Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-10-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a joke right, I just heard what happened. How did the crowd/Pacman react when it was announced?! This is beyond ****** up, especially after seeing the punch stat

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
This is a joke right, I just heard what happened. How did the crowd/Pacman react when it was announced?! This is beyond ****** up, especially after seeing the punch stat
Manny accepted it, crowd booed the **** out of it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know it's atrocious when all boxing analyst only defense for Bradley was that he kept trying and never quit.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
Boxing is fixed. There is your explanation.
It wasn't fixed and boxing isn't fixed. It was just a ****** decision. Stop talking out of your ass.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
It wasn't fixed and boxing isn't fixed. It was just a ****** decision. Stop talking out of your ass.
Manny said he won't re-sign with Top Rank, Arum says he won't rule out an upset knowing that his prized fighter is leaving Top Rank, then Bradley pulls this out, leaving Bradley as the new prize guy for Top Rank? Pretty damn coincidental.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
You know it's atrocious when all boxing analyst only defense for Bradley was that he kept trying and never quit.
Exactly. Congratulations on displaying a lot of heart out there!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haralabos Voulgaris ‏@haralabob

Late money on this boxing match, Pac was -432 at 2pm it closed -397 at pinny. Lots of late money on Bradley. Take that fwiw.
Our new conspiracy theory of the day. Brody's is also valid. It's easier to market a guy when you can call him champion.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Manny said he won't re-sign with Top Rank, Arum says he won't rule out an upset knowing that his prized fighter is leaving Top Rank, then Bradley pulls this out, leaving Bradley as the new prize guy for Top Rank? Pretty damn coincidental.
I'm damn near 100% sure that neither Top Rank or Golden Boy would ever fix fights. It would be ridiculously stupid. Now, are judges influenced by outside circumstances (ie: Pac just won a controversial decision in Vegas, the crowd, the side of the ring they are viewing the fight from, personal style biases and preferences, etc) absolutely, but that doesn't constitute something being fixed. There is a massive difference. When you say fixed it means that the outcome was pre determined and was agreed upon. I think you're really, really dumb if you believe that to be the case. Plus, none of you probably even watch much live boxing at all and realize how screwy cards can get and how different the fight can appear live and from different angles. I'm not defending the cards, but I am saying that it wasn't a total fix and I'm saying that you would have had it a lot closer if you were sitting where the judges were.

Last edited by Rob S : 06-10-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:38 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Our new conspiracy theory of the day. Brody's is also valid. It's easier to market a guy when you can call him champion.
Tim Bradley was already a unified champion.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well now Bradley has something in common with Casey Anthony and OJ Simpson

Old 06-10-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
This is the view from the scorer's table. I don't see whats there to be confused about.

/ranting

Old 06-10-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

''Can you believe that? Unbelievable,'' promoter Bob Arum said. ''I went over to Bradley before the decision and he said, 'I tried hard but I couldn't beat the guy.''
Old 06-10-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aside from being a robbery the repercussions of this decisions are a massive hit against boxing. Manny might even hang up the gloves at this point and Bradley simply isn't that marketable. He's a pitbull but he's actually been less skilled that more than a few fighters he's faced.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:46 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
''Can you believe that? Unbelievable,'' promoter Bob Arum said. ''I went over to Bradley before the decision and he said, 'I tried hard but I couldn't beat the guy.''
Bradley was very classy but the truth is even he knew he was outclassed and outworked. I guess his prize for surviving 12 rounds was getting the win lmao.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:48 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Aside from being a robbery the repercussions of this decisions are a massive hit against boxing. Manny might even hang up the gloves at this point and Bradley simply isn't that marketable. He's a pitbull but he's actually been less skilled that more than a few fighters he's faced.
This alone makes me think it wasn't fixed. Nothing positive comes from this. I'm still in shock right now.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Soo...Pac's mom just fainted after hearing he lost. Nice job judges, you may have just killed an elderly woman

Old 06-10-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I want them all arrested and thrown in jail immediately. The cells next to Mayweather.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Mannix on why Bradley won:
Quote:
We are in Nevada, and in Nevada the judges have, historically, favored the aggressor. And while Pacquiao was landing the cleaner, heavier shots, Bradley was more active, outpunching Pacquiao (839-751). Every round, every single bleeping round, Pacquiao appeared to give the first minute away. You can’t do that in Nevada. I’m not saying it’s right, but it’s the way the judges in this state score a fight.
And there's no way Manny's going to quit. Maybe if he loses the rematch, but not now. He did look like he's aging as a fighter, or maybe it's just because he was rushed before the fight.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:39 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Chris Mannix on why Bradley won:

And there's no way Manny's going to quit. Maybe if he loses the rematch, but not now. He did look like he's aging as a fighter, or maybe it's just because he was rushed before the fight.
So you win fights for throwing more punches? How about your opponent throws less and lands more. Also Manny was the aggressor for much of the fight while it was Bradley backpedalling and running away at times. Also maybe Manny took off the first minute of rounds but Bradley did nothing, the only thing Bradley was more aggressive in was clinching. That's a bs excuse.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:47 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whaaaaaaaaat?

I was just watching on a stream and closed it after the final bell because I just assumed Pac won decisively...
Old 06-10-2012, 01:48 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Whaaaaaaaaat?

I was just watching on a stream and closed it after the final bell because I just assumed Pac won decisively...
Yeah, the announcer dudes had it 90-81 Pacman going into the 10th... No one was in disagreement on any of the rounds... Pac won all of them.

LOL @ people who deny that boxing is fixed.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:54 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Whaaaaaaaaat?

Yeah, same here. I only saw Rounds 8-12 but from what everyone was saying, Pacquiao was in control the whole time and it wasn't very close. The last two rounds were more in Bradley's favor but that's all I got from it. Anyways, after the bell rung I exited the stream.. a couple minutes later the ESPNews ticker thing said Bradley beat Pacquiao
Old 06-10-2012, 02:00 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have to admit though it was pretty good strategy, he got punched, and then got punched a lot more, and then won it.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:08 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boxing just died a little bit. But hey at least Floyd has another excuse not to fight Pac man now.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote