Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
What about Hargrove?
Hargrove will be given a chance as a rotational player when he comes off suspension but I think we'll see Worthy getting a considerable amount of playing time once we hit mid-season, Wilson should/projects to be a part of the rotation, and rookie Mike Daniels could very well impress enough to see playing time as well. It'll be difficult for Hargrove to see the field much unless the others mentioned are showing the coaches nothing or we see the injury bug hit our defensive line.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Hargrove will be given a chance as a rotational player when he comes off suspension but I think we'll see Worthy getting a considerable amount of playing time once we hit mid-season, Wilson should/projects to be a part of the rotation, and rookie Mike Daniels could very well impress enough to see playing time as well. It'll be difficult for Hargrove to see the field much unless the others mentioned are showing the coaches nothing or we see the injury bug hit our defensive line.
Knowing our injury luck, someone will be hurt, even if it's not a whole injury "bug", so I expect Hargrove to get some looks and create some havoc.
He has a lot of intensity and gets into the backfield a lot more than guys like Wilson and Wynn, Neal, etc.

And he'll be fresh & hungry.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mike Neal says he has been cleared by NFL to take Adderall for ADD. still not sure if he can appeal his suspension again
Sounds like his suspension could be lifted. Or at least there is a chance.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll see. Still stupid of him to take something WITHOUT contacting the team about it. That's all it boiled down to. He had a prescription but didn't clear it with the NFL

Hopefully it's lifted because that'd be a nice boost to the DL as far as depth goes.

Jerel Worthy has been very impressive it sounds like during OTA's, etc. Been reading and seeing a lot of positive reports on him and about his quickness off the snap. McCarthy has also been raving about Davon House. He stayed in GB over the offseason and got himself into even better shape.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
According to the Houston Chronicle's Lance Zierlein, "rumors started circulating around league circles" that the Packers are willing to trade James Jones
Jones is likely the #4 WR, at best, for the next season so it makes sense

Old 06-14-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm cool with it, depending on how Gurley/Borel, etc look in training camp. No need to move him right now. They have the luxury of waiting
Old 06-14-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

just a random thought: if it comes down to Borel or Gurley making the roster, i expect Borel to get the nod

Old 06-14-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
just a random thought: if it comes down to Borel or Gurley making the roster, i expect Borel to get the nod
Really? Interesting. I've been thinking Gurley's size and experience at WR gives him the edge. Outside of Finley we don't have another receiver with that kind of size. And while he isn't going be an inline blocker he could be used similar to a split-out TE.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Really? Interesting. I've been thinking Gurley's size and experience at WR gives him the edge. Outside of Finley we don't have another receiver with that kind of size. And while he isn't going be an inline blocker he could be used similar to a split-out TE.
Borel is still learning the receiver position and in that learning process it helps him that he played quarterback prior to making that transition. He fits the mold more of what we seem to value to our receivers; guys who give you potential after the catch with their speed and elusiveness. I know Aaron has been impressed with his improvement and adaptation to the position and even went as far as to say that he brings a similar skill set to Randall Cobb. Borel offers versatility with his potential on special teams as well and we all know how much the coaching staff values that.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gurley also offers a lot of ability on special teams. Last training camp there was talk of him having a knack for blocking kicks.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Secret Superstar: DJ Smith

Nice read on Packers ILB DJ Smith.

Quote:
The team will likely begin this season with a new starter at outside linebacker and at safety. After yet another season of sub-par play (-3.1) and minimal impact (zero turnover plays) from A.J. Hawk, the Packers may finally be ready for a new face at inside linebacker as well. Hawk’s would-be replacement is our Secret Superstar: D.J. Smith.

As a rookie, Smith was one of the rare bright spots (+5.7) on last years’ dismal defense. His four-game stint late in the season showcased a play-making ability the Packers have been missing from Hawk–who has averaged just 1.8 sacks, 1.3 INT’s, and 0.3 FF per season–over the past six years.
Hawk isn't long for Green Bay. I would hope that DJ Smith is on the field more this season. He definitely showed better tackling ability and instincts than Hawk in his short stint late in the year
Old 06-14-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hawk sucks and I've wanted him off the team for awhile. I really hope DJ Smith takes Ajs job.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jones is likely the #4 WR, at best, for the next season so it makes sense
Yeah. This is at least the second time this rumor has been reported ( I think during the draft it was rumored that they were willing to trade him for picks). I know the guy has a reputation for untimely drops but I have to believe he would be an upgrade for some team. If true, it is strange that it is so hard to trade such a seemingly talented player. I don't recall his contract being that bad.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Yeah. This is at least the second time this rumor has been reported ( I think during the draft it was rumored that they were willing to trade him for picks). I know the guy has a reputation for untimely drops but I have to believe he would be an upgrade for some team. If true, it is strange that it is so hard to trade such a seemingly talented player. I don't recall his contract being that bad.
His contract isn't bad but remember when he hit free agency that there wasn't a great deal of interest in him which ultimately led him to come back to Green Bay at a team friendly rate. The rest, or majority, of the league must not hold him in high regard.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Old 06-15-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too bad their numbers aren't 62, 63, 64 as well.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

So, Leroy Butler is reporting on twitter that the Packers and Aaron Rodgers pretty much have an extension done. None of the other beat writers are tweeting back/commenting on Butler's tweets, so for now it's just taking it with a grain of salt

He said the extension is a 5yr/$96 million deal. Didn't specify how much is guaranteed, and went on to say that it saves the Packers money so B.J, Clay and Jennings can get re-signed as well

Again, it's only Butler reporting it, but during the NFL draft(when he was going to make the 2nd round pick for the Packers) he announced the pick on twitter well before he announced it on TV, so I don't think he'd be lying about something as important as this.

Again, here are the tweets:

Quote:
leroy butler ‏@leap36

Aaron Rodgers extention almost done, 5 years 96$ million. He is way under paid,? thoughts?
Quote:
leroy butler ‏@leap36

The deal saves packers money so bj, clay, Jennings can get resigned as well
Old 06-18-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If that is true it would be pretty awesome.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope to god that the extension is real.

Commenting on our DL, I have. Feeling Neal's suspension is going to be lifted with the doctors note and if it is, it would be incredibly promising to have him getting reps from day 1 considering the time he's already missed. This could be a big make or break year for him with his history and he needs to be on the field as much as possible. Loving the rave reviews of Worthy, but they arent surprising considering he shouldnt have been here when our first pick was on the clock. Hopefully the chip on his shoulder lasts, love players who have something to prove (ARodg, CM3). I havent read much about Mike Daniels from Iowa from OTAs but he may have been my favorite pick of the drft outside of the top two (obviously). If he performs well enough to rotate then our DL will be a strength come midseason when Hargrove returns barring injury. I really wish one of Wilson, Guy, that bunch would emerge as something more than "good enough" for a roster spot but thats how it goes.

Also, Im on board with DJ Smith over AJ Hawk.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

The Green Bay Press-Gazette did their lead sports story yesterday on trying to determine who the best Packer off all-time is; they decided on Don Hutson. I would lean towards Brett Favre, and while Hutson had an incredible career I think it's hard to place a player who very few people today have actually ever seen play. Plus I would not expect a writer for Press-Gazette to write a glowing article about Favre at this point in time.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting. Ron Wolf recently had this to say:

Quote:
“To me, Brett Favre and I are like connected at the hips. I feel strong loyalty to Brett Favre. When I got here, Don Huston was the greatest player ever to play for the Green Bay Packers. I think everybody will tell you now, the greatest player ever to play for the Packers is Brett Favre. That’s his legacy.”
I think it's pretty amazing that our favorite team has such a great history that we're able to debate who was better: the all-time leading passer, or the guy who invented the pass route.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Green Bay Press-Gazette did their lead sports story yesterday on trying to determine who the best Packer off all-time is; they decided on Don Hutson. I would lean towards Brett Favre, and while Hutson had an incredible career I think it's hard to place a player who very few people today have actually ever seen play. Plus I would not expect a writer for Press-Gazette to write a glowing article about Favre at this point in time.
Again, it depends what the criteria is.

If it's mostly based on statistics, and stats vs contemporaries, than it's Don Hutson but Favre had some incredible statistics, especially his 3 straight MVP years. Some people forget that.

The thing that eliminates Favre in my eyes was the fact that in the biggest games, which is post-season, he was nothing more than ordinary.
All his last-second magical touchdown passes in his career, all were in regular seasons.
He failed in the playoffs to produce at a high level, too many times.

He was outplayed by Culpepper, in Green Bay.
Out played by Vick of Atlanta, in Green Bay. Both of those guys were the underdogs.
When Brett was the underdog in St Louis, he was pathetically embarrassing.
Of course he also wilted big time in his last game with us, freezing up against the Giants with the Super Bowl at hand if he just played okay instead of atrocious.

He also didn't deliver on a signature drive moment like Brady did, losing to Denver. "He failed on that last drive, also threw a costly int in that game. Just one, but that one was the difference in a ring, and a loss. Rodgers threw no Ints vs the Steelers and that one is all it takes to make a difference in close Super Bowls like that.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Again, it depends what the criteria is.

If it's mostly based on statistics, and stats vs contemporaries, than it's Don Hutson but Favre had some incredible statistics, especially his 3 straight MVP years. Some people forget that.

The thing that eliminates Favre in my eyes was the fact that in the biggest games, which is post-season, he was nothing more than ordinary.
All his last-second magical touchdown passes in his career, all were in regular seasons.
He failed in the playoffs to produce at a high level, too many times.

He was outplayed by Culpepper, in Green Bay.
Out played by Vick of Atlanta, in Green Bay. Both of those guys were the underdogs.
When Brett was the underdog in St Louis, he was pathetically embarrassing.
Of course he also wilted big time in his last game with us, freezing up against the Giants with the Super Bowl at hand if he just played okay instead of atrocious.

He also didn't deliver on a signature drive moment like Brady did, losing to Denver. "He failed on that last drive, also threw a costly int in that game. Just one, but that one was the difference in a ring, and a loss. Rodgers threw no Ints vs the Steelers and that one is all it takes to make a difference in close Super Bowls like that.
Favre's playoff record looks a lot better if you throw out the Sherman years. Most Packer fans don't piece this together because Sherman was likeable and the team won enough to avoid scrutiny, but the guy managed to do all of jackshit with Favre and Green in their primes. That's a QB and a RB who may have been the best in this franchises storied history, or who were at least in the top-3 at their respective positions.

Looking at Favre during the non-Sherman years, he went to 5 NFC Championship games. You can't really ask for much more from a QB. It's very probable that Sherman just simply wasn't a very good head coach. Even Childress managed to ride Favre to a NFCCG.

Don Hutson basically invented his position, though. I'm not a huge Peter King fan, but he's said that Hutson is the Babe Ruth of football. I'll never object to him being ranked #1 in Packer history, and I think he's in the discussion for #1 in NFL history. I have heard people claim that Hutson had his best years during WWII (somewhat true) and that "most of the best players" were off fighting in the war, so he was going against watered down competition. That part seems to be primarily myth, stirred up by Jerry Rice fanboys who want to remove Hutson from the GOAT conversation.

Last edited by WCH : 06-25-2012 at 11:43 PM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.
Default This is not good

Packers cornerback Tramon Williams played through a painful shoulder problem last season, and it still hasn’t fully healed.

Williams told Paul Imig of FoxSportsWisconsin.com that he was still around “50 percent” strength according to tests performed earlier this month. The problem was initially described as a “bruise,” but that makes it the worst bruise ever, if it still hasn’t healed nine months later.

“It probably was worse during the season. It was bad,” Williams said. “I hadn’t done anything on it for a while, trying to heal it up a little bit. I started my rehab process, did that for a couple weeks, then we did the strength test to see where we were.

“They tested my strong arm, which is my left arm, and then the right arm, and my right arm was significantly weaker than my left arm. And this is my dominant arm, my right arm, so it was weak. Let’s just say that.

“It was terrible. If I hold my arm right here and told you to push it, I couldn’t do it, I couldn’t even hold it up, still.”

He said a test of nerve function showed him at 15 percent in the injured shoulder. The 29-year-old was once a very good bump-and-run corner, but being one-armed clearly impacts that, and he’s probably going to be limited in training camp.

He obviously wasn’t the same player last year as when he went to the Pro Bowl, but he still had four interceptions. As much of a concern as his condition is, fixing the Packers defense doesn’t center on him. Improving their pass rush would make things easier on Williams and everyone else in the secondary.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote