Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-09-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's actually a really good deal, I love all the collection bundles that have been coming out.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They have RE4 on PSN, if you want. I forgot the price though.
I'm up to night 4 on Catherine. I'm told that night 5 is when the game starts kicking your ass ferociously.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:25 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I played my first call of duty game last night as I got MW3 when I bought my new ps3 bundle. I was going to trade it in to walmart for 60$ credit, but my girlfriends son was chomping at the bit to play it so you know how that goes. Even though I had never played it I knew I would enjoy it my only concern was im not really into online play except for co-op. I know the SP is short so that was a concern of mine. Blame kids this days 8 year olds just whiping the floor with me in that game lol
Old 06-12-2012, 07:43 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Same here, man. I got MW3 bc my brother and a bunch of my friends bought it and got persuaded to buy it so we could all play together online.
Only problem is I've never played a FPS before, nevermind engaging in online play where everyone knows the map perfectly but me.
Needless to say, I always come in last place (kills) but somehow I still have a good time.
(That's only bc I play with friends/fam. I'd never just go online and play. I doubt it'll be fun then)

I'm now playing Batman: Arkham Asylum. Love the game.
Next I plan on buying and playing Arkham City (Game of the Year edition)
After that, UnCharted 3 is what I'll likely play.
If I finish all those before the summer's over, I'll probably play through Heavy Rain again
Oh, and I'll continue playing Walking Dead as soon as they decided to release the next damn chapter.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:52 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Same here, man. I got MW3 bc my brother and a bunch of my friends bought it and got persuaded to buy it so we could all play together online.
Only problem is I've never played a FPS before, nevermind engaging in online play where everyone knows the map perfectly but me.
Needless to say, I always come in last place (kills) but somehow I still have a good time.
(That's only bc I play with friends/fam. I'd never just go online and play. I doubt it'll be fun then)

I'm now playing Batman: Arkham Asylum. Love the game.
Next I plan on buying and playing Arkham City (Game of the Year edition)
After that, UnCharted 3 is what I'll likely play.
If I finish all those before the summer's over, I'll probably play through Heavy Rain again
Oh, and I'll continue playing Walking Dead as soon as they decided to release the next damn chapter.
I'm the same boat as you I think there is enough for me to do by myself for me enjoy with SP and MP modes where I can play the CPU and not getting killed every 5 seconds. The co-op and other modes with friends (in my case my gf's son) is gonna make it where I get plenty of time into it. I had fun playing it with all of us in the same room which I don't get to do that alot

How can we both have saved user profiles on COD and not have one say guest?

I'm really wanting to play batman as I enjoyed the first one. How is the combat in the 2nd one? It felt diffrent to me in the demo? Like it wasnt as strong/powerful as AA. We must have the same taste in games Im also waiting walking dead to come out. I've also been wanting to play Heavy Rain for the 3rd time and first with the move.

Last edited by georgiafan : 06-12-2012 at 07:55 AM.
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True @ MW3. I do enjoy the other two modes as well.
No idea @ profile question. I think I've only played with a friend over at my place once.
I can't wait for my sons to get older so we can all play together

As for Batman, I'm still playing AA so I wouldn't know.
How's the move? Its never sparked my interest.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
True @ MW3. I do enjoy the other two modes as well.
No idea @ profile question. I think I've only played with a friend over at my place once.
I can't wait for my sons to get older so we can all play together

As for Batman, I'm still playing AA so I wouldn't know.
How's the move? Its never sparked my interest.
I was blown away at how good kid are at playing games now days. She had told me he was good but I was like whatever he is 8 and i'm 30 and have been playing games me whole life. Even though I know i have just average skill level and the kids just dominated me in every stat lol

I've use the move more then I thought I would and I think it was the 70$ I paid for it (that included a game). Its not really something that I play by myself, but I do use it when I have people over. They are games like Sports Champions and Tiger Woods which are easy for anyone to just pick up and play. They are also some hardcore games that I want to use it with like Resistance, Heavy Rain and just release Sorcery.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dam I miss video games. But having a GF,future wife is great !
Old 06-12-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having a gf or future wife that doesn't let you play video games doesn't sound that great. Time to rethink your future with this lady of yours.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I'm the same boat as you I think there is enough for me to do by myself for me enjoy with SP and MP modes where I can play the CPU and not getting killed every 5 seconds. The co-op and other modes with friends (in my case my gf's son) is gonna make it where I get plenty of time into it. I had fun playing it with all of us in the same room which I don't get to do that alot

How can we both have saved user profiles on COD and not have one say guest?

I'm really wanting to play batman as I enjoyed the first one. How is the combat in the 2nd one? It felt diffrent to me in the demo? Like it wasnt as strong/powerful as AA. We must have the same taste in games Im also waiting walking dead to come out. I've also been wanting to play Heavy Rain for the 3rd time and first with the move.
It's pretty much the same, don't expect anything real different.

I've never played Heavy Rain surprisingly.. I should probably get on that.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Dam I miss video games. But having a GF,future wife is great !
Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Having a gf or future wife that doesn't let you play video games doesn't sound that great. Time to rethink your future with this lady of yours.
Just bc you have a gf doesnt mean you should give up playing video games. I mean you shouldn't be sitting at home playing video games instead of carrying her out on friday night. But you shouldn't give on on things you love bc of a girl there is a balance u should find.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Just bc you have a gf doesnt mean you should give up playing video games. I mean you shouldn't be sitting at home playing video games instead of carrying her out on friday night. But you shouldn't give on on things you love bc of a girl there is a balance u should find.
truth. I've been married for almost 4 years and have two kids... I still play games. I would take bantx advise if I were you.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do I need balance though?I only play video games when I'm super bored.But now I'm not bored this summer. but winter time will come and I will be back into gaming some what. Tho i am thinking of enlisting into the Army though maybe next April or May I dunno. So I got to work on losing weight this winter as well.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:03 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bioshock is AWESOME. Rapture is one of the most unique gaming environments I've ever played through, definitely has an eerie feel and the nostalgia music only adds to it.

It also helps that you're constantly finding new plasmids and upgrades. There are so many different options of how you can attack enemies that the combat never really gets stale, even though you go through the majority of the game only carrying the same 4 weapons.

I'm just happy I decided to finally pick it up after hearing how great it was all these years. It lives up to the hype, and for anyone who hasn't played it yet you're missing out on one of the most captivating gaming experiences of the next-gen era. Pick up a copy, do it.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

I signed up for ps+ for 50 $ bc I was trading in my ps3 and didnt wanna lose all my saves. So between that and all the free games its a great deal and I've already fell like I've came close to getting my money back

Here are the full games that I'm in the process of downloading and this is just in the first month Infamous 2, lil big planet 2, Just Cause 2, Ratchet and Clark, one of the Laura Croft games and i'll prob try out Virtua Fighter 5. Anyone know anything about these games are the others they have?

Old 06-13-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
truth. I've been married for almost 4 years and have two kids... I still play games. I would take bantx advise if I were you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Bioshock is AWESOME. Rapture is one of the most unique gaming environments I've ever played through, definitely has an eerie feel and the nostalgia music only adds to it.

It also helps that you're constantly finding new plasmids and upgrades. There are so many different options of how you can attack enemies that the combat never really gets stale, even though you go through the majority of the game only carrying the same 4 weapons.

I'm just happy I decided to finally pick it up after hearing how great it was all these years. It lives up to the hype, and for anyone who hasn't played it yet you're missing out on one of the most captivating gaming experiences of the next-gen era. Pick up a copy, do it.
Gotta link these 2 posts. When my wife is annoyed at my video game sound effects or dialog, she still shouts out "a circus of value!!!!!!!!!!!" because that one drove her nuts the most for some reason.

I also have a wife & 2 kids and i still get my gaming in. Granted, it is much less frequent and in shorter bursts, but you can still find the time to get playing in, if said wife & kids aren't buttholes.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Also you cant start out saying how you miss playing video games and then when everyone post giving u some advice you kinda turn the other way saying its no big deal. I don't blame you bc I play alot more video games when I'm single then when I have a gf.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to go get bioshock I keep saying I will, but end up spending money else where.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Ordered Bioshock 2, Killzone 3, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution... should keep me busy throughout the summer. Just hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew haha.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I need to go get bioshock I keep saying I will, but end up spending money else where.
For what it is worth, i realy liked both bioshocks. Fun to upgrade both guns & powers.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm about to get $600 free dollars from the government in the form of a 'clean energy bonus' for low income households. Is there any reason I shouldn't finally buy a PS3.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

No. Next question.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No. Next question.
I only have the one :(

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:08 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I'm glad I could be of assistance :)

Old 06-16-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
So I'm about to get $600 free dollars from the government in the form of a 'clean energy bonus' for low income households. Is there any reason I shouldn't finally buy a PS3.
What are you going to play on it/do with it?