Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-09-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

to anyone who can assist:

I don't have FoxSports Southwest (because I only have local channels) and the Rangers/Giants game is blacking out MLB.tv (to which I subscribe) because it's the Rangers. Other than telling the MLB to eat a dick via twitter, any suggestions? I'm listening to the radio broadcast, but all I can find for video is that StreamTorrent crap on FirstRowSports.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
He's been an very different hitter this year then he was last year in Boston. Last year he struggled against right-handed pitching, only hit .210. But he killed it against left-handed pitching with the Red Sox, he hit .338 in 2010 (in limited AB's) and .330 in 2011 against left handed pitching. This year he's flipped it around, he's hitting .317 against righty's and .217 against lefty's. If he can start hitting better from the right side again he has perennial all-star potential. Especially since he has power from both sides.

Seeing as Melancon is still stuck in AAA, definately a steal for the Astros.
He was at about .280 on both sides of the plate for a while. Then had a few 0-fors in a row against lefties and it dipped dramatically. I imagine it'll middle out as we go along.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
to anyone who can assist:

I don't have FoxSports Southwest (because I only have local channels) and the Rangers/Giants game is blacking out MLB.tv (to which I subscribe) because it's the Rangers. Other than telling the MLB to eat a dick via twitter, any suggestions? I'm listening to the radio broadcast, but all I can find for video is that StreamTorrent crap on FirstRowSports.
Well, there's this crappy feed: http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/55569/1/s...am-online.html

I ******* hate Delmon Young by the way.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I really, really like him so far. Always gives a good AB, is a switch hitter that has been equally good on both sides of the plate so far, and has been a good defender.

Here's hoping his history of injuries doesnt catch up with him.
Always produced when healthy but that's the thing.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Always produced when healthy but that's the thing.
Eh, they traded a 27 year old reliever who got assraped already this year in Boston, so it's not a big loss.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
He was at about .280 on both sides of the plate for a while. Then had a few 0-fors in a row against lefties and it dipped dramatically. I imagine it'll middle out as we go along.
The key for him is to keep hitting well from the left side of the plate, unlike what he could do in Boston. You obviously can't be a successful hitter with an inablility to hit right handed pitching. I think he'll turn out to be a very solid player if he can stay healthy, that is a big if however.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Eh, they traded a 27 year old reliever who got assraped already this year in Boston, so it's not a big loss.
Seeing as Lowrie has put up all star numbers I'd say it's a steal.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Kevin Millwood now has 2 career no-hitters. For reals.
I was there for the one vs, the Giants at the Vet.

Also, Mike Trout.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to feel sorry for the Royals tonight after JMac owns them.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what is more impressive, a six pitcher no hitter or a no hitter thrown by one pitcher?
Old 06-09-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
So what is more impressive, a six pitcher no hitter or a no hitter thrown by one pitcher?
that no-hitter the Astros threw in '03 was awesome.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
that no-hitter the Astros threw in '03 was awesome.
That was so cool. And the fact that it was against the Yankees made it 100x better.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
One pitcher is much more impressive. But the M's got a no hitter from a spring training invitee(Milwood) starting and former prospect turned bartender(Wilhemsen) finishing. Nice story in a pretty much a wasted rebuilding season.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Another Jed Lowrie HR.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I heard Dee Gordon might appeal the no hitter because of this:
http://mlb.sbnation.com/2012/6/9/307...ners-no-hitter

Is that even allowed? I mean can he actually appeal it? It won't change anything, just take the M's out of the history books, but he still lost the game.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wasn't saying it was. I love Lowrie. Wish we could have kept him but I see why we went out and traded for bullpen arms.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
So I heard Dee Gordon might appeal the no hitter because of this:
http://mlb.sbnation.com/2012/6/9/307...ners-no-hitter

Is that even allowed? I mean can he actually appeal it? It won't change anything, just take the M's out of the history books, but he still lost the game.
Why didn't Galarraga appeal the perfect game then? I doubt they'll allow Gordon to do it, no matter how much he wants it.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Mike Trout makes the all-star team. Dude is 2nd in the AL in BA. 5 HR, 13 SB

Beast
Old 06-09-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I'm going to feel sorry for the Royals tonight after JMac owns them.
Orrrrr not.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

1 game back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2012, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Trout is The Truth.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Orrrrr not.
Couldn't believe both pitchers were out in the 4th. I'll take the buccos bullpen to carry a game like that any day.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

.5 back!!!!!!!!!!! Let's go Tigers!!
Old 06-10-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember the Phillies.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote