Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3-4.
Nothing better confuses QB's than good disguised 3-4.
but stud NT's are not particuarly easy to come by, especially those that command a damn near triple team.
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:19 AM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
"Organized Chaos" is the best defense there is!!!
Im curious where that nickname came from because I was watching the America's game for the 85 bears and Singeltary described the 46 Bear's D as "organized chaos" also.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:21 AM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

aggressive and probs 4-3 but i like 3-4 to
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:01 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3-4 with speedly LBers. That would be the best D.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:21 AM    (permalink
Handel
Veteran

Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.

3-4. With one more LB, you can do a lot of things. -

Thanks to BoneKrusher
Handel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
A big misconception is that the 4-3 is better against the run.

Ive posted before, if you compare body mass of the front 7, the 3-4 is actually thicker and more stoute against the run.

Statistics back this up as well.
True. Also, if you break it down:

in a 3-4, it's essentially 3 guys who could play 4-3 DT, and 2 guys who can play 4-3 DE. So it really is almost a 5-2.

I think part of the reason for the recent dominance of the 3-4 is because not a lot of teams run it, and guys like NTs and DEs were slipping further in the draft than they would have if there was an even amount of 3-4 teams. With more 3-4 teams, this trend will probably stop, making it much more difficult to have a good 3-4 defense, since there are only so many nose tackles to go around, and that's the most important position by far. We're probablygonna see more Atlanta's and Houstons(when they ran 3-4) than another New England, Pitt, or SD anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

NotoRussell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

3-4 and let the ROLB, like Joe Porter, blitz all day.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

actually from recent games ive played on NCAA...5-2

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
Im curious where that nickname came from because I was watching the America's game for the 85 bears and Singeltary described the 46 Bear's D as "organized chaos" also.
I believe it came from Buddy Ryan, Rex's father and DC of the 85 Bears.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like our Ravens Hybrid (4-6 & 3-4).
Old 04-14-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always been a 4-3 guy because I believe that a dominant d-line that can control the trenches is gonna help you win more games than not.

That said, I've been coming around to the 3-4 as of late. I think the trend of which defense is the most dominant fluctuates a lot based on the trends at the college level. The current trend in college is to use undersized, but fast and athletic, players at DE. These players translate well to 3-4 OLB's which directly relates to the success of that scheme. In the past the trend was for larger DE's at the college level which directly benefited teams running the 4-3 in the NFL. Since, in general, large bodies are harder to come by, it's probably in a teams best interest to run a 3-4 because the personnel is more readily available.

Really though, it's pretty futile to argue which scheme is more dominant since each is dependant on the talent of the players within it and the coaches ability to scheme. I think the future of the league will be more teams using hybrid defenses like the Ravens & Patriots, thanks to the increasing versatility of players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I could have the 'ideal' unit, of either, or, I would take the 4-3.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the 3-4... It's just so damn sexy... and it goes more ways since you have more linebackers...

Tough call though, since it really depends who you have in place.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Tough call though, since it really depends who you have in place.
It is a question of preference. No side can truly be 'right,' per say.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To understand which front is best, you have to look at the best personel currently playing those sets.

4-3

LE - Julius Peppers
UT - Tommie Harris
NT - John Henderson
RE - Dwight Freeney

WLB - Keith Bullock
MLB - Brian Urlacher
SLB - D.J. Williams

3-4
DE - Richard Seymour
NT - Jamal Williams
DE - Ty Warren

WLB - Shawne Merriman
LILB - James Farrior
RILB - Ray Lewis
SLB - Adalius Thomas

After comparing the two, it's just a matter of taste.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
they type of defense that is the best is

The Ravens Defense (should be in it's own category)
It does have its own category, Organized chaos.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
4-3 zone defense
99 or 02 Bucs D, just loved it. We were TOOOO fast!!!
Old 04-14-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3-4 b/c then u can have one LB Blitz and the other three in coverage
________
Anal painful

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 05-10-2011 at 07:51 PM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

cover 2 thats what

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Packer#50

I like the 4-3 Cover 2 Man defense that the Packers run. The 4-3 is easier to get players for. Also 3-4 teams do not get the pass rush 4-3 teams do. Although with the right players both schemes are very good.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Packer#50

The 4-3 Cover 2 Man is basically the same defense the 70s Steelers used and what the 90s Dallas Cowboys used under Jimmy Johnson.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Packer#50

Does anyone know how to make a sig with Brett Favre, A.J. Hawk, and Aaron Kampman on it. I would greatly appreciate it if someone told me how!

Last edited by Packer#50 : 04-14-2007 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Packer#50

Personally, I think the most dominant defense ever was the Ravens' defense in 2000. The defense dominated every game. It was just unbeleivable.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Woah buddy spamming us out? 8)

To make the sigs you have to get Photoshop.
I suggest pirating it.
I will send you a tutorial on how to do that... :)
Anyways I agree in modern era football, the kind of football that has taken everything away from defenses, the Ravens were the best in 2000.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Packer#50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
Woah buddy spamming us out? 8)

To make the sigs you have to get Photoshop.
I suggest pirating it.
I will send you a tutorial on how to do that... :)
Anyways I agree in modern era football, the kind of football that has taken everything away from defenses, the Ravens were the best in 2000.
Thanks a lot, man!