Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-14-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I like the book and have zero interest in seeing that.
I have not read the book, but can already tell you that the movie is insulting to the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looked extremely boring by the trailers, so I didn't bother.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boring is the perfect word for it. Also just checked out Adventureland for the first time as well, and it was a bit long but other than that was a fun watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Madagascar 3 was good.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:40 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, i thought it was just solid. Wasn't really all that funny.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:29 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if movie studios are in such a bind these days for a general audience to accept a movie and also make a profit at the same time that it limits Hollywood's creativity in terms of what it can do. I heard that over the last two years over 96% of films that have been released on a wide scale have either been remakes or sequels. Folks are scared to take chances.

When you have movies like Transformers 2 making a boatload of money, technically it's a good business decision by the studios that produce the film, regardless of what people say...it makes them money. At the same time, it won't have the lasting power that people like to remember with their movies. But why would they care? The studios that is. Of course it depends on the genre of film that is being made.

It just seems like it might be difficult for these really big movies to either focus on characterization and action at the same time while being original and being backed by a studio in the hopes it makes money. Not saying it can't be done (Batman Begins), but these days in the microwave era where people just want their explosions or whatever, it seems like it might be really difficult. Has the general audience for movie-goers become dumber? At least in America? Where are we headed?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 06-15-2012 at 05:31 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
The Rum Diaries was a pretty awful movie.
i thought it had its moments, and it's hard to mess up Hunter Thompson, but it could've been a lot better. Not the best book to make a movie out of IMO is all.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Has the general audience for movie-goers become dumber? At least in America? Where are we headed?
Yes. Most people don't want to think during a film, they want sound and pictures to entertain their rotting brains and nothing more.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pre-production has stopped on Michael Bay's reboot of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise:

Quote:
Michael Bay's "Ninja Turtles" reboot has had rough sailing since its announcement. Whether it was negative fan fallout over the initial announcement of the Turtles being from an alien race, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" creator Peter Laird addressing the updated origin or Kevin Eastman's endorsement, the film has certainly garnered a cornucopia of media attention. However, it looks like the heroes in a half shell will have remain on their home planet for the time being as The Hollywood Reporter reveals Paramount Pictures has shut down the reboot, pushing the December 2013 release date to May 2014. THR reports the studio has laid off pre-production staff for an "indefinite" work stoppage.

The news comes after a number of notable film delays for Paramount following the release of box-office dud "Battleship," including "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" and Brad Pitt's "World War Z." "Ninja Turtles" is produced by Bay's Platinum Dunes with Jonathan Liebesman attached to direct a script written by Kevin Eastman and Andre Nemec.

"Kids are going to believe, one day, that these turtles do exist, when we are done with this movie," said Bay at the revelation of the Turtles' new origin. "These Turtles are from an alien race, and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely lovable."
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=39211

Quote:
Old 06-16-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So my friends and I are going to go see That's My Boy. After reading reviews, I hope we can find something else to watch. It looks to be almost as bad as Jack and Jill.

I wanna see Madagascar 3, but I doubt my friends want to go see that as much as I do. lol.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
So my friends and I are going to go see That's My Boy. After reading reviews, I hope we can find something else to watch. It looks to be almost as bad as Jack and Jill.

I wanna see Madagascar 3, but I doubt my friends want to go see that as much as I do. lol.
I wouldn't see either of those. I'd go Avengers/Prometheus/MIB 3.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I still need to see Men In Black III. I can't remember the last summer that was jammed packed full of high profile movies. Or rather, ones I thought looked cool and worth checking out. There is still Spider Man, The Expendables 2, Looper, The Bourne Legacy, and The Dark Knight Rises. I might even check out G.I. Joe just for the hell of it.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 06-16-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I still need to see MIB 3.
It is pretty much the definition of mediocrity.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
It is pretty much the definition of mediocrity.
Well I wasn't expecting a masterpiece (anyone should know that walking in especially when it's the third film in a franchise), but I hear it's better than the second. And I like Will Smith for the most part. Also Josh Brolin.

Quote:
Old 06-16-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I wasn't expecting a masterpiece (anyone should know that walking in especially when it's the third film in a franchise), but I hear it's better than the second. And I like Will Smith for the most part. Also Josh Brolin.
You may enjoy it. It was better than the second by a lot. It is not a bad movie, just not at all a good movie. I would have been pissed if I actually paid to see it.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/

I am very interested in this.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/

I am very interested in this.
I have heard only bad things. It has been delayed a bunch and I keep hearing the ****** it up. That said before hearing all of this I was really looking forward to it and I still have hope it will end up being very good.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I just found out it was being made today, so I have not had the proper amount of time to read all the bad crap.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** the haters, Prometheus was brilliant. I'll disregard the fact that the crew kept on taking their helmets off in a clearly dangerous area.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I still need to see Men In Black III. I can't remember the last summer that was jammed packed full of high profile movies. Or rather, ones I thought looked cool and worth checking out. There is still Spider Man, The Expendables 2, Looper, The Bourne Legacy, and The Dark Knight Rises. I might even check out G.I. Joe just for the hell of it.
One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Too bad GI Joe got pushed to March of 2013.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:33 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong.
Why wouldn't it belong in the list of movies I personally thought looked cool and were worth checking out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Too bad GI Joe got pushed to March of 2013.
Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Oh well. I still want to see Ted and/or Brave, so that is one less movie I'll see this year.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 06-17-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, That's My Boy was pretty meh to me. It had a few cheap laughs, but other than that, it was pretty meh and I feel like I got cheated out of 7 bucks.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:28 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Yeah, That's My Boy was pretty meh to me. It had a few cheap laughs, but other than that, it was pretty meh and I feel like I got cheated out of 7 bucks.
You only have yourself to blame.