Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-10-2012, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2 Auburn players dead and one in the hospital

Quote:
From what I’m reading, Ed Christian, Eric Mack, and Ladarius Phillips were allegedly shot tonight. Keep them in your prayers.
Quote:
"@sportzblitz: Former auburn fullback Ladarius Phillips has died in ER according to relative."

Quote:
TheAuburnPlainsman ‏@TheAUPlainsman
Police just arrested man walking down the road outside crime scene. Possible suspect? #AUshooting
Quote:
AUBURN, Alabama -- There has been a shooting at an apartment complex in Auburn, which houses a lot of college students.
The shooting occurred at University Heights apartment complex on Longleaf Drive late Saturday evening.
Evan Woodberry of the Auburn Bureau is at the scene and says via Twitter:
> Police shielding the crime scene with tent. Evidence markers all around. Scene is directly in front of apartment clubhouse/main office.
> Police bringing large set of exterior lights to illuminate crime scene. Residents not being allowed into complex, watching from outside gate.
> There are perhaps a dozen police cars, fire and ambulance have left. Entrance to apartment blocked off.
Police have given no details on the nature of the incident, the number of victims, or the kinds of injuries that earlier prompted ambulances to be on the scene.
Only residents of the complex are being allowed to enter after showing police identification.

Update:
Quote:
"@myfoxal: Confirmed: 3 people are dead at Auburn apartment complex."

Quote:
“@BFeldmanCBS: Last night's Auburn tragedy RT @HABOTN Witness says gunman blocked the exit door and was firing into the clubhouse crowd.”
This was all over a girl, smh.

Last edited by Complex : 06-10-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:20 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's late and this got to me a bit so…

This is a horrible, horrible tragedy. Ed Christian was 20. Ladarious Phillips was 20. Eric Mack was 20. Twenty.

I don't even care that these guys were football players, heck, it probably makes me look bad because it took football players dying for me to notice but hell… They were kids. They were only one year older than me.

I don't know these guys or have any connection to them at all. Although I'm sure they were upstanding citizens, for all I know they could've been big, football player douche bags who burn out after their football careers end. Hell, they're all pretty big dudes and supposedly this all stemmed from a fight so maybe they had a hand in this as well because they scared some thug with a gun.

But they were twenty. In college. Who knows what they could've went on to do, nobody will ever know. They're just… gone. Their lives could've went in any number of directions but now nobody will ever know. They can't shape their own lives anymore, now their lives are going to be shaped and crafted by people's memories and impressions of them. Think of all the things they never got to do or experience. Just imagine the pain their families feel. They put in years of work, hard-ass work, into shaping their kids as human beings, into preparing them for the world and loving them and it was all for not because now they're just gone. Now those families never get to see their kids fully grow up and in time they'll forget what they looked like, sounded like and acted like save for some pictures, recordings etc.

And that's the worst part to me, you'll never get to hear their voices again. One minute they're a living, breathing, conscious being who is living and potentially on their way to better things and now they'll never speak another word. Would they have ever said anything of value? Who knows but now they'll never get the chance. And could you imagine dying today and never being able to say another word? Just pause for a second and think of the things you never said, the things you never did, the things you're on your way to doing, the things you haven't had the chance to do yet and the things you need to do. All of it, lost for all of eternity because someone decided to pop off their gun. You'll never hear their voice again. I never thought about it before but it wrenched my heart when I did, what if I never heard my Mom's voice again? What if I never heard my sisters' voices again?

It just blows my mind that one moment they're alive, capable of doing just about whatever they please and then in an instant, they're gone. And unfortunately, the best way I can describe it is with a sports connection. I remember an ESPN piece a few years back and it was all about the appeal of watching something live. And I think we all agree that watching a sports game or watching something happen live is much more preferable than watching something that is already pre-determined or recorded. And the reason was that the beauty in watching something live, as it was happening, was that you never knew what was going to happen next, it could go in any direction. And that's the thing I keep connecting this story with, that in one instant they're "live", capable of going in any direction, nobody knows which, and then suddenly they're not and their lives are over, no more decisions, experiences, emotions or sights. No more anything, they're just gone, never to be seen or heard from again. Tragic.

Kids, on the upswing, full of potential, with their whole lives ahead of them and they could've gone in any direction but now they can't, it's just over.

Last edited by Bixby (Thumper) : 06-10-2012 at 06:24 AM.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:05 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a tragedy. Feel so bad for the families of these kids.

Let's not ruin this thread with naive political debate. Thanks.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a terrible tragedy. I'll never understand why people do this.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
*Recruiting note on QB Jason Smith... Reply

McGill-Toolen (Ala.) QB Jason Smith is here camping. I just spoke to him briefly prior to camp and don't be surprised if he pulls the trigger and commits to Auburn later today.

We'll have updates on all visitors later today and I'll post some updates on the board as they come.
- Justin Hokanson auburn recruiting analysis

Quote:
“@BFeldmanCBS: Last night's Auburn tragedy RT @HABOTN Witness says gunman blocked the exit door and was firing into the clubhouse crowd.”
Do they have the death penalty in Bama?

Last edited by Complex : 06-10-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Do they have the death penalty in Bama?
Yes. And as recently as 2002, they still used the electric chair as their only execution method.

Last edited by WCH : 06-10-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh my Swanson you're back! And in more ways than one, apparently.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
jesus ******* christ. what the **** part of

"10. Lastly, this is a football board. We don't do politics/religion and we never will. There are millions of boards out there for people who want to discuss those things. Find one."

do you people think is unclear? are you all illiterate? were the words i used too big?
My bad. Good to see you, though. I was wondering where you were.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
jesus ******* christ. what the **** part of

"10. Lastly, this is a football board. We don't do politics/religion and we never will. There are millions of boards out there for people who want to discuss those things. Find one."

do you people think is unclear? are you all illiterate? were the words i used too big?
I was trying to be more polite than that to get the idea across. I think your way works better :)
Old 06-10-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
were the words i used too big?
This has to be a trick question, cause at most, your words are only a couple centimeters long.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:55 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
This has to be a trick question, cause at most, your words are only a couple centimeters long.
That's what she said.