Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-11-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Just remember last year, when the Pirates imploded in spectacular fashion.
Yeah that was last year...In one year u can go from World Series Champions to Kyle Lohse being ur ace.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just remember last year, when the Pirates imploded in spectacular fashion.
I root for the Tigers and you say this. **** you!!

This is a different team.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I root for the Tigers and you say this. **** you!!

This is a different team.
I'm messing with you......mostly. Pirates are insanely ******* stupid with their prospects though, it doesn't hurt to push them a tiny bit. The handling of Jameson last year was beyond ********, and Cole doesn't need to be pushed this slowly either.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm messing with you......mostly. Pirates are insanely ******* stupid with their prospects though, it doesn't hurt to push them a tiny bit. The handling of Jameson last year was beyond ********, and Cole doesn't need to be pushed this slowly either.
I agree. I think Cole should be in AA right now. Taillon has been struggling as of late, so I can see why he's still in Bradenton.

The Pirates semi rushed Alvarez and he has not panned out that well.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not that it really matters but Valverde "cheated".

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chalk that one up to who gives a ****.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-11-2012, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Chalk that one up to who gives a ****.
You ok honey? You have been VERY testy lately.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:10 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Just exhaustion and stress. Although I have never, nor will I ever, care about stuff like that in baseball.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-11-2012, 07:15 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you were starting a baseball team and you had to pick between Bryce Harper and Mike Trout, who would you take?

Bryce Harper (37 games): .282/.364/.521, 6 HR, 17 RBI, 26 runs and 3 SBs
Mike Trout (78 games): .291/.350/.476, 10 HR, 40 RBI, 51 runs and 17 SBs

Extrapolated over a 162 game season:
Harper (19 years old): .282/.364/.521, 26 HR, 74 RBIs, 114 runs and 13 SBs
Trout (20 years old): .291/.350/.476, 21 HR, 83 RBIs, 106 runs and 35 SBs
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:38 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take Trout... but I like a great fielder with Speed and some homerun pop over a slugging RF but that is just me.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:45 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I would take Trout... but I like a great fielder with Speed and some homerun pop over a slugging RF but that is just me.
I would say both those guys are about equal. Harper is probably just as fast and can play all three outfield positions. He has a good arm and is a pretty good defensive player. He hustles and plays hard - he is like Pete Rose with a better physical skill set.

Trout is amazing as well. Both of these guys will probably become the new faces of the sport in the next few years. It is hard to believe that they are 19 and 20 respectively.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I would say both those guys are about equal. Harper is probably just as fast and can play all three outfield positions. He has a good arm and is a pretty good defensive player. He hustles and plays hard - he is like Pete Rose with a better physical skill set.

Trout is amazing as well. Both of these guys will probably become the new faces of the sport in the next few years. It is hard to believe that they are 19 and 20 respectively.
Yeah, I don't see the comparison at all.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-11-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harper is nowhere near "just as fast" as Trout, and so far in the early going the advanced defensive metrics don't favor his D too much, whereas Trout's D has graded out very highly. I think Harper is the prototypical RFer moving forward and should be good defensively there, since he does have some quicks and he has that cannon arm. Trout can play gold glove CF, which will always make him a more valuable defender going forward

As for who I'd take, in fantasy, I'd say Harper will be the superior player, but in real life, I think Trout will be the more valuable one. Trout can beat you in more ways than Harper can, and he'll always be a superior defender in the OF compared to Harper(though Harper's arm obviously blows Trout's out of the water)

Power: Harper
Speed: Trout
Hit tool: Trout
Patience: Push/too early to tell. Both have excellent eyes at the plate
Arm: Harper
Defense: Trout

that's how I'd grade things out currently.

I want both in the all-star game to

Last edited by BloodBrother : 06-11-2012 at 08:51 AM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok Pirates. You're 5 games above .500 and tied for first place.

Please find a bat. Please stop talking about how expensive it is to get a bat in June. Please don't wait and see if this patchwork offense can make it to the deadline without collapsing. Get an impact bat at a corner infield spot, sooner the better.

And Derrick Lee, **** you. I would love you to admit that you refused to sign with the Pirates because you thought they would suck. And while the offense does suck, we both know how much better it would look with you batting cleanup all season. I completely believe if Derrick Lee was on this team they would have a ridiculous record as they dominate teams when they score a measly two runs. And as bitter as I am, please come walking through those doors any day and well forget all about it.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post

Please find a bat. Please stop talking about how expensive it is to get a bat in June. Please don't wait and see if this patchwork offense can make it to the deadline without collapsing. Get an impact bat at a corner infield spot, sooner the better.

And Derrick Lee, **** you. I would love you to admit that you refused to sign with the Pirates because you thought they would suck. And while the offense does suck, we both know how much better it would look with you batting cleanup all season. I completely believe if Derrick Lee was on this team they would have a ridiculous record as they dominate teams when they score a measly two runs. And as bitter as I am, please come walking through those doors any day and well forget all about it.
You can have Alfonso Soriano, Soto, or Brian LaHair for some prospects.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CY for Taillon

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post

Denard Span for a starting pitcher prospect.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
You can have Alfonso Soriano, Soto, or Brian LaHair for some prospects.
I have read that the Pirates are looking at LaHair. No no no no no no no no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I'll be VERY upset if the Pirates land him and give up someone of significance for him. I'd take Soriano if he wasn't getting paid a billion dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
CY for Taillon

How about Upton? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Denard Span for a starting pitcher prospect.
How about Willingham? :)

In all seriousness, I just hope the Pirates get Youk. I think he'll do a whole lot better in the National League than he is doing right now barely playing in Boston. It won't take much to get him and he could be a nice insurance for Pedro and even play 1B. I also want Chase Headley, Quentin, or Willingham.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I have read that the Pirates are looking at LaHair. No no no no no no no no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I'll be VERY upset if the Pirates land him and give up someone of significance for him. I'd take Soriano if he wasn't getting paid a billion dollars.
I've read from a few places that the Cubs might be willing to pay a ton of his salary. If they paid 80%, you'd still have to pay him $3.6 million but it's a hell a lot less than what we've been paying him.

And I understand your reluctance to take on LaHair. It's probably the same reason why I don't care if the Cubs trade him. Anybody who trades for him will have to give up quite a bit to get him and will be buying high. You can already see him coming back to earth. I want to get rid of him as quickly as possible before he returns to his previous level of play.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why won't anyone trade for Saunders :(

I want some Bauer

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id vomit seein Youk in Pittsburgh...

And no one should be compared to Pete Rose.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 06-11-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
I've read from a few places that the Cubs might be willing to pay a ton of his salary. If they paid 80%, you'd still have to pay him $3.6 million but it's a hell a lot less than what we've been paying him.

And I understand your reluctance to take on LaHair. It's probably the same reason why I don't care if the Cubs trade him. Anybody who trades for him will have to give up quite a bit to get him and will be buying high. You can already see him coming back to earth. I want to get rid of him as quickly as possible before he returns to his previous level of play.
Does LaHair hit righty or lefty

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 06-11-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love me some Trout even though he's from South Jersey. It's tough to compare the two but Harper will probably end up slightly better just because of the power. Trout reminds me of Rickey Henderson.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:

Yeah I've read that rumor on Soriano as well. If the Cubs paid most of his salary for the next two years, I'd take him. He's always hit well at PNC and is on a tear. His skills are diminishing, though.

I wouldn't want LaHair because I just don't think he's any good. He's Garret Jones part 2 and would only hit against right handed hitters. I want Youk or Headley pretty bad. Headley will cost more but probably give us the better product. I still think Youk can get it done with a change of scenery, playing time, and playing in the NL.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Does LaHair hit righty or lefty
Lefty.

So is DeJesus, Ian Stewart, and Clevenger if you are in need of one.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote