Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 06-08-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Signed Bobbie Williams to a 2 year deal.
Maybe he'll compete for that starting LG spot but I tend to think he's more there to provide some depth behind Yanda who doesn't have a backup who has ever dressed for an NFL game
Old 06-08-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Reid and K.O. banged up a little bit, they needed another body in there anyways.

Has anyone heard anything about Tandon Doss this offseason?
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bobbie Williams is a great player to have in the locker room, but you really don't want him starting everyday. He has really dropped off last year and i have a feeling he could get worst with the injury.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Maybe he'll compete for that starting LG spot but I tend to think he's more there to provide some depth behind Yanda who doesn't have a backup who has ever dressed for an NFL game
Yeah that's what I think the reasoning behind the move is as well. It's either Osemele or Reid for LG in my opinion.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Lewis slimmed down so expect him to cover a lot also Reed didn't even show up for mandatory mini camp idk what to expect from that
Old 06-13-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Ray Lewis slimmed down so expect him to cover a lot also Reed didn't even show up for mandatory mini camp idk what to expect from that
This could just be another case of a veteran just not wanting to show up for mini camps etc. ala Strahan (hopefully without the retirement part)

It's no secret that Ed Reeds body isn't what it used to be and he's a bit more fragile now. It wouldn't surprise me if he was just sitting out to save his body for the season.

I don't know how I feel about that if it's true but I guess if there was ever a guy who I would be okay with missing training camp it might be Ed Reed

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

still no sign of Reed, Ray said he talked to Reed and said its a family issue.

Matt Birk missed practice with vericose ******* viens. I will never understand why we brought him back.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Late for Work segment today talked about the coaches not being happy with McKinney's conditioning. So they pay him 500K and he gets out of shape? I'm not especially confident in Oher at LT or Reid at RT.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though he hasn't started yet I feel more comfortable with Reid at RT than I do McKinnie at LT. I'm more in favor of Oher at LT over McKinnie too.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Reid got carted off the field with a right leg injury...
Old 07-04-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Seems like a dead off season for us this year not a lot of activity on this board I guess we are all burnt out from that crushing defeat vs the pats and Suggs injury it breaks my heart knowing ray Reed window maybe closed with cundiff and evAns failing like that
Old 07-06-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Nah, there just isn't anything to talk about. At least training camp starts somewhat soon and we'll have something to discuss. I can't wait to see how the OL competition turns out. There really aren't any other important positional battles left to be decided. The next best thing might be... Jimmy Smith vs. Cary Williams?
Old 07-06-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Nah, there just isn't anything to talk about. At least training camp starts somewhat soon and we'll have something to discuss. I can't wait to see how the OL competition turns out. There really aren't any other important positional battles left to be decided. The next best thing might be... Jimmy Smith vs. Cary Williams?
Yeah it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. I have a feeling Bobbie Williams will be our week 1 starter at LG. I'd prefer KO or Jah to win it and Williams be a swing guard who can play both sides. From the outside looking in, I like Jah the most of those three but part of me thinks that if Oher/McKinnie get hurt, they'd be much more comfortable with Jah at OT than KO so he is important to have as the #3 OT. But then again, Yanda can play tackle too so who knows. We have the flexibility to shuffle guys around if there's an injury but obviously that's not ideally what you want to be doing for chemistry - especially with three very young guys.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...content_stream

Could just be NFL.com being themselves and making a story out of nothing, but I think it's worth tracking. Reed is none too pleased with his situation in Baltimore, it would seem. I also read recently over on PFW (I know, I know) that there are rumblings in the NFL that the overall talent on the Ravens roster has dropped considerably since the golden days. They always do an "Inside the NFL" section with quotes from other execs and they had one last week about how the Ravens are one of the consistent underachievers of the NFL, along with the Cowboys and Chargers. Makes sense, in an odd way.

As far as the offensive line goes, it'd be extremely interesting if the coaching staff felt Yanda was best served at RT. Oher - Osemele - Gradkowski - Reid - Yanda is an interesting lineup for the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I like Rosenthal's opening statement from his article:

"It's been too long since we overanalyzed and misinterpreted Ed Reed's purposefully vague statements about retirement."

Of course it does sound like Reed is still whining about his contract. It would be nice to know what he's expecting to get. :/
Old 07-09-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever he's expecting to get, he won't get anywhere near what we would pay him if he decided to go somewhere else. What GM would pay an aging injury prone safety who is constantly going "I might retire, I might play"? Stupid motherfrakker black balled himself.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Reed is just a wierd dude. I have talked to ppl who own sports memorabilia stores and they said he beats to his own drum. He doesnt have an agent and this quasi brett favre retirement BS is a terrible idea when it comes to getting a new deal. I just hope he plays and plays well.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Rice's new contract has opened up some cap space for the Ravens. They're a little over $3.3 million under now.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Rice's new contract has opened up some cap space for the Ravens. They're a little over $3.3 million under now.
Better than the $600k or whatever we were at before the deal. I know they have ways of structuring deals to get the lowest cap number possible but I just don't see how Flacco getting a new deal this year is feasible.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I'm not expecting them to get an extension done this season but if they did I doubt his cap number would change much. It might go up or down slightly but it would be an extension not a new deal.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll probably tag him and get a deal done by the deadline like we did w/ Ngata and Rice.

Also, anyone else planning to go to the open training camp at M&T Bank this year?
Old 07-17-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Franchising Flacco would cost $15 mil. if they don't agree to a deal. Even if they did tag him and sign him at the last second like we've seen the last two years there would be a lot of money tied up with that tage and they wouldn't have as much flexibility in free agency. If they tag him at all I hope it's with the transition tag but this is a deal I see getting done shortly before free agency starts.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll get him a deal either during the season or shortly afterwards. Everyone will freak out and say we overpaid, then we'll over rationalize it, and in 2 years the deals will look fine and we can all complain about the next most recent signed player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...Ever_Been.aspx

Ray Lewis is lighter then he was as a rookie. I believe he played at 230-235 as a rookie. Im wondering if that will be too light
Old 07-26-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

It shouldn't be, not in today's NFL. The team doesn't need Lewis taking on blockers either so I don't think it's a big issue. What he does need is to get some of his speed back and this might help a bit. Last season was the first time I think we've seen Lewis blatantly lose a step.