Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 06-11-2012, 05:40 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon61 View Post
I watched the Tannehill vs LSU highlight and I think you are right about everything you said. He nails the outs and comeback routes. The only thing I didn't see was that he not only doesn't come away from his primary target but also doesn't seem to have much patience in the pocket to let a play develop. I don't think I saw him once wait an extra split second to see if a receiver could break free down field.

Granted they were blitzing him a lot and there were times he didn't have time to throw so all of the shorter passing plays made sense. However, there were times they managed to pick up the blitz and if he would have examined the field he may have been able to spot a blown assignment or an open receiver. Although, I could be wrong and they were all covered but it didn't look like he even gave it a chance. Still though in the 3rd or 4th quarter when you are losing by that much you got to take a shot deep even if your receiver isn't wide open.

I just think patience in the pocket, as well as the ability to examine the field is something you can't teach and I didn't see it in that highlight. Therefore I see Tannehill as a serviceable backup maybe a starter just not a future star.
I know this was an old comment, but thought it was kind of interesting - how often do you see a prospect who you don't think holds onto the ball long enough in the pocket? Who gets rid of it "too quickly," as it were?
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, this particular spambot is starting to piss me off.

Last edited by WCH : 06-18-2012 at 10:02 PM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Touché, spambot. Touché.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He told you, didn't he.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

He sure did. I wish the posts were still there, just for posterity.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post

I truly don't understand why some people don't buy into Foles, is the long hair too similar to that guy in Mizzou who couldn't even complete 60% of his passes in college? (yes, Gabbert)
Please go back to school and learn some math.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
I think he gets a bad wrap with a lot of people because they see "SR" next to his name on TV and really evaluate him as a senior quarterback.

He's played the position in college for a year and a half. If Blaine ******* Gabbert can be talked about as potentially the first pick in the draft (and end up going in the top 10), there's no reason Tannehill can't be a first rounder.

He's got everything you can't teach, and is further along in his QB development than most would assume for a guy who's been playing the position for a year and a half.
How rude of them.

I didn't mind Tannehill because I knew the Jets wouldn't touch him, but man do I look forward to him busting.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about this (probably off-beat) player comparison?

Darrius Heyward-Bey. We're so conditioned to expect players to be good immediately that we sometimes forget that very talented players sometimes take a few years to establish themselves. Like Heyward-Bey, Tannehill's got some special qualities that you can't coach, and his weaknesses are precisely the ones that coaches target; DHB was crazy fast, big, and played physical. But he was inconsistent, often getting by on athleticism rather than polish. Similarly, Tannehill has prototypical size, arm strength, and stands really tough in the pocket. But he's not very experienced, he's not the greatest at reading defenses and sometimes makes questionable decisions with the ball.

But the Gabbert comparisons are just stupid. Tannehill is pretty much the opposite - you're talking about two players with prototypical physical attributes, but here's the difference: Gabbert has always been the main guy, he's got great mechanics in drills and whatnot, you get him in the film room and he says everything he's supposed to, but you get a good pass rush on him and he starts...

...running away from it.

Tannehill's got a lot of work to do, certainly, but when you watch him on film he at least looks like he enjoys playing football.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

I'd just like to point out that I was high on Russell Wilson before it was cool.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, this list looks even better today than it did at the time. Props.