Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-31-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Times like these are wish I had it for the PC.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Bethesda has wanted to make modding tools available for the consoles for as long as they've been around, but Microsoft is like "no ******* way." Sony is probably the same way.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
This is exactly what I was thinking. My PC used to seriously kick ass, too.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

That looks amazingly awesome actually. Ugh...I may have to get a character ready for this. Gotta get through the rest of FF7 first. I'll put my FF game marathon on hold.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:43 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, I don't think I recognized a single weapon used in the trailer.

Here's the image of the shield that I pulled off YouTube using my 1337 pausing skills (the sword's sheath is unique too [sword is too bloodstained to really make out]):

But the axe caught my eye at first, cause it looks different from the Steel War Axe. Went looking for these pics.

Here's one shanking a Falmer in it's nerd face:

And another one slashing in vain at BeerBaron's personal nightmare - a frost troll giant that may or may not be vampiric:

The new axe with the new paladin looking armor:

And new bows it looks like:

They're probably just Dawnstar and vampire faction weaponry, but still. That armor looks beastly.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody have problems with load times/periodic freezing? I'm a level 46 on 360, been having long save times/load times for a while now. Also sometimes it freezes up for 15-20 seconds. Gets pretty damn aggravating.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
Anybody have problems with load times/periodic freezing? I'm a level 46 on 360, been having long save times/load times for a while now. Also sometimes it freezes up for 15-20 seconds. Gets pretty damn aggravating.
On a PS3? If so, it's still an ongoing issue as far as I know. Turning off autosave can help.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I should have bought it for PS3 but did for the 360 instead. Turned off the autosave though and it helped. Thanks BB

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah, it's a problem for both consoles. The more you do in the game, the bigger the size of your save file gets and it causes problems. Like I said, turning off autosave will help for now.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I must have gotten lucky, I've never had a problem with freezing or any type of glitch really. Atleast until the 1.5 patch when it started freezing when I went in the water. But I just deleted and reinstalled the patch and game file and fixed it.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

When dragons land, they leave footprints.

FOOTPRINTS!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have you seen them crash land?
Old 06-08-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Have you seen them crash land?
And they leave a path of destruction on the ground! Oh yeah! I think you have to aim at their wings in order to do it. I just got a Word Wall on the top of a mountain, and when the dragon landed, I was able to pop off two arrows into it's left wing. It flew back up into the air, did some abnormal flying maneuvers, and then crashed into the size of the mountain, which took out it's remaining health (which was at least 1/4th left). Was so friggin' awesome that I posed myself and Lydia and saved the game with us side-by-side with the skid mark in the background!

Anyway, Patch 1.6 is out for the XBox 360. It includes mounted combat, another batch of bug fixes, and the main menu now has an Add-On option that brings up the Marketplace items for Skyrim. Dawnguard will be released June 26th for 360 as well. It's looking like it'll be ~15 hours worth of additional gameplay, depending on your choices and pace I guess.

Which side are you guys going to choose? Dawnguard or Volkihar?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Any idea when 1.6 will be available for ps3?
Old 06-08-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Is it not out for it? I figured both patches would hit both consoles and PC at the same time after Steam got through beta testing.

TO THE FOOTAGE!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:24 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Old 06-13-2012, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's edible you say? Better ******* eat it.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:39 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

This keeps happening to my followers, and even one stray dog I found.

None of them have died! NONE! I'm like, "****, now I gotta reload to get her back!" and boosh, they come running back up after I ragekill the giant.

Shelved Lydia and her giant club for Janessa since she fits my rogue character more. Recruited her into the Blades so she has the pseudo-samurai armor, pickpocketed her Blades Shield, Sword, and Helmet from her, and then gave her two upgraded Scimitars and a Thieves Guild Hood (which I'll probably switch with a Dark Brotherhood cowl when I start that faction, or the Guild Master's Hood since it's black and will probably fit the look of the armor more).

She just freaks shiz up now, and looks like a badass doing it since she's one of the few followers who will dual-wield as a first choice. Told her to kill the assassin that's waiting on Malborn in Windhelm, and boom-boom, she kills him in two hits.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 06-13-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In anticipation of DLC, I started playing again and picked up where I left off. I have all the guilds and main story stuff done, now it's just random side quests, but what is taking forever is clearing all the mines, forts, and caves. I forgot just how many freaking places there are.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Yeah, I've had to change characteristics with my high level character to mix things up. Instead of Heavy Armor, 1-Handed, and Conjuration, which is how I've built it and invested perks in, I've switched to Light Armor, 2-Handed, and Destruction/Restoration. Also planning on going after specific perks that aren't necessarily part of my character design, like the Megicka regen perk in Restoration and the +100 Carrying Capacity in Pickpocketing.

One thing about Dawnguard I'm worried about with my high level characters is with the perks needed for the Vampire Lord and the Werewolf trees. I don't have a Lvl. 81 character, and my highest one is Lvl. 62, but now we have two new trees that we can fill out. Will they give us additional levels or ways to get perks so we can unlock these things, or are our perks allotment going to be stretched out even more if we want to supe up our Lycan modes? If it's the latter, I feel bad for the guys who have Lvl. 81 characters, no perks left, and want to use those characters to get the full experience from Dawnguard. I guess that's why people are starting brand new characters just for the DLC.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am planning on starting up the game again this week and I am really contemplating forgoing either my typical mauler or sneaky archer type for a Paladin. Hmmm
Old 06-13-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is Skyrim worth getting for ps3? i always wanted to get it for PC, but mine is garbage and can't play anything and i never considered it for consoles.

same thing with crappy graphics?
Old 06-13-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Yeah, I've had to change characteristics with my high level character to mix things up. Instead of Heavy Armor, 1-Handed, and Conjuration, which is how I've built it and invested perks in, I've switched to Light Armor, 2-Handed, and Destruction/Restoration. Also planning on going after specific perks that aren't necessarily part of my character design, like the Megicka regen perk in Restoration and the +100 Carrying Capacity in Pickpocketing.

One thing about Dawnguard I'm worried about with my high level characters is with the perks needed for the Vampire Lord and the Werewolf trees. I don't have a Lvl. 81 character, and my highest one is Lvl. 62, but now we have two new trees that we can fill out. Will they give us additional levels or ways to get perks so we can unlock these things, or are our perks allotment going to be stretched out even more if we want to supe up our Lycan modes? If it's the latter, I feel bad for the guys who have Lvl. 81 characters, no perks left, and want to use those characters to get the full experience from Dawnguard. I guess that's why people are starting brand new characters just for the DLC.
I didn't even think about this. I've been wanting to start up a sneaky assassin type character for a while anyway. Good reason.

i done stole dis sig
Old 06-13-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMyJob View Post
is Skyrim worth getting for ps3? i always wanted to get it for PC, but mine is garbage and can't play anything and i never considered it for consoles.

I play it for PS3. It is fun, don't get me wrong. But I get insanely jealous when I do something stupid like look at all the cool Skyrim mods available. youtube makes this especially bad because you can see how cool it is rather than just text and pics.

i done stole dis sig
Old 06-13-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I am planning on starting up the game again this week and I am really contemplating forgoing either my typical mauler or sneaky archer type for a Paladin. Hmmm
I found that adding a magicka tree to my melee character was sooo much fun. I went with Conjuration because I wanted to dual summon Dremora Lords to fight along side me, and it's madness to summon those two alongside my follower and me so the four of us go running train through whoever's in our way.

The Paladin archetype says it uses Heavy Armor, 1-Handed, Restoration, and Alteration. Sounds like fun, and a good RP for a character that sides with good! Plus, Dawnstar armor has the perfect looking helmet for a Paladin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMyJob View Post

I'd definitely go with PC if you have the equipment for it. I play it on the 360, and I still have a blast with it. It's fun no matter what system you play it on, but the mods on the PC just add an element that can't be reproduced by the consoles. The PC graphics will naturally be better, but Skyrim is still a visual marvel regardless. But if you can only get it on PS3, then I still say go for it cause you won't regret it.

I'm with Killswitch on the mods. They're just too cool, and I can log onto YouTube and search for those all night. It's entertaining just seeing them, let alone playing with them!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.