Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-14-2012, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OTAs is the exact opposite of 2 mins left with the season on the line. Of course he isn't going to be great.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if he does it on purpose or not but like I've been saying for the last 5 or 6 years Eli is the last person on the team we have to worry about.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself since we play such a tough schedule but I really think this can be a very very special year with all the talent we have on this roster. As always it'll come down to who can stay healthy but if we don't lose anyone major I feel very confident we're going to have a great drunken time watching the team this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:40 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

obviously we're just joking around but he seriously does do it EVERY pre-season. it's weird. it could very well be his method to his madness but at this point, it's not to sit back and joke about it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My weekly Barden quote that still gives me hope:

Quote:
Tom Coughlin is very pleased with Ramses Barden this spring. "I think he’s figured it out and that’s a good first step," Coughlin said on @SiriusXMNFL. "He’s had some really good days in practice and done a really good job. I really do think that he’s right there. He’s got to do it with consistency. There can’t be any shortcomings. You’re a big receiver. You must excel in the green zone (and) as a blocker. I do feel good about where he is. I really feel good that he feels good about where he is.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-14-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i saw that and KNEW you'd be in here with that Zak haha.

I still have hopes for JJ this year. Idk, I just really like him.

And want one of our shifty small dudes to pan out for once
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm very very predictable with my Barden quotes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-14-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, I support your Barden support!

I feel like its a good sign. Coughlin is never a coach to give a lot of praise so if he's doing it for Barden I'd say that's a very good thing.

Even if he can become a red (green?) zone threat that would be pretty useful. Plus as we've seen, having a lot of receiver depth is becoming an underrated necessity in a pass happy league so hopefully he can give us that.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

For those of you who were scared about the Bernard signing and what it possibly meant for Austin:

Quote:
Patricia Traina
Fewell on what makes Marvin Austin different than the other DTs they have: "He has legite speed and quickness and get-off. I'm going to have to learn to use Marvin a little bit differently than I use Linval Joseph, and Shaun Rogers, and Rocky Bernard because I thinkt hat (Austin) can really cause some offensive linemen some problems."

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-14-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barden sucks.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barden might turn out to be Ernest Wilford, difference being that Jax gave Wilford a lot of opportunities while we haven't really given Barden any.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sounds like WR Brandon Collins is going to be someone to watch when the preseason games roll around. Also, Brandon Bing's name has been mentioned a good amount by the beat writers so we can throw him into that Tier C CB depth that will be fighting it out.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-15-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can Bing play safety? It would certainly be easier to make room for him on the Roster if he could beat out Jackson or Sash instead of trying to beat out Johnson, Tryon and the other CB who's name escapes me. I doubt we keep more than 9 DBs on the 53 man roster and I feel more confident in our CBs than our Safety depth.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JPP landed at no. 24 on the top 100 players list. Thought he should have been top ten honestly. He's a beast.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Can Bing play safety? It would certainly be easier to make room for him on the Roster if he could beat out Jackson or Sash instead of trying to beat out Johnson, Tryon and the other CB who's name escapes me. I doubt we keep more than 9 DBs on the 53 man roster and I feel more confident in our CBs than our Safety depth.
Naa he's a CB. S will be Rolle, Phillips, Sash, and then Stevie Brown has the inside track to the 4 spot right now. Don't forget Will Hill and Janzen Jackson are fighting for that spot also. Deon Grant can always come back to the mix if the coaches don't like what they're seeing out of the group.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-15-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
JPP landed at no. 24 on the top 100 players list. Thought he should have been top ten honestly. He's a beast.
It's a terrible terrible list.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-15-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It's a terrible terrible list.
Agreed. Frank Gore is higher than Eli. I think that says it all. But it's just more motivation for our players. The only Giants I can say should be happy with their place on the list is Tuck and Cruz. JPP,Eli and Nicks should feel underrated by the players who voted.

Quote:
Old 06-16-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's always funny how Big ben is higher than Eli. Big Ben had an average year last season, while Eli had a very good year. And yet, the players out Ben higher than Eli.

But the whole list is messed up even having Romo so far back. He should be up more.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
It's always funny how Big ben is higher than Eli. Big Ben had an average year last season, while Eli had a very good year. And yet, the players out Ben higher than Eli.

But the whole list is messed up even having Romo so far back. He should be up more.
Yeah, Romo gets underrated a lot. He's a very good QB. Much better than Flacco (wasn't he behind him on the list?), Ryan, and those guys. Top ten for sure in my book.

Quote:
Old 06-17-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Romo's a very good QB but he's under the microscope to much because he is a Cowboys QB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-18-2012, 05:21 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

guys, i've been thinking about just how scary our defense really can be. I'm going to be stating the obvious, but I just want to write it all down and be in awe of it. So much rotation, depth and talent...

DE: JPP, Tuck, Osi. Right there, best DE group in the NFL. JPP is a top 5 DE and going into his 3rd year. Tuck is the warrior, tremendous all around, and Osi is still, IMO, a top 5 pass rusher in the league. A group with the potential to create a LOT of turnovers and wreak so much havoc.

DT: Canty, Linval, Austin, Bernard, Rogers: Bernard and Rogers are guys who are good in short yardage and good depth guys. Canty was so crucial for us last season, over looked by many. Linval has all the talent and has great flashes, think he can really make a step. Austin has that devastating pass rush potential. Yes, he's been out of football for 2 years, but I'm excited to see what he can do.

LB: Blackburn, Rivers, Boley, Williams: We can have SO MUCH rotation here. Run stuffer/best LB'er ever Chase Blackburn out there can call signals, as can Boley. Boley was so great last year, and he, Williams and Rivers make up for a great group of cover LB'ers.

CB: TT, Webster, Prince, Hosley: Throw in a bunch of talented guys such as Bing and Blackmon who can come in and contribute (who ever wins camp battles) and this is a DEEP and talented group. Webster is a top 10 (perhaps 5) CB in the league. We know what TT can do, but coming off injury it's going to be interesting. Prince is finally healthy and we know how talented he is, along with Hosley.

S: Might be our weakest position defensively because of no Grant and I'm not sure I trust Sash. KP and ROlle is a great duo, we love 'em. Hopefully with TT back, we won't need as many 3 safety sets.

Oh yeah, and then there's the wildcard...which is funny because he's a joker. Kiwanuka. I love him and if Fewell uses him right, he's a force. He played actually pretty well at LB last season and vastly improved in coverage...and also is still one helluva DE. Gotta love Kiwi and the amount of weapons we can throw at people. Fewell needs to keep the foot on the gas. We've got a plethora of pass rushers in Osi, JPP, Tuck, Austin, Kiwi. Some big run stuffers up front with Chase behind them, and a ton of cover LB'ers where we can mix and match the opponents sets. Use rotation to keep guys fresh. I'm really, really excited for this season
Quote:
Old 06-18-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have tons of talent on defense. Always have. It all comes down to Fewell and how he uses it.

I would temper my expectations of our DTs though. Canty was a beast last year, but he's coming off a knee injury that concerns me. Joseph is solid, and can become a beast, but we haven't seen him take that step yet. Austin is a wild card, I don't know what to expect from the guy. Bernard is depth. Rogers could be fat and washed up, or he can be decent depth to Joseph. We don't know.

So our DT core can be anywhere from great to mediocre. It all depends on how things shape up.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Go back and watch the GB game. Linval was a monster in that game. I also think Fewell has learned his lesson and we're all going to be pleasantly surprised with him this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-18-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...EWa GUdCkX1VM

I need a Chase Blackburn sig.
Quote:
Old 06-19-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

I just rewatched some clips on nfl.com, and I had to just say this before I can start focusing on the new season:

We won the freaking Super Bowl!!! YES! It's so awesome to rewatch the sound fx clips, and rewatch Deion and Marshall faulk interview Coughlin after the victory.

I am so happy I got to experience such a special season, particularly because I didn't watch the whole season in 2007, just the SB. It was SB XLII that made me a Giants-fan, but this feels like my first real championship as a fan of the team. I'm so happy to have been able to be a part of the ride as a fan.

Quote:
Old 06-19-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any word on how Wilson/ Hosley look early on?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote