Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 06-07-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the thing that struck me the most is the timing of it. I think that they're doing it because they want him to go to another team fast and make an impression there instead of being cut at the end of august which would hurt his chances of getting a job. I think they like him, but if we're moving to a full time 4-3 he doesn't have a natural role here. A shame since I really like his physical make up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will be glad to see Chad back to being Chad. We really won't miss anything, unfortunately. Too bad, as I really like the guy.

Awesome work on the articles, Matt!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of sad to see Chad go. A couple of people think he has something left, but don't he just hasn't learned the offense.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think Chad can be effective in the right kind of offense. This offense was just too complex for him which was a shame. I would've loved seeing him tearing it up in a Patriots jersey, but that wasn't meant to happen it seems.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:48 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently, Gronk is getting paid.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...do-a-new-deal/

No details yet, though.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Gronk's deal.

Pretty much a short term deal, $8m signing bonus and a team option in 2015.

So in essence, if the Pats want him they have him for 8 years but they can for whatever reason (injury) end the deal after 4 years.

To make him the highest paid TE in the NFL, this is about as team friendly as possible. It also opens up the likelihood of either re-signing or franchising Hernandez in two years.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

16 Million as an option bonus for 2016 . . . I'd say he's locked up for the next 4 years and then up for "restructure." Then again, by that time 16M may not be a bad price for one year if it secures him @ ~8M each of the next few seasons.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

I love this, I have such a hard on for Gronk it's ridiculous. I hope that $16M bonus doesn't mean that we'll move on from him. If he continues to play like this it probably won't though...

Quote:
Old 06-08-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I love this, I have such a hard on for Gronk it's ridiculous. I hope that $16M bonus doesn't mean that we'll move on from him. If he continues to play like this it probably won't though...
I think he'll get that 16M as long as he's not injured or somehow in sever decline, which seems unlikely give his age. Especially since it's fairly cheap after that year. Paying a top TE 8M - 10M in 2016, 17, 18 will probably be below market value at that point, assuming the pass happy game we have now continues.

Ultimately, it's a locked up, guaranteed deal of 3 years @ 13M (per roto) which is very team friendly to start and provides insurance for the back injury that was questioned as degenerative.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
He's a second year player. If he gets any better, they may be glad it's only a $16 million bonus.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Apparently it's only a $10M bonus and $16M for the season that year so that makes it more likely that the Patriots will exercise their rights and keep Gronk.

Quote:
Old 06-09-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Apparently Dennard is impressing in OTAs.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe he can impress the guards in prison and theyll let him out early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Daniel Graham is reportedly being released. With all the injuries we have at TE do we bring him back at vet minimum?

Quote:
Old 06-12-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

We stole Jake Ballard from the Giants...

Too bad he has a torn ACL.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

apparently bill loves what he sees from jermaine cunningham this offseason

"Jermaine's had a great offseason," Belichick said Tuesday morning at Gillette Stadium, as the team's mandatory minicamp kicked off. "He's really worked hard. He looks good."

interesting..... i guess this is good news, we had all but written him off. it would be cool to see him flash some pass rushing skills early in the preseason and fight for a roster spot

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cunningham was really nice his rookie year in the 3-4, but really didn't have a place in their 4-3 hybrid scheme last year. Wouldn't be surprised if he had a bit of a resurgence/breakout year.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Cunningham was really nice his rookie year in the 3-4, but really didn't have a place in their 4-3 hybrid scheme last year. Wouldn't be surprised if he had a bit of a resurgence/breakout year.
I am struggling to remember a single game I thought he looked good in. (even at Florida... trollface.gif)

That said, I'm not sure I trust Belichick['s offseason assessments of players] when he's talking publicly.

I want to see it on the field.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:25 AM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cunningham made one play all of his rookie season, and that was rushing Peyton Manning in the closing seconds of the 4th Qtr and causing him to throw a pick. Other than that he looked pretty stiff, unimpressive at the point of attack, and a liability in coverage. That being said I hope he turns it around.

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J255979-11nine View Post
Cunningham made one play all of his rookie season, and that was rushing Peyton Manning in the closing seconds of the 4th Qtr and causing him to throw a pick. Other than that he looked pretty stiff, unimpressive at the point of attack, and a liability in coverage. That being said I hope he turns it around.
This is just a false statement. After his rookie year most of the people in here, myself included, were really surprises with how many pressures Cunngham generated, and started to think we might have something in him after chastising Cunningham after he got picked. Anyone saying that they weren't intrigued by Cunningham is lying. He was terrible last year and didn't do ****, but don't come here with your hindsight wisdom and claim that he only made one play during his rookie year.

Quote:
Old 06-13-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Cunnigham showed promise in year one. He made enough plays to vault himself from a status of "WFT, Bill?" to "Ok, maybe there's something there."

Then he couldn't even get on the field in year 2.

I agree w/Desc - nothing Bill says publicly +/- this early in OTAs holds any merit. The best guess is that he's trying to inflate Cunningham's confidence so he can perhaps climb back into the rotation. It's still entirely possible he'll be cut by July, regardless of Bill's current praise.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is just a false statement. After his rookie year most of the people in here, myself included, were really surprises with how many pressures Cunngham generated, and started to think we might have something in him after chastising Cunningham after he got picked. Anyone saying that they weren't intrigued by Cunningham is lying. He was terrible last year and didn't do ****, but don't come here with your hindsight wisdom and claim that he only made one play during his rookie year.
Truth. I remember a bunch of times when Cunningham looked a half-step away from a sack (hurries). He was generating pressure at a pretty good rate.
It's crazy that he was a college DE and we wondered if he could play standing up and now he regressed when we went back to an even front.
If we go back to our traditional defense, I believe he'll be a big part of the rotation.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still have some faith in Cunningham. I thought he showed a lot of promise as a rookie, yes he was raw but you could see he had ability and a motor. He could be a break out type guy, and I know we switched up our defense last year a bit but I'm still surprised he had zero impact. I hope he turns it around.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My article on Kenny Vaccaro is up on NEPD in case anyone is interested:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...hort-list.html
Old 06-18-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
My article on Kenny Vaccaro is up on NEPD in case anyone is interested:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...hort-list.html
I love Vaccaro, but I think he's a very solid second rounder and maybe even a first rounder. He'd fit in nicely with the Patriots. I also think that we'll be looking at safeties regardless of what happens with Chung. If Chung wants big bucks I'm sure BB will tag him and get the best deal possible. I like Chung, but besides that one game against Miami what has he done for us? He's been late for tackles, been injured and fumbled on a fake punt which contributed to a playoff loss. I'd be happy giving him $3.5-$4 mil per year + incentives, but that's about it. People are talking about $6 and $7 mil right now which is complete insanity.

Quote: