Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 06-15-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default SEC Quarterbacks Early Impressions

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So you would draft Aaron Murray in the first round? Even though I'm a die hard UGA fan, but I wouldnt draft him that early. I would project him to have a Colt Mccoy type career.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

murray is a solid 3rd round guy, just like mccoy was
Old 07-18-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
I have to agree with this. His height hurts him a little at this point. If he measures 6'2 or better come combine time I think his stock will rise. I think he compares favorably to Russell Wilson in terms of his physical stature and playing style.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
So you would draft Aaron Murray in the first round? Even though I'm a die hard UGA fan, but I wouldnt draft him that early. I would project him to have a Colt Mccoy type career.
I do think he could move up with a good season. His deep ball accuracy is great. Wouldn't be surprised if someone takes a shot.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
A lot of people compare Murray to Brees but I think he is closer to McCoy. He's better in most aspects than McCoy, but he is still a long way from the Brees level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think barkley is MUCH more like brees than murray. Only short guys draw comparisons to brees, but barkley is shortish and the way he handles himself in the pocket, his arm, his mechanics is very brees-esque to me
Old 07-19-2012, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Master Exploder
Rookie

Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Aaron Murray is a great prospect. I try not to include personal biases, but he has a stronger arm than most think. Colt McCoy comparisons are entirely off. He's short and quick, that's about as far as that goes.

I think he has good tools and if he were 6'2-6'4, I think he'd be a consensus first rounder at this point, but he's going to measure under 6' tall. I'm 6'1 (official measurement) and I'm guessing that I'm about 2 inches taller than him whenever we're standing beside each other. I think he's going to be in the 5'11 range, which will undoubtedly damage his stock.

Other than that, he's a great QB prospect. I'd even argue that he's a better prospect than Matthew Stafford in quite a few areas.
Master Exploder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Exploder View Post
I think Aaron Murray is a great prospect. I try not to include personal biases, but he has a stronger arm than most think. Colt McCoy comparisons are entirely off. He's short and quick, that's about as far as that goes.

I think he has good tools and if he were 6'2-6'4, I think he'd be a consensus first rounder at this point, but he's going to measure under 6' tall. I'm 6'1 (official measurement) and I'm guessing that I'm about 2 inches taller than him whenever we're standing beside each other. I think he's going to be in the 5'11 range, which will undoubtedly damage his stock.

Other than that, he's a great QB prospect. I'd even argue that he's a better prospect than Matthew Stafford in quite a few areas.
Stafford is a better prospect then Murray and it isn't even close even though I know come draft time someone will argue that bc Murray put up better stats.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i was more comparing their draft stock as a solid 3rd round QB
Old 07-19-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing you didn't watch anything on Mettenberger? I love that you included AJ McCarron, I loved watching him this year, he certainly isn't the best QB in this class, and like you said I doubt he declares, but I think his Senior year he gets the chance to throw the ball more and becomes a lot more comfortable with himself as the guy at Alabama and could be a 2nd rounder. I think he will be nothing more than a game-manager at the next level, maybe with good coaching and an excellent roster around him he can be a playoff guy like Flacco, but I certainly think he can be a starter at the next level if he continues to progress.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Mettenburger has potential but has barely attempted any passes so we will learn alot more about him this year. I do think he has 1st round talent minus the off the field stuff
Old 07-19-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

When have you stood next to him?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Master Exploder
Rookie

Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stafford is a better prospect then Murray and it isn't even close even though I know come draft time someone will argue that bc Murray put up better stats.
I wasn't saying he was a better overall prospect, but I do think he is better in quite a few areas. I think he's a lot smarter at this point in time than Stafford was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
When have you stood next to him?
I'm a student at UGA and I'm friends with a few student-athletes who have granted me the luxury of going to a few social gatherings and even working out with him.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I wasn't saying he was a better overall prospect, but I do think he is better in quite a few areas. I think he's a lot smarter at this point in time than Stafford was.

I'm a student at UGA and I'm friends with a few student-athletes who have granted me the luxury of going to a few social gatherings and even working out with him.
I disasgree about Murray being smarter then Stafford bc when Stafford was a true soph the coaches trusted him to change any play he wanted to at the line of scrimmage. Last year Aaron Murray would have to look over to the sideline to change plays. He may not have everytime, but i know alot of the time he did.

I'm not saying Murray is dumb are anything, but I think you get a lot of sterotypes about QBs "weak arm, high football IQ" and " big arm, no football IQ".

Last edited by georgiafan : 07-19-2012 at 02:44 PM.
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Master Exploder
Rookie

Quote:
I disasgree about Murray being smarter then Stafford bc when Stafford was a true soph the coaches trusted him to change any play he wanted to at the line of scrimmage. Last year Aaron Murray would have to look over to the sideline to change plays. He may not have everytime, but i know alot of the time he did.

I'm not saying Murray is dumb are anything, but I think you get a lot of sterotypes about QBs "weak arm, high football IQ" and " big arm, no football IQ".
Maybe, I think it's still a hard argument to sell though. I feel like Matthew Stafford relied on his arm more often than Aaron Murray does. I haven't done extensive research or comparisons, this is just my opinion from watching every game of theirs on my own in real time.

I'm really just holding Murray in high regard in comparison to Stafford, not really trying to undermine Matthew at all. I just think Murray is a lot better than most realize, but I think he's gonna' get the Russell Wilson treatment when it's all said and done.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if Bray stays healthy, which he should, he's gonna blow up this year. Too many weapons on offense. He's also up to 220 finally, and from a lot of people around the program he's apparently taking a much bigger leadership role.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I think if Bray stays healthy, which he should, he's gonna blow up this year. Too many weapons on offense. He's also up to 220 finally, and from a lot of people around the program he's apparently taking a much bigger leadership role.

#Pray4Bray
Old 07-20-2012, 08:51 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am eager to see what Bray does. He has all the tools and I am hoping he can put it all together.

Also, if Tyler Wilson does really well this year considering all the drama surrounding the Arkansas program it should solidify his spot as a Top 5 pick IMO. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys somehow make a move for him as the eventual successor to Romo in the 2013 draft.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Wilson's stock is going to fall like a rock. He's losing three NFL receivers and the architecht of the offense he's excelled in for a season plus. not to mention, his head coach is a nutcase. He's a tough kid with good, not elite tools so he'll need to produce this year like he did last year, and I just don't see it happening.

BTW Shane, I can't understand why you would say coming out of the Petrino offense would be a negative for Wilson. Petrino was an NFL OC and head coach. As of last year, Arkansas ran one of the most NFL-influenced offenses in college football. If anything, Wilson will have an upper hand on guys like Thomas and Bray who will have more of a learning curve. Just because Brian Brohm was an epic flop doesn't mean his college system is to blame. Faulty reasoning like this is what pushed Aaron Rodgers down to the 24th pick.
MI_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

He's never produced a successful NFL QB when he's coached in college. HC or O-coordinator. It is a question. Plus, when you watch Arkansas play, you see how a lot of those WRs got open, lots of crosses combined with a down the field option in most cases, plenty of shotgun type snaps. It was built to prevent press coverage from being used. I heavily disagree that it was one of the most NFL-influenced offenses in CFB.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-20-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Buckeye View Post
I think Wilson's stock is going to fall like a rock. He's losing three NFL receivers and the architecht of the offense he's excelled in for a season plus. not to mention, his head coach is a nutcase. He's a tough kid with good, not elite tools so he'll need to produce this year like he did last year, and I just don't see it happening.

BTW Shane, I can't understand why you would say coming out of the Petrino offense would be a negative for Wilson. Petrino was an NFL OC and head coach. As of last year, Arkansas ran one of the most NFL-influenced offenses in college football. If anything, Wilson will have an upper hand on guys like Thomas and Bray who will have more of a learning curve. Just because Brian Brohm was an epic flop doesn't mean his college system is to blame. Faulty reasoning like this is what pushed Aaron Rodgers down to the 24th pick.
Arkansas lost 3 mid round WRs but it's not like any of them were superstars. I like Wilson alot, they have an experienced line returning as well as Cobi Hamilton at WR, Chris Gragg at TE and Knile Davis at RB who returns after missing last season. I think Wilson has a firm grasp of the playbook which I doubt Smith is going to change much.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
He's never produced a successful NFL QB when he's coached in college. HC or O-coordinator. It is a question. Plus, when you watch Arkansas play, you see how a lot of those WRs got open, lots of crosses combined with a down the field option in most cases, plenty of shotgun type snaps. It was built to prevent press coverage from being used. I heavily disagree that it was one of the most NFL-influenced offenses in CFB.
One, there aren't many successful NFL QBs, and producing one requires a lot of luck, especially when you're coaching at mid-level schools for much of your career.

At Arkansas, Wilson probably takes 65 percent of his snaps from under center. There are a bunch of personnel groupings and pre-snap formation shifts. Yes, the route combinations are simpler because college teams don't have the time to install their playbooks with as much sophistocation as the NFLers, but the general principles are that of a Coryell NFL offense.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Arkansas lost 3 mid round WRs but it's not like any of them were superstars. I like Wilson alot, they have an experienced line returning as well as Cobi Hamilton at WR, Chris Gragg at TE and Knile Davis at RB who returns after missing last season. I think Wilson has a firm grasp of the playbook which I doubt Smith is going to change much.
I think you'll be surprised by the impact of losing those three guys. Adams was a stud, and Jarius Wright was dynamic as well. It's hard to just move on from losing guys like that.

I know Smith and Bobby's brother Paul won't change much of the offense, but that is not the point. Smith is a flake, and his teams reflect it. Wilson will be put in worse situations this year, because the team won't respond to adversity well.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Buckeye View Post
I think you'll be surprised by the impact of losing those three guys. Adams was a stud, and Jarius Wright was dynamic as well. It's hard to just move on from losing guys like that.

I know Smith and Bobby's brother Paul won't change much of the offense, but that is not the point. Smith is a flake, and his teams reflect it. Wilson will be put in worse situations this year, because the team won't respond to adversity well.
Agree about Smith but think Scouts/Front Offices will be more interested to see how Wilson responds to the adversity. I don't really see him screwing up and causing his stock to fall like a rock.