas. He lacks some in run support and he's good but not dominant in TE coverage, but as a centerfielder, the guy is lights out.

He single handedly takes away the deep ball when he's back there. That's so vital to any defense. When we throw Rolle in that same role (no pun) it's not even close to the same.

Gotta re-sign Kenny. His height/weight/speed combo coupled with his instincts are second to none.
Did you see the quote I posted about Phillips about a week ago?

We need him, Cruz, Nicks, JPP, and Linval all signed to extensions relatively soon. I don't know how we're going to keep them all.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-07-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say JPP is the most important obviously and will command the most money. In terms of importance, i'd say it then goes Nicks, Kenny, cruz, linval. And I was close to putting Kenny ahead of Nicks
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Did you see the quote I posted about Phillips about a week ago?

We need him, Cruz, Nicks, JPP, and Linval all signed to extensions relatively soon. I don't know how we're going to keep them all.
No I didn't, what did it say?

I would hold off on including Joseph on that list just yet. I love Linval, and I think he can become a beast in time, but I want to see him progress before I include him in that territory of guys that we must re-sign. As of right now, he's replacable, he's not a guy that we have to re-sign, but if he can take the next step, then maybe we should start thinking about it.

We have to save money somewhere. We might not even be able to afford re-signing all our DBs and lock up our DEs and DTs long term as well. We probably have to save some money at DT.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I'd say JPP is the most important obviously and will command the most money. In terms of importance, i'd say it then goes Nicks, Kenny, cruz, linval. And I was close to putting Kenny ahead of Nicks
Excluding JPP, my list is:

1. Nicks
2. Cruz
3. Kenny
4. Jacquan
5. Boley
6. Linval

Again, Linval can jump up a bunch of spots on this list once he shows me he's more than just a 2 gap run stuffer. I think he can elevate his game, I just want to see it first.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we wont need Williams because we're drafting Khaseem Greene in the 3rd this round to replace us and be the best giant ever.

And i love cruz, but I'd put kenny over him. especially if randle pans out
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I actually think it's easier to replace an outside WR in our system than the inside guy. The slot WR is the most important skill position player in the run n shoot. We lucked into Cruz, he's not going to be easy to replace.

Especially since he's the perfect slot WR. He's small, shifty, and strong and can stretch the field. He's like Steve Smith (Carolina). He's arguably more important than Nicks.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Here you go BBD:

Great quote about Kenny P. This is from S coach D. Merritt:

Quote:
Safety coach Dave Merritt thinks of Kenny Phillips as ideal player for a three-safety set. Then told me a story: "(Jason) Witten told me when I went to the Pro Bowl two years ago when Antrel invited me, Witten said, when 21's in the post, we don't ever try to throw anything deep because we know he can go and get it. He said but if I see anybody else back there, Romo knows, we're going deep. That was comforting for me to hear."

Also I think Nicks is more important than Cruz but it's really splitting hairs. Linval was a monster in the playoffs and played a huge role in helping the defense look as good as it did. I'm confident in saying he's going to be a major player for us this year. I wouldn't put Williams on the list just yet even though I feel he's really going to develop as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-07-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to keep Kenny. If he never got hurt he would be a top 5 S in the league, instead he just flies under the radar.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Here you go BBD:

Great quote about Kenny P. This is from S coach D. Merritt:

Quote:
Safety coach Dave Merritt thinks of Kenny Phillips as ideal player for a three-safety set. Then told me a story: "(Jason) Witten told me when I went to the Pro Bowl two years ago when Antrel invited me, Witten said, when 21's in the post, we don't ever try to throw anything deep because we know he can go and get it. He said but if I see anybody else back there, Romo knows, we're going deep. That was comforting for me to hear."

Also I think Nicks is more important than Cruz but it's really splitting hairs. Linval was a monster in the playoffs and played a huge role in helping the defense look as good as it did. I'm confident in saying he's going to be a major player for us this year. I wouldn't put Williams on the list just yet even though I feel he's really going to develop as well.

Awesome. Good to know other teams see Kenny for what he is.

Honestly, Nicks and Cruz are both must re-signs. We need to keep both of them as long as possible.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm going to miss him but at least it will end on a somewhat high note. We have way too many good players that we need to sign to extensions at this point.
I will miss him but honestly the timing is probably for the best. Osi is still a good/great player but I feel it's only a matter of time before he breaks down with his knees.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I will miss him but honestly the timing is probably for the best. Osi is still a good/great player but I feel it's only a matter of time before he breaks down with his knees.
And Osi admitted as much to the public. It is the right time but I love Osi and he is and always will be a great Giant.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-08-2012, 08:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

You know what's weird? Typically, your 1st round pick generates the most buzz around this time of year.

But for us, Rueben Randle has generated a lot more buzz. I wonder if that's a bc Randle is that good, or if Wilson is underwhelming? Or is it a mix of both?

Or am I just reading into this too much bc it's a boring offseason?
Old 06-08-2012, 08:33 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Reading to much in to it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-08-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You know what's weird? Typically, your 1st round pick generates the most buzz around this time of year.

But for us, Rueben Randle has generated a lot more buzz. I wonder if that's a bc Randle is that good, or if Wilson is underwhelming? Or is it a mix of both?

Or am I just reading into this too much bc it's a boring offseason?
I think you are reading too much into it, but at the same time it is very positive to hear about the good reports on Randle.

And isn't it kinda hard to tell from non-contact training sessions if a RB is going to succeed or not? I'm asking because the Giants have never had an early-round RB in camp for as long as I've been a fan :)

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're reading too much into it. I've heard good things about both of them and Robinson. They always focus on one guy and a WR from the #2 team in the country who played in the National Championship is going to be much more popular than Wilson, especially since he is considered one of the biggest steals. Not to take anything away from either of them, I'm just saying is all.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:50 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--gi...NQ5gGht8dDubYF

Great story on JPP!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
I am so excited for this kid, I think he can break Strahan's record before he retires. Dude has a hell of a motor and loves to learn. Dude's the man