Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-22-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
-Comparisons to Studio 60 (which wasn't good, no matter what you and GF say)
-More Sorkin full of himself, with hatred on the Internet and THIS GENERATION SUCKS ****
-Retroactively reporting stories, which sounds awful beyond belief
-Jeff Daniels= Sorkin, not an actual complex character

I was really excited, but reading **** like this puts me off totally.
It really does. I'm trying to not get too far into the bad reviews, but that is just something I can't get over.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Why not watch it and judge it for yourself Corey? It might be as bad as you think but it might not be. I don't think it will be nearly as bad as you think it will be but I'm a huge Sorkin fan boy and I know that.

I'm still going to give it a shot.

And something to remember, a show can evolve from the first three episodes (or however many people have seen) to being a very different show. Hell, Parks and Rec wasn't very good in its entire first SEASON but they definitely turned that one around.
There is a huge difference here: Michael Schur is willing to adapt, change and admit his mistakes. Sorkin is not, which is why he goes off on anyone that criticizes him. I like a lot of his work (what I've seen of West Wing, Sports Night, Social Network), but when he doesn't have someone to control what he's doing (Studio 60), he is the problem.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well then I guess don't watch it? If you're willing to watch or not watch a show based on what someone else tells you then I dunno what to say.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I plan on giving it a chance as well. I will check out reviews but I find that many reviewers often have their own agendas so I don't put too much stock into them. I like watching and forming my own opinion.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I almost never read reviews but I've been reading some for the last half hour and the funny thing is, these reviews could have been applied directly to the first four or five episodes of The West Wing and no one would bat an eye.

I'll still watch the show and judge it for myself like I usually do.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well then I guess don't watch it? If you're willing to watch or not watch a show based on what someone else tells you then I dunno what to say.
I hate this argument. You want to know why critics, on the whole, are generally right? Here's some of the most critically praised shows...

Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Game of Thrones
Community
Parks and Rec
Arrested Development
The Wire

Here's some of the most critically panned shows...

Two and a Half Men
According to Jim
Whitney
The Killing

On the whole, it pretty much evens out that when a show gets panned to ******* death, it's not good. I watch plenty of shows that aren't exactly praised to death by critics (Supernatural, Revenge, Psych, present day Office, True Blood), but none of them are trashed like this.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-22-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

So don't watch it.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Screw you all!! Newsroom will be very good to amazing just like everything else Sorkin has ever done. Critics are just looking to get on Sorkin for something.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
So don't watch it.
I'm just saying being dismissive of critical reviews is stupid.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-22-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I never said I was dismissive, I said I decide for myself and you said that since you read negative reviews you're no longer excited to watch it. That's fine. So don't watch it.

Again, I will decide for myself whether or not I like a show, I won't let other people tell me to like it or not.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

You're entitled to that, and I'll give it the same chance. I hope it's good, I still think it has some chance because the cast is too damn good to be in a bad show.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-22-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I find Sorkin to be preachy in his writing sometimes too, but his good (for me) outweighs the bad by a lot.

I hope it's good too. TV is so boring without a Sorkin show on it.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I find Sorkin to be preachy in his writing sometimes too, but his good (for me) outweighs the bad by a lot.

I hope it's good too. TV is so boring without a Sorkin show on it.
I hate him as a human being, and his Television Without Pity argument makes him look absolutely ridiculous. But I agree somewhat, I guess...except the last point. TV is boring without Breaking Bad around.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-22-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I hate him as a human being, and his Television Without Pity argument makes him look absolutely ridiculous. But I agree somewhat, I guess...except the last point. TV is boring without Breaking Bad around.
As a person I think he's a prick, but he can write, so I forgive him for that.

And yeah, I'm totally ready for Breaking Bad to come back.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nobody misses Kate, stop lying.
Intervention on your illiteracy

I said I missed Sawyer saying freckles...ass

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brodeur hates LOST. Ignore him.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

No I don't, I hate Kate.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-22-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No I don't, I hate Kate.
You're a Jack man. I know.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WE HAVE TO GO BACK!

#TeamSawyer

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure the blonde chick in Season 1 of Suits is my future wife. I love that woman. Seriously, love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't pay much attention to television critics, personally. We're talking about a medium that mostly involves 18-22 minute episodes with 8-12 minutes of commercials and filler. It's not like these guys are breaking down The Tempest.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just found out I live on the same street as Aubrey Plaza grew up on!

sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I just found out I live on the same street as Aubrey Plaza grew up on!

I graduated from the exact university, with the exactly the same degree as Hugh Jackman. My future is bright.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I graduated from the exact university, with the exactly the same degree as Hugh Jackman. My future is bright.
yeah I'll probably be an actor now, too
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote