Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-11-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As someone who jarred their thumb the other day... you use it for everything without even knowing it.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-7-le...d-albums-2012/

Just a hilarious article which I feel should be posted here, because if you enjoy humor and reading someone ******** on bands everyone hates this is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would you put your thumb in a jar?

Silly Aussies.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have bet money that 2 of the 7 would have belonged to nickleback.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
As someone who jarred their thumb the other day... you use it for everything without even knowing it.
I consider them like a Fullback. They may not be in for every play, but as part of the right offense, they get the job done.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I would have bet money that 2 of the 7 would have belonged to nickleback.
Thankfully we do not have to endure them releasing another cd this year. Im sure it will be next year however. The mentioning of them as the worst band ever next to ICP was good enough for me.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't say I understand the Nickelback hate. They are just so generic and cookie cutter that I just don't get hating on them, they aren't good but it's not like their music is abrasive or anything, it's just the same song. I don't see them as any different to bands like Train, Foo Fighters, Simple Plan and all those other generic "pop rock" bands that take the same song and change the lyrics and release it and then let the masses gobble it up.

Not saying they are good, because they aren't, but I don't see the reason for why they get hated on so much whilst others get a free pass for doing the same thing. Like all things music, it's just a personal taste thing.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

It's not so much that I hate nickleback, it's the few fans of theirs that I know irl that make me not like the band.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Haha I guess I'm protected from that side because I don't know anyone, or at least associate with anyone that likes them so have never actually had to hear someone try and defend them. Even the people I know accept that every song is the same with different lyrics and they just like the sound of that one song so they don't mind Nickelback.

Don't get me wrong, I think they are one step above awful as musicians but I just don't see anything they do that makes me want to hate on them in anyway, they are just so generic, it would be like hating on the colour white or something.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I mean I could write essays on whats wrong with Nickelback. There pretty much is no redeeming quality to their songs other than they arent over five minutes long. Looking at great rock bands of the past and seeing what we have ended up with is just a shame. And to say they are the same as the Foo Fighters is just insulting to everything about music haha, Grohl is the ******* man and Nickelback is nowhere near the level that the Foo fighters are. FF is one of the best bands on the radio today, where Nickelback, while commercially successful are one of the worst.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-11-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

For me it's an instance of certain songs remind me of certain people and if the song reminds of a certain colleague who I could not stand, for instance, the song, and the band for that matter, now suck as well.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
It's not so much that I hate nickleback, it's the few fans of theirs that I know irl that make me not like the band.
This is my problem as well. Something that is lousy is easily ignored. But when that lousy thing has rabid fans who won't shut up about how awesome they think that thing is, it becomes a problem and hence, the hate.

That and they're Canadian. Makes hating on them in 'Merica especially easy.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I had a similar, yet terrible experience with the band Air Supply, but we won't go into all that.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
This is my problem as well. Something that is lousy is easily ignored. But when that lousy thing has rabid fans who won't shut up about how awesome they think that thing is, it becomes a problem and hence, the hate.

Kinda like the Raiders?

*runs away*

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wogs I KNOW you did not just put Nickelback and Foo Fighters on the same level.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Kinda like the Raiders?

*runs away*
And for a while there I thought we could be friends... :'(

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for example

Old 06-12-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

I guess that's fair, as I said I don't know anyone who would defend Nickelback, I know a couple of people who "like" their music but they would never try and say they are a great band or anything.

As for Foo Fighters... I didn't dislike Monkey Wrench but every song since has basically been either Monkey Wrench or a Slow version of Monkey Wrench. To me they sound every bit as generic as Nickelback and unlike Nickelback I've heard plenty want to call them the greatest band ever. I hear they perform an awesome live show but I don't like their generic music, I really don't like Grohl's voice at all and well... they all sound the same, at least their singles, I've never liked a single enough to want to give an album a listen.

As I said though, music is all personal, for me the worst thing about Cobain dieing was that it lead to Foo Fighters who are one of my personal least favourite bands. I won't say their music is bad, just like Nickelback for me they found a sound that the masses love and they just reproduce that ad nauseum and watch the profits add up and that sound that leads to that just isn't my cup of tea. That's smart and not a reason to hate on a band though. I just choose not to listen to it and when someone starts talking about how great they are I just state that I don't like them and leave the conversation.

I learned long ago that I like some awfully random music and that I'm insanely unlikely to ever find someone who even agrees on probably 50% of the music I listen to and that music is an individual thing. For example... Korn's Follow the Leader and Issues were every bit as commercial as a Foo Fighters or Nickelback album and I still listen the crap out of that whilst others could say it's awful generic stuff and be totally right, that's just how music works! I should add... that I hated when Linkin Park, The Killers and Korn all decided to try and change their sound, hate their new stuff and don't even recognise that it exists, so I have to give credit to bands like Foo Fighters or Nickelback who've pumped out 10 years of the same thing which has kept the same fans for the entire journey instead of trying to change and ending up worse. It's actually funny how few bands change their sound for the better!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 06-12-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
And for a while there I thought we could be friends... :'(
We totes ARE friends! We totes are!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't respect or acknowledge the musical preferences of 12 year old me.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

12 year old me probably had better taste than adult me... but I don't like very much that I did back then now!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 06-12-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12 year old me discovered classic rock and was awesome

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I wish I could tell the 12 year old me not to break-dance. The 38 year old me is paying for it in the form of the early stages of arthritis.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:12 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12 year old me had already been corrupted by the internet.

:(
Old 06-12-2012, 01:40 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I don't respect or acknowledge the musical preferences of 12 year old me.

...neither do I
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote