Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'd rather wait because it's going to be a pain to sift through every position. I'd like to just stick to the 2 at a time.
Oh so I'm suppose to just send QBs and S now?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's correct.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Peyton Manning
5. Eli Manning
6. Cam Newton
7. Ben Roethlisberger
8. Michael Vick
9. Matt Stafford
10. Tony Romo
1) Aaron Rodgers, Brady is on the downside of his career, in his prime, he would lead this list but not now.
2) Tom Brady, still very dangerous but now a notch below Rodgers.
3) Drew Brees, pretty close between the top 3 anyways.
4) Eli Manning, 2 rings from a QB who is extremely tough in close games.
5) Ben Rothlisberger, 2 rings from an offense that now lacks offensive might.
6) Peyton Manning, who is he now, until he answers that question, it is hard to put him any higher. He is clearly on the downside of his career and could easily prove to be less than what he once was.
7) Matt Stafford, has a very good shot at matching Rodgers career but people still think of Detroit as well 'Detroit'. They are however, a serious threat to win the Super Bowl next year.
8) Cam Newton, his career is all ahead of him and he could top this list in a few years but he isn't there just yet.
9) Michael Vick, IMO, I will want to see this year whether or not he is still the same quality player he once was. I think he has lost a step but he is certainly able to prove me wrong if he still can.
10) Phillip Rivers, he plays for a rotten HC but he got his wish and the team retained Norv Turner after Rivers fought hard to keep him. He is quite capable of ranking much higher on this list but I doubt he ever makes it as long as Turner is his HC.
11) Tony Romo, I only list him to make a point. He is the most overrated QB in the NFL and will never lead Dallas to even the playoffs. If leadership and performance in clutch situations, are the most important qualities of a QB, Romo scores at the bottom of the NFL starting QB's and isn't even deserving of the #11 spot.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can't wait til the MLB's.

will you release the lists? you know, because I'm putting chase blackburn at number 1 and trolling the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quarterbacks.
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Stafford
Ben Rothlesburger
Eli Manning
Cam Newton
Matt Schaub
Mike Vick

Safeties.
Troy Polamalu
Jarious Byrd
Adrian Wilson
Eric Berry
Ed Reed
Earl Thomas
Louis Delmas
Eric Weddle
Tyvon Branch
Donte Whitner

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sent my PM in.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I'm going to release them Friday night and then we have the weekend to discuss everything. So far we're getting a decent amount of lists but some of the big hitters haven't sent anything yet. I think it's good to leave this open for 3 or 4 days so we have enough time for everyone to send a list in.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-18-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sent my QB list, but I didn't do S. I think that position is just damn near impossible for fans to evaluate.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea I'm going to release them Friday night and then we have the weekend to discuss everything. So far we're getting a decent amount of lists but some of the big hitters haven't sent anything yet. I think it's good to leave this open for 3 or 4 days so we have enough time for everyone to send a list in.
Ill help you send out some PMs if you want. We dont want to miss valuable opinions on this especially since its dead season as it is.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMyJob View Post
this thread is called "NFLDC Positional Top 10 Lists"

not "tjsunstein and Pals Positional Top 10 Lists"

In all fairness, you had 6 posts at the time of my original thread post in Oct and 55 when it was brought up again in May. Not to mention about 80% of your posts are pictures, I'm sorry you took offense to my selective approach but try to prove your posts have some substance before you rip it.

Last edited by tjsunstein : 06-18-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sent in my QB list this morning, I'll have my S one in by Friday.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post

will you release the lists? you know, because I'm putting chase blackburn at number 1 and trolling the world

Is it trolling if it's true?

And I'd really like to believe I'm going to submit these lists, I really would, but...I'm lazy. I'll try.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
And I'd really like to believe I'm going to submit these lists, I really would, but...I'm lazy. I'll try.
I typed up my answers to BeerBaron's Offseason PM. I still have it saved on my desktop. Did I send it to him? No. Did I post it in the thread? No.

If being lazy was a sport, I'd be MVP.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

A top 10 list takes 5 minutes. Come on do it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-18-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Is it trolling if it's true?
Have I told you how much I love you lately?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I typed up my answers to BeerBaron's Offseason PM. I still have it saved on my desktop. Did I send it to him? No. Did I post it in the thread? No.

If being lazy was a sport, I'd be MVP.
I've always got **** to do. But there are times in which I'm just on a roll and will keep doing **** once the work is gone, as I did with those questions from BB.

Quote:
A top 10 list takes 5 minutes. Come on do it.
I SAID I'LL TRY. God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Have I told you how much I love you lately?

Yes, but it's always nice to hear. <3.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. Peyton Manning
5. Eli Manning
6. Phillip Rivers
7. Ben Roethlisberger
8. Tony Romo
9. Jay Cutler
10. Matthew Stafford
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Peyton Manning
5. Eli Manning
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Philip Rivers
8. Matt Stafford
9. Jay Cutler
10. Tony Romo

Working on Safety right now. I'm having a difficult time coming up with a top 10. It should be interesting to see what everybody comes up with.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
In all fairness, you had 6 posts at the time of my original thread post in Oct and 55 when it was brought up again in May. Not to mention about 80% of your posts are pictures, I'm sorry you took offense to my selective approach but try to prove your posts have some substance before you rip it.
yes, it was a joke. i thought the tyrannosaur was a pretty good indication that the post was intended to be humorous.

i don't take offense to your exclusionary approach, but you have to admit that calling it "NFLDC Positional Top 10 Lists" when you exclude more than 90% of the people on the boards is a bit silly. :D

as for the pictures i post, when there's as much discussion going on in "The Funny Picture Thread" as there is, you need as many funny picture posters as you can get!

anyway, should we post our lists in this thread as well so we can all ridicule each others crappy picks or keep it strictly PM?
Old 06-18-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Please PM the lists. Any list that isn't a PM will NOT count.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-18-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sent mine in! Boosh!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Off of last year:

QB
1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Eli Manning
4. Drew Brees
5. Peyton Manning*
6. Matt Stafford
7. Cam Newton
8. Ben Roethlisberger
9. Tony Romo
10. Michael Vick

Please hate all you want, Tom Brady > Rodgers and it showed when teams began to play them man up where Rodgers wasn't as accurate to the sideline. Brady was working with very little at receiver but two very good TE's. Eli, whether people want to admit it or not, was a top 5 QB last year, and while Brees was great, he really showed his limitations as a passer versus San Fran.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Edit: never mind.

Last edited by WCH : 06-18-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We're doing pretty well so far with a lot more lists coming in on QB over S.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-18-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

I think I know where this is going with Rodgers vs. Brady. Ugh, gotta get my fingers ready.