Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-23-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm genuinely surprised that the Avalanche drafted a Center taller than 5'11", kid's 6'2" no less. Guess our scouts hadn't heard about his growth spurt.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You also re-upped Duchene. 2 years, $7 million. Time for a bounce back year, I would hope.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People keep saying Parise to Pittsburgh.

Who the **** is going to prevent 8 goals per game from going in the Penguins' net again next postseason? lolz
Old 06-23-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vokoun will do that.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Vokoun will play quite a bit this year so MAF isn't so tired. Suter or Parise could be a Pens target and I'm OK with either one of them. I'd want Parise more because he and Crosby will be the sex.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NHL should just eliminate Edmonton. Having the #1 pick three years in a row is just disturbing.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
The NHL should just eliminate Edmonton. Having the #1 pick three years in a row is just disturbing.
Having a lottery makes this possible. Columbus "deserved" the pick for being so hopelessly bad.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone talk to me about Matthew Dumba.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Someone talk to me about Matthew Dumba.
I like the kid. The main thing you'll hear about him is how he wrecks people in the open ice. He provides excitement all over. Tons of passion, great ability. Not huge and there are no guarantees with him, but I'd be very glad to have him.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I didn't really dislike that Edmonton team last year. Just inexperienced and missing a few pieces. If they get a full season from Hall and RNH, I think they'll be a pretty good team this year. They should also be doing everything possible to sign Justin Schultz.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I like the kid. The main thing you'll hear about him is how he wrecks people in the open ice. He provides excitement all over. Tons of passion, great ability. Not huge and there are no guarantees with him, but I'd be very glad to have him.
The fact that he's only 180 pounds and his main skill is his hitting has me worried. I've heard him compared to Phaneuf/Scott Stevens but it doesn't seem like he has the frame to play like that in the NHL. I suppose he is still 17 and has plenty of time to fill out.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
You also re-upped Duchene. 2 years, $7 million. Time for a bounce back year, I would hope.
Yeah, I like it. He's still an RFA after the deal and sets a good mark for other kids to take fair offers rather than holding out for every penny the way Doughty did last year.

Greg from Accounting has done a good job in contract negotiations so far, even though HF is convinced that in a world where even a 50/50 split in the new CBA would leave the cap over 60 mil, 4 million is way too much for one of the better second tier FA wingers. A guy who has 47 goals over the last two seasons despite getting shuffled around a lot this season, still recovering his speed, being a strong PKer and having great chemistry with Staz.

I'm not too worried about Duchene yet, he does the same thing Erik Johnson sometimes does, and that's put too much pressure on himself to do everything on his own when things aren't going great. That's why he starts seasons slowly and forces things so much early in the season. Last year was just a perfect storm of bad juju for Matty cause right as he was rounding into form Sacco moved him onto Stastny's wing, and then once Sacco moved him back to his natural Center position he got hurt. Despite all of that he was still our leading goal scorer at the point of his injury. He played like crap when he came back, but he clearly wasn't fully healthy, even before his second injury.

What I did like was that him and Mueller showed that they still had good chemistry, even though neither of them had the legs to be really dangerous. If both are able to get healthy and get their stamina back I expect a lot from them, especially if Downie ends up being the third man on that line. I know I'm homer but I'm really excited about the Avs forward depth.

McGinn-Stastny-Jones
Landeskog-O'Reilly-Duke
Mueller-Duchene-Downie
Highlander-???-Olver/Kobascrew/Malone

Need to figure out the 4th line center spot, but that's 3 good scoring lines that are also good on their own end of the ice.

Even the D is looking pretty good if we can get a top pairing LHD in FA.
???-Johnson
Hejda-O'Byrne/Barrie
Gaunce-Wilson/O'Byrne

If the Avs get lucky and sign Suter or Garrison I'm going to be feeling really good about our playoff prospects, and that experience will be invaluable to our youngins.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 06-23-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Wings draft. Martin Frk plays with a lot of emotion and Andreas Anthanasiou has an incredible amount of skill. Rasmus Bodin looks like a classic Hakan Andersson pick
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I didn't really dislike that Edmonton team last year. Just inexperienced and missing a few pieces. If they get a full season from Hall and RNH, I think they'll be a pretty good team this year. They should also be doing everything possible to sign Justin Schultz.
With the way Hall plays, I'm not sure he'll ever give any team a full season. :-/ He's got a little Forsberg in him that way, he just plays too hard for his body to handle it.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-23-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
I like the Wings draft. Martin Frk plays with a lot of emotion and Andreas Anthanasiou has an incredible amount of skill. Rasmus Bodin looks like a classic Hakan Andersson pick
People on HF boards are really excited to see how Bodin turns out. From what they are saying he has some skill, can skate, and is 6'6...hell of a gamble on a 7th rounder.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I really thought they were going to be able to sneak into that 8 seed last year before the season started.

This year you would think they have to start sniffing the playoffs, or tank for Seth Jones.

They have offensive pieces in Hall, RHN, Eberle, and Gagner.

The defensive end leaves much to be desired though.

Prospects that I have hopes for are Magnus Paarjavi, Teemu Hartkikainen, Toni Rajala, Oscar Klefbom, David Musil, and of course Nail!

Hope to get a solid #1 goalie out of either Tyler Bunz, Olivier Roy, or Same Perhonen.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Best draft in forever.
Montreal did a fantastic job.

I really like Galchenyuk, Thrower, Collberg, and Bozon.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

L schenn to Philly for JvR. Another pair of brothers reunited
Old 06-23-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
L schenn to Philly for JvR. Another pair of brothers reunited
Both Schenn in Philly now?

Was JVR just not what Philly had wanted?

Old 06-23-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather have JVR if I were the Flyers.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Ewwwww. Lame.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poop...would have liked to have seen Schenn with Carlyle for more than what we saw. Oh well, I would have added and tried to get Simmonds coming back.

I like getting Finn though.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mehhhh on that trade. I always liked JVR. Now I'm bummed.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's awesome that there could be 3 brothers playing on the same team. Jared needs to get his **** together.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

We need NHL brothers Power Rankings.

The Kostitsyns
The Staals
The Schenns
The Millers
The Koivus
The Sedins

Who else?