Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 03-16-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like we signed Ced Griffin to a one year deal. It's funny because this morning I actually posted that he was the only real cb on the market id give a chance on a short term deal then i edited it wanting to do more research on his recovery.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some interesting rumors that the Skins are testing Niles Paul out at TE. He's already a phenomenal blocker and although initially undersized at 225, his strength is impressive and maybe they see he has the frame to add weight. He has some serious speed which could be the idea. Hernandez barely weighs 240 right?
Old 04-20-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Orakpowned
Rookie

Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.Orakpowned could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
Some interesting rumors that the Skins are testing Niles Paul out at TE. He's already a phenomenal blocker and although initially undersized at 225, his strength is impressive and maybe they see he has the frame to add weight. He has some serious speed which could be the idea. Hernandez barely weighs 240 right?
Just a reminder...Shannon Sharpe was 6'2" 228. :)
Old 04-21-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wanted to say I like the Ced Griffin signing. A good player at a good price.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skeptical how Paul can hold up as a tight end, should be fun to watch in camp though.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:12 AM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

400 posts! Yeee-Haw!!

Among many other UDFAs, the Skins signed Minnesota CS Chase Minnifield, son of former Browns Pro Bowl CB Frank Minnifield, & Alabama WR Darius Hanks:

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-foo..._darius00.html
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im hoping armstrong gets out of the dog house.. learns how to run short/intermediate routes and used his YAC to good use in this offense. i love anthony and think hes explosive. but so far all he can do is go deep and get over top of the coverage.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

things looking good early for chase minnifield:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...positive-impr/
Old 06-14-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams fan here.

As ya'll probably know the Rams signed Rocky McIntosh today to play OLB in our 4 - 3 defense.

What can you all tell me about him as a player? What are his strengths and weaknesses?

Also, was it because he did not fit your 3 - 4 that he was not resigned? I seem to recall last year he was a starter then he was benched...

At any rate I certainly appreciate any info ya'll can share!!
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, much better fit for a 4-3. Pretty solid all around player, not much of a pass rusher but he's probably an above average 4-3 OLB. Good in run support. Not flashy, won't make big plays. Actually wasn't that bad in 2010 playin ILB in the 3-4. I think he's going to turn 30 however this year. Fairly good signing IMO, not much risk involved.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:36 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Think that Cooley is going to have to really show something during training camp/preseason if he wants to stay on this team. I know his knee, hammy, and groin have been issues all offseason so far at different times.

"-Mike Shanahan has no concerns about Niles Paul's ability to develop into a passing-game weapon as a tight end: "I had Shannon Sharpe, and I also had Byron Chamberlain, Billy Miller, Desmond Clark… I've had a lot of wide receivers that have been tight ends that have wound up playing at a very high level," Shanahan told me. "And this kid is faster than all of them. He's probably as physical as any receiver I've ever been around. You watch him as a gunner on the punt team. And defensive backs, I don't care whether it's a safety or a corner, they can't slow him down. He's under a 4.5 (40-yard dash time) guy. There aren't too many tight ends at 235 pounds who can run like that.""
Old 07-30-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dynasty begins here.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Godbert Griffin obviously beginning to take over the league last night
Old 08-26-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so conflicted on the skill position race. All four should be on the roster. I think Alfred Morris has to make the roster, he's so perfect for our system and is that physical runner we need. Helu obviously needs to be there even though he's made of glass, he has the speed and gamebreaking ability we need, our best receiving back. If we can't carry all 4's RB's I'd rather keep Hightower than Royster even though I've loved Royster even since he was in high school. Hightower just serves more of a purpose if healthy. He is our best pass protector and will help save Griffin, and he also has good hands and has been a short yardage TD monster since he entered the league. Royster is just a kind of a jack of all trades master of none. I'll take the power of Morris, the speed of Helu, and the veteran all around game of Hightower. I think if you put Morris on the practice squad he gets scooped up quick by someone else.
The WR race however is even more crowded. Garcon and Josh Morgan are locks. Santana and Hankerson are 95% locks although personally I just don't like Hankerson too much and eventually see him getting cut in a year or two after underachieving. So that's already 4 WR's. I do think we carry 6 WR's but everything depends on what we do with Banks. Personally I feel like we need to keep Banks, he's just so much of a difference maker as a returner.

So that leaves the following guys fighting for 1-2 spots:

Anthony Armstrong
Terrence Austin
Dezmon Briscoe
Aldrick Robinson

Tough one here, if we keep Banks it's really hard to choose one of them, if we have 2 spots for these guys I'd go with Briscoe and Robinson. Briscoe a guy I like more than Hankerson I'd love to see on the roster because I believe he gives us that big target we need. It will be interesting thought to see if he makes the cut. Between Armstrong, Robinson, and Austin it's hard to decide. Austin is probably the easiest to say he will be left out even though I have had high hopes for him and he does have potential. With Armstrong vs Robinson it's production vs potential. Armstrong has proven to be a great deep threat and make big plays. Robinson though I feel has so much untapped potential.

It will also be interesting to see Paulsen vs Paul. Niles has made stride in his transition and the coaches seem to be leaning towards his upside plus he can return kick offs. The issue for me is having Paul, Davis, and Cooley as your 3 TE's is bad considering none can block.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

So, Alfred Morris is pretty much Terrell Davis. He's the only healthy back right now as well so you're gonna need him to start week 1 possibly. Helu has a lot of upside as well so you keep him. I'd probably lean more towards Royster over Hightower because of age/mileage at this point but probably not a big deal.

Regarding WRs...I don't need Banks honestly, even though I do like him. Robinson can return kicks and is a much better WR. Armstrong doesn't bring anything that we can't get from someone else so he's gone as well. I'm keeping Robinson/Briscoe before Banks. If there's room after that than I'd keep him.

I think Paul will make the team...the decision on Cooley will be interesting though.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:03 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is scary only carrying 4 corners, Deangelo, Josh Wilson who is injury prone, Cedric Griffin who is a scrub, and a Rookie in Crawford. That's scary, need another CB ASAP. I saw Chris Carr got cut we should scoop him up he'd definitely jump to #3 on the depth chart.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

I loved what I saw from Crawford but I agree we need to find a way to trade for some secondary maybe. Merriweather is out 2-4 weeks too.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

RGIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-09-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
RGIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a debut!!!! Finally, a QB Redskin fans can have faith in. Once he gets some more experience we'll see how good an OC Kyle is.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
MY BOY RG3! God I loved him so much coming out. I'm glad he lit it up.. I knew he would. I hate you guys for having him but god is he fun to watch. I'm a part time Skins fan now, hope you guys don't mind. :D

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Get on board before the wagon gets too full!
Old 09-09-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey I was on the RG3 bandwagon a year ago! God I wanted him so bad in KC. Damn you Shanahan, you sly bastard.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Browns fans gotta be furious after watching weeden today
Old 09-09-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I'm furious watching Weeden, no starting QB should be that bad, plus he's a few years away from collecting on social security.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a debut boys!!!! HAIL!!

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote