Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-13-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never used any mods on Skyrim. Not a huge mod fan, I guess.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I've never used any mods on Skyrim. Not a huge mod fan, I guess.
Whaaaaaat? If I could use mods, I'd go bananas.

Unlocked Dragonscale armor on my Argonian rogue! Totally torn on keeping my Nightingale armor or not! :/

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Whaaaaaat? If I could use mods, I'd go bananas.

Unlocked Dragonscale armor on my Argonian rogue! Totally torn on keeping my Nightingale armor or not! :/
I started my Paly last night... and then I realized how much I would miss out on the feel and overall atmosphere of the Thieves guild and Dark Brotherhood.

I think I am going to go back to my sneaky archer for my first full play through. I had over 100 hours logged on my last one but I switched to PC so now that is all gone.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I started my Paly last night... and then I realized how much I would miss out on the feel and overall atmosphere of the Thieves guild and Dark Brotherhood.

I think I am going to go back to my sneaky archer for my first full play through. I had over 100 hours logged on my last one but I switched to PC so now that is all gone.
Multiple characters, son! Miss sneaking right up on a guy and then slitting his throat? Play with your rogue. Wanna go apeshit on fools with magic? Play with your mage. Decide you wanna just go beserk and charge the enemy with swords a blazin'? Play with your warrior. It's great.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edit: Nevermind
Old 06-15-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to get to level 30 with this new character I started, I want to get my Ebony Mail damnit!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished setting up my XBox controller so I can play Morrowind with it. Wish me luck!
Old 06-15-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

I am going to crank out the hours tonight. I have decided to settle on my ROGUE like character until Dawnguard comes out.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 06-15-2012 at 04:20 PM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am going to crank out the hours tonight. I have decided to settle on my rouge like character until Dawnguard comes out.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Bahaha you're funny...
Old 06-15-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way BB/IBC, I decided on making a thief type character in the end. Rolled with a khajiit. I'm pretty sure my primary skills are short blade, sneak, security, speechcraft. Can't remember them all off the top of my head.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
By the way BB/IBC, I decided on making a thief type character in the end. Rolled with a khajiit. I'm pretty sure my primary skills are short blade, sneak, security, speechcraft. Can't remember them all off the top of my head.
That's a reasonable build. If you're not against hints, check out the spoiler:

Old 06-15-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

I'll check it out. I'm still trying to figure out how to repair stuff properly in this damn game.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'll check it out. I'm still trying to figure out how to repair stuff properly in this damn game.
There's an Armorer skill. You use Armorer Hammers to repair **** yourself or take to a Smith/Armorer and have them do it for gold.

Super beginner tip, if you're hard up for gold, start stealing **** from the "alleys" between buildings in Balmora. They have crates that don't have an owner, so it's not recognized as stealing. They usually have a few gold coins but occasionally soul gems and potions you can sell.

At that early in the game, take anything that isn't nailed down as long as it's worth more than it weighs and sell, sell, sell.

Reinvest it in some combat skill training so you'll level up and can take on bigger and badder foes. Join the Thieves Guild in town to get access to some trainers.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

There is another tip to steal from any merchant with out getting caught.

Although unless you ask Ill refrain because its kinda a glitch.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

I feel like I have spent more time trying to fix stupid Skyrim issues than playing today... bahh
Old 06-15-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

I ended up doing this, the dagger was actually sold in the pawn shop, not by the smith. Right now I'm just doing some random quests in Balmora, I've down 2 quests in both the Mages and Fighters Guild.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Whats your thoughts compared to Skyrim and Oblivion?

Also there is a pretty nice sword you can steal from a guards barracks in Balmora. Its in one of the corners of the town and is on a cabinet... Its was always one of the first things I got. Its a toughie though.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Nothing major so far, only played for like 5-6 hours. I do enjoy searching for your quests, and following the advice given to you instead of just following a waypoint, but it gets difficult at times. There are some minor things that threw me off, I was attacked by a Dark Brotherhood member while sleeping in the Fighters Guild, I specifically ran over to my guild members for some assistance but they just stood there and watched as I was attacked. I also find the characters move slightly slower than usual. So far I'm having fun though. I feel as if it is a more rich world.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Nothing major so far, only played for like 5-6 hours. I do enjoy searching for your quests, and following the advice given to you instead of just following a waypoint, but it gets difficult at times. There are some minor things that threw me off, I was attacked by a Dark Brotherhood member while sleeping in the Fighters Guild, I specifically ran over to my guild members for some assistance but they just stood there and watched as I was attacked. I also find the characters move slightly slower than usual. So far I'm having fun though. I feel as if it is a more rich world.
That right there is one of the biggest reasons I like it better. The Dark Brotherhood thing was a tack on for Tribunal. If you go there you get to 2 of the my favorite characters in Gaenor and Salas Valor.

High Ordinator armor is freaking amazing and the expansions are compelling story wise. Bloodmoon actually makes being a Werewolf bad ass.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Also there is a pretty nice sword you can steal from a guards barracks in Balmora. Its in one of the corners of the town and is on a cabinet... Its was always one of the first things I got. Its a toughie though.

Its in the east guard tower I guess. Also if you go to Ghost Gate you can grab yourself some nice Glass Armor which looks 100x better than in Oblivion or Skyrim.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Sweet baby Jesus...

ALSO!

If I had mod capabilities, the first thing I'd do would be to make it where when I was dual wielding, whenever I sheath my weapons they'd both criss cross across my back like this:

If my weapons criss crossed across my back, I'd be sooo happy.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Just found this for Skyrim you will be damn sure I am installing this mod.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

I'm just about half way done The Fighter's Guild, Mages Guild, and the Thieves Guild. Just started the Tribunal Expansion. I believe I'm level 15 right now.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

15 is a bit underleveled for Tribunal. You might be ok up through finding the Dark Brotherhood but you'll probably get your ass stomped by everything after that.

Plus, the Tribunal main quest is really a continuation of the main games main quest. You'll probably get a little more out of it if you wait.