Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-08-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
So, a little backstory...I'm getting married in a few weeks and one of the groomsmen is my future brother-in-law. He just graduated from high school and is in that phase where he gets kind of embarrassed by his family and therefore doesn't have a great time at weddings. Because of this, we were pretty pumped that he started dating this girl a few months back because then he would have somebody to bring to the wedding and hopefully have a good time with. Well, she just broke up with him. Bitches.

Is there anything that can be done? His dad talked to me about a month back to make sure I watch out for him (drinking wise) at the bachelor party and reception since he's still pretty young, so I can't just get him trashed. I'm hoping we can maybe hook him up with someone at the wedding, but any other ideas?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to think that this theory that I discussed with my friends is beginning to work:

It's easier to get a girl when she's dating someone, than when she isn't. The reasoning is because it's 1v1 is easier than 1vWorld. When ti's 1v1, all you have to do is convince her that she wants to be with you more than she wants to be with the guy she is currently with. When she's single (1vWorld) you have to convince her that you're better than every single guy that she can possibly imagine is out there
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
I'm starting to think that this theory that I discussed with my friends is beginning to work:

It's easier to get a girl when she's dating someone, than when she isn't. The reasoning is because it's 1v1 is easier than 1vWorld. When ti's 1v1, all you have to do is convince her that she wants to be with you more than she wants to be with the guy she is currently with. When she's single (1vWorld) you have to convince her that you're better than every single guy that she can possibly imagine is out there
I'd never be able to do that. It just seems too douchey to me.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 06-11-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perception is everything.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I perceive, that you are, as Broth so eloquently put it, 'douchey'.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If a woman is willing to leave a man for you, she is willing to leave you for another man.

Bitches be triflin all the time dood. Those kind aren't worth it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
If a woman is willing to leave a man for you, she is willing to leave you for another man.

Bitches be triflin all the time dood. Dem bitches ain't een werf it.
The contrasting dialects were just bothering me.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This strategy has been discussed here on multiple occasions. Just cause there's a goalie, doesn't mean you can't score.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ease isn't the issue. This is an issue of moral hazard and trying to steal another guy's chick is incredibly douchey. It may be easier, but it's wrong.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
The contrasting dialects were just bothering me.
I slip in and out of it at times, my bizad ya diiiig?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say if the guy is an asshole, it's fair game.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

women aren't possessions. its up to each guy to work at being the best for his girl. if he can't do it, then why should she stay with somebody who is shittier than the new guy? its all fair.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
women aren't possessions. its up to each guy to work at being the best for his girl. if he can't do it, then why should she stay with somebody who is shittier than the new guy? its all fair.
If he's "not good enough" for her then why exactly is she with him in the first place? Sticking around until "someone better" comes along is dishonest. If your boyfriend is a douche leave him. Don't string him along. Also going out with the intent of looking for women with ****** boyfriends with the expressed purpose in helping them cheat is similar to bountygate.

If you hit on a chick and she happens to be taken hey its part of the game. But going out there and making it a part of your strategy is douche baggery.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 06-12-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I say if the guy is an asshole, it's fair game.
Quoted for Truth
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also fail to see how it's easier. I'd say it's much more likely for one to fall into a "friend that I discuss all my relationship issues with" territory than it is to convince a chick that she needs to leave her current relationship to be in one with you. And that's with a relationship. Just hooking up is even further in favor of the single broad.

I wouldn't let her being in a relationship stop the attempt though. **** morals.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

god the timing of this is perfect: the girl i like with the football player BF messaged me one night and we had a whole long convo and she said that she has feelings for me and really "likes me likes me" and then asked if I had feelings for her and I (maybe stupidly) admitted that I do. pretty sure shes still with her bf but now these thoughts are back in my head. I'm gonna develop feelings that I got over before and it's ******* annoying. I know i could never be in arelationship with her, but feelings ******* blow.

now she's like calling me babe and said she can't wait til I get home so she can "hug and kiss me all over"

so...yeah.

******* a man
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been on a few dates in the past couple of weeks with this girl I work with, and it looks like it could be headed for a relationship if this keeps up.

Can't wait for that HR conversation that I'm sure will come from that.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I've been on a few dates in the past couple of weeks with this girl I work with, and it looks like it could be headed for a relationship if this keeps up.

Can't wait for that HR conversation that I'm sure will come from that.
Don't be dipping your pen in the company ink
Old 06-12-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
god the timing of this is perfect: the girl i like with the football player BF messaged me one night and we had a whole long convo and she said that she has feelings for me and really "likes me likes me" and then asked if I had feelings for her and I (maybe stupidly) admitted that I do. pretty sure shes still with her bf but now these thoughts are back in my head. I'm gonna develop feelings that I got over before and it's ******* annoying. I know i could never be in arelationship with her, but feelings ******* blow.

now she's like calling me babe and said she can't wait til I get home so she can "hug and kiss me all over"

so...yeah.

******* a man
Why do you say you can never be with her? Just wondering, if she's really interested in you i don't see why you should feel bad about her wanting to see you when you get home. Just don't go all puppy love on her and take it as it goes.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Why do you say you can never be with her? Just wondering, if she's really interested in you i don't see why you should feel bad about her wanting to see you when you get home. Just don't go all puppy love on her and take it as it goes.
because if she's willing to do this with me while still supposedly having her bf, I just don't think I'd be able to trust her. the whole thing like if she did it to him, she could do it to me.

Best case scenario: we become **** buddies and I am ok with that, really. As long as I don't get, as you said "all puppy love".

It's going to be interesting when I get back.

She did say these things when I presume she was a bit intoxicated (due to the time it was home when we chatted) but since has still been calling me babe and saying how much she misses me. It's just weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Girls with boyfriends are trouble. I wouldnt recommend it, its not worth it. I know from experience. As pimp as you may feel, as cool as you may seem, and as wanted as she make you think you are, you're not her boyfriend. Know your boundaries, and cross them.

Last edited by tjsunstein : 06-12-2012 at 03:06 PM.
tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

Also, for what it's worth, I never said it's right or anything, simply that it is "easier", and I think that theory holds true.

Also, reminds me of the P.Blackk line from Concorde Rollin, "Um, I had a girl, but I want yours. That's disrespect, and that's a fact. It's for a moment, I"ll give her back."
Old 06-20-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rather than posting the full story I'll just ask...if I almost hooked up with a girl several times at this party but got, for lack of a better word, ****-blocked 4 ******* TIMES! Seriously this girl and me couldn't get 5 seconds alone without someone walking in on us to try and hang out. Anyways, she might be at this party again this weekend. Do you think it's worth trying to get with her again? I mean I don't wanna have to start all over and play these stupid games with her and I swear to god if someone walks in on us again I'm gonna punch them in the face.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would give it one chance, but odds are she was interested at the moment, not anymore.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I know and I certainly don't want to get clingy or just look for that, but I know it's there and tempting. I know she wanted it to because we went back and forth teasing and touching each other but no one would leave us alone no matter were we went. She even tried that ******** of "o I'm so cold" when it was 80 degrees out just so I would move in and right when I did someone comes outside and interrupts and wouldn't leave.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote