Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-23-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should make that a stipulation of his sentencing that he spend his time in gen pop. Personally, I would send him to Em City.

This would be his cell mate:

Last edited by Ngatachance92 : 06-23-2012 at 07:55 AM.
Ngatachance92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:49 AM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Put him in with the "popular" crowd.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
At least this gives some closure to the people involved in all of this. At least Penn State and all of Happy Valley can move on. Btw, good luck Bill O'Brien.
This is closure for justice on Sandusky.

This case is far from over for PSU and the people at PSU that covered it up.

I'm not kidding when I say damages that PSU has to pay to Sandusky's victims that were raped after 2001 could be in the 9 figure range. Hundred's of millions because the most powerful at the school did nothing to stop the guy even though they knew he was committing these crimes. They didn't even ban him from campus.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
This is closure for justice on Sandusky.

This case is far from over for PSU and the people at PSU that covered it up.

I'm not kidding when I say damages that PSU has to pay to Sandusky's victims that were raped after 2001 could be in the 9 figure range. Hundred's of millions because the most powerful at the school did nothing to stop the guy even though they knew he was committing these crimes. They didn't even ban him from campus.
Joe Paterno tried to ban him only to be denied by Spanier, because JS was no longer an employee of the university at te time. Penn State Will not be the ones paying the victims, that will be Sandusky.

I'm glad that he was found guilty and will be spending the rest of his life in prison. I can only hope that the aftermath is not as roug as November and the past week have been

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Last edited by Santonio10 : 06-23-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact is apparently that he was raping kids on campus right up until the past few years, even after he was no longer "an employee." The school knew he was hanging around.

That looks pretty bad for PSU.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santonio10 View Post
Joe Paterno tried to ban him only to be denied by Spanier, because JS was no longer an employee of the university at te time. Penn State Will not be the ones paying the victims, that will be Sandusky.

I'm glad that he was found guilty and will be spending the rest of his life in prison. I can only hope that the aftermath is not as roug as November and the past week have been
Dude, you drink a lot of blue flavored Kool-Aid.

PSU is on the hook for at least tens, and if I'm right, hundreds of millions of dollars.

The President and CFO said in an email that it wouldn't be "humane" to turn Jerry in. Humane to turn in a pedophile homosexual rapist. That raped a kid in the football team's lockerroom shower. And likely raped a lot more there as well.

He had an office on CAMPUS up until last year. He had a PSU phone number. He had free and clear access to the football facilities and the rest of campus. He had a luxury box to the games, including this last season!

PSU is extremely culpable here.

Could you point me to the source where it says JoePa tried to ban Jerry from campus?

It might be in the grand jury testimony, but I couldn't read it all. It alternated from giving me tired head to making me want to puke. Not fun reading.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pretty much agree with all JJB's posts on this matter.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude, you drink a lot of blue flavored Kool-Aid.

PSU is on the hook for at least tens, and if I'm right, hundreds of millions of dollars.

The President and CFO said in an email that it wouldn't be "humane" to turn Jerry in. Humane to turn in a pedophile homosexual rapist. That raped a kid in the football team's lockerroom shower. And likely raped a lot more there as well.

He had an office on CAMPUS up until last year. He had a PSU phone number. He had free and clear access to the football facilities and the rest of campus. He had a luxury box to the games, including this last season!

PSU is extremely culpable here.

Could you point me to the source where it says JoePa tried to ban Jerry from campus?

It might be in the grand jury testimony, but I couldn't read it all. It alternated from giving me tired head to making me want to puke. Not fun reading.
Sure PSU will owe them a lot of money if they are found to have covered it up. Right now, there isn't enough evidence to support the cover up theory, it's as simple as that. You really think that if Curley, Spanier and Schultz knew that he was a pedophile that they would let him roam free on campus? Doesn't make sense to me.

It all comes down to what McQueary told them when he met with them after the shower incident. He's changed his story so many times now that it's really hard to know what the hell he told them.

BoneKrusher

Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Old 06-23-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You really think that if Curley, Spanier and Schultz knew that he was a pedophile that they would let him roam free on campus? Doesn't make sense to me.
I agree with you it doesn't make sense, but let me offer something that makes just as little sense.

In 1999, Jerry Sandusky (54) retired from coaching football. The man he was to replace, Joe Paterno (71), was at retirement age and even if he didn't retire there were numerous schools that would normally line up for his services. Jerry Sandusky built the defense that won two national titles (82, 86). He was the defensive coach at LB U...

At his retirement ceremony, Joe Paterno, a friend of 30 years, spoke for a very short period and left shortly after speaking. What happened that Joe Paterno didn't want to be associated with him?

Isn't that equally odd? It really doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe that's the wrong question to ask. Maybe the question is simpler. Why was he retiring and why was no one else pursuing him? The answer (in my opinion) is also simple. In 1999, he was told he would not be the next head coach at Penn State and in 1998, Jerry Sandusky was (first) accused of "misconduct" with an underage male.

Simply connecting the dots, one has to believe that Penn State (or someone) knew that Jerry Sandusky was toxic in 1998. What does "toxic" mean? I don't know, but I find it hard to believe that Jerry Sandusky was doing a lot of "bad" things. (more bad things = more likely to get caught). It was more likely that he was molesting children at that point than anything else.

Whatever they knew or didn't know, they knew enough to know that there was a problem and that Sandusky wasn't the man they wanted leading a football program with an aging coach (who knew he'd coach another 13 years?).

It's also very interesting how little interest for his services cropped up after his "retirement" in 1999. I'm not saying that everyone knew he was raping boys, but I do think people outside of PSU knew he was a screwed up person.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

I've heard that JoePa was upset with JS because he was spending a lot more time with the Second Mile which was interfering with his coaching duties so JoePa suggested taking the retirement package, since he was qualified for it. JS had everything he wanted for his horribly disgusting crimes, so why wouldnt he retire? Why would he go anywehere else if he had everything right there? If Joe knew he was a pedophile, he wouldn't have had him around. I can say that with confidence. Maybe Joe thought he was weird but i bet he he didnt suspect that his friend of 30 years was a serial homosexual pedophile.

BoneKrusher

Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Last edited by Santonio10 : 06-24-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I've heard that JoePa was upset with JS because he was spending a lot more time with the Second Mile which was interfering with his coaching duties so JoePa suggested taking the retirement package, since he was qualified for it. JS had everything he wanted for his horribly disgusting crimes, so why wouldnt he retire? Why would he go anywehere else if he had everything right there? If Joe knew he was a pedophile, he wouldn't have had him around. I can say that with confidence. Maybe Joe thought he was weird but i bet he he didnt suspect that his friend of 30 years was a serial homosexual pedophile.
You are revising history with yours and others opinions, not facts. We don't know why JS retired. The fact is, the guy retired while in still in his prime as a potential premiere HC candidate. He retired after getting caught molesting a boy, where charges were not brought by the DA for very vague reasons, despite the investigating officer wanting to press charges.

The fact is, JoePa on 2001 was told that JS was molesting a boy in the locker room shower. That's in the court testimony. JoePa said it. McQueary said it. Both under oath. They tried to be vague, but it's there. He was told. He knew. He did not do anything but the bare minimum and that was tell his superiors. That's it. He knew and he did nothing to stop it.

The guy was a fantastic coach, a very charitable man, and overall a very good and giving person. But JoePa completely screwed up wrt Sandusky. He enabled the guy by not bringing his full power down against him, and JoePa's power was huge. It does not damn the man, but it does show him to be a flawed person, just like the rest of us. Do not deify the guy. He was just a man.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Santonio, you do realize that just the fact that some of this happened in a PSU owned facility means PSU can and will get sued and have to pay a ton of money, right? It doesn't matter if there was or wasn't a cover up, or how it was handled. Someone at PSU gave Sandusky access to their facilities, regardless if he was an employee or not, and are therefore liable for anything that happens in those facilities. That alone will get their pants sued off.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Santonio, you do realize that just the fact that some of this happened in a PSU owned facility means PSU can and will get sued and have to pay a ton of money, right? It doesn't matter if there was or wasn't a cover up, or how it was handled. Someone at PSU gave Sandusky access to their facilities, regardless if he was an employee or not, and are therefore liable for anything that happens in those facilities. That alone will get their pants sued off.
And talk about deep, deep pockets for some enterprising personal injury lawyers to go after.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:35 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Yeah I just figured since the vast majority of these assaults took place in Sandusky's house that he and the second mile would be the ones getting sued before anyone else. PSU has deeper pockets though

BoneKrusher

Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Old 06-25-2012, 05:45 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Quote:
You are revising history with yours and others opinions, not facts. We don't know why JS retired. The fact is, the guy retired while in still in his prime as a potential premiere HC candidate. He retired after getting caught molesting a boy, where charges were not brought by the DA for very vague reasons, despite the investigating officer wanting to press charges.

The fact is, JoePa on 2001 was told that JS was molesting a boy in the locker room shower. That's in the court testimony. JoePa said it. McQueary said it. Both under oath. They tried to be vague, but it's there. He was told. He knew. He did not do anything but the bare minimum and that was tell his superiors. That's it. He knew and he did nothing to stop it.

The guy was a fantastic coach, a very charitable man, and overall a very good and giving person. But JoePa completely screwed up wrt Sandusky. He enabled the guy by not bringing his full power down against him, and JoePa's power was huge. It does not damn the man, but it does show him to be a flawed person, just like the rest of us. Do not deify the guy. He was just a man.
Descendancy posted his opinion of what he thought happened so I just posted mine. I don't understand what's wrong with that.

BoneKrusher

Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Old 06-25-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I applaud you for this paragraph and I think this is how most everyone should feel about it. It pains me to see people say this one thing ruins Joe's entire reputation/legacy but it's also ridiculously ludicrous to believe he didn't make a mistake here. Overall though, good to see someone sit back and express an objectified view and not go off the deep end for/against him wrt this situation.

+rep good sir.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I applaud you for this paragraph and I think this is how most everyone should feel about it. It pains me to see people say this one thing ruins Joe's entire reputation/legacy but it's also ridiculously ludicrous to believe he didn't make a mistake here. Overall though, good to see someone sit back and express an objectified view and not go off the deep end for/against him wrt this situation.

+rep good sir.
It pains me too, which is why I'm so quick to defend him. Sometimes it feels like everyone in the media wants Joe to be an evil old man and will go to any length to prove so, but it's simply not true. I apologize if anyone feels that I'm going overboard. It is not my intent to show that he didn't do anything wrong, I'm just trying to show that there is another way of thinking about why he acted the way he did.

BoneKrusher

Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Old 06-25-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post

+rep good sir.
I agree. I don't think it was some huge cover up conspiracy, or at least not a wide spread one including Joe Pa and the football program. In everything else but this one instance, Paterno was a great man. But he made a huge mistake that will unfortunately tarnish his legacy perhaps forever.

What I don't agree with are the people who can't accept that Paterno screwed up, or even that he did everything in his power. That just isn't true and to think otherwise is ignorant, but understandable given the love and respect Joe Pa built not only in the PSU community, but across the football community.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 06-25-2012 at 05:00 PM.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Young children were traumatized, people in power knew about it, they could have stopped it, and they didn't.

I'm sure that these guys are all generally nice people. That doesn't change the fact that almost everybody dropped the ball, and they did it to protect their careers. It's fairly obvious that when McQueary (and some members of the maintenance staff) said "I saw Sandusky ass-raping a young kid in the showers" they all took a collective ****, and then did the minimum that they had to in order to claim plausible deniability. McQueary doesn't score any points by not being an all-out whistleblower.

I can understand that they weren't eager to put their jobs on the line (and make no mistake, everybody was going to lose their job the second that this scandal hit the press -- whether it was in 2011 or the late 1990s). That doesn't make it justified.

Last edited by WCH : 06-25-2012 at 05:50 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Young children were traumatized, people in power knew about it, they could have stopped it, and they didn't.

I'm sure that these guys are all generally nice people. That doesn't change the fact that almost everybody dropped the ball, and they did it to protect their careers. It's fairly obvious that when McQueary (and some members of the maintenance staff) said "I saw Sandusky ass-raping a young kid in the showers" they all took a collective ****, and then did the minimum that they had to in order to claim plausible deniability. McQueary doesn't score any points by not being an all-out whistleblower.

I can understand that they weren't eager to put their jobs on the line (and make no mistake, everybody was going to lose their job the second that this scandal hit the press -- whether it was in 2011 or the late 1990s). That doesn't make it justified.
The boy that McQueary walked in on in the shower with JS to this day denies that anything happened with Sandusky that night (If I'm not mistaken). Maybe they just thought that it wasn't possible for JS to be the monster that he turned out to be. Given that Schultz knew about the '98 investigation, he really dropped the ball. I don't understand what was going through his head. I have no idea if Curley or Paterno knew about '98, but they should have been more vigilant about it regardless. Given JS's status in the community, maybe they thought that there was no way that he was pedophile. Who knows.

I don't really buy the whole cover up story. What would they have possibly gained by covering it up?

BoneKrusher

Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Last edited by Santonio10 : 06-28-2012 at 05:34 AM.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's unfortunate that Curley, Schultz and Spanier didn't have the personal ethics or strength of character to stand up to Paterno and take what they knew about the abuse to the authorities. They will ultimately pay for this while JoePa gets off scott free. Sometimes death is to good for a person.

Last edited by Rabscuttle : 06-30-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's more to this, and I'll wait for the Freeh report to come out before making any opinion. Until then, IDGAF.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a couple links with the same content to the email story.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...rup-grows.html

Quote:
In an alleged email dated Feb. 26, 2001, Schultz wrote to Curley that he assumes Curley's "got the ball" about a three-part plan to "talk with the subject asap regarding the future appropriate use of the University facility," … "contacting the chair of the charitable organization" and "contacting the Department of Welfare," according to a source with knowledge of the case.

It would have been better to skip directly to the third action and let the welfare authorities do the meeting and informing, but this should've been enough to end Sandusky's reign of terror.

Except that Curley sent an email to Schultz and school president Graham Spanier on Feb. 27, 2001, that changed everything.

"After giving it more thought and talking it over with Joe yesterday, I am uncomfortable with what we agreed were the next steps. I am having trouble with going to everyone but the person involved. I would be more comfortable meeting with the person and tell them about the information we received and tell them we are aware of the first situation," Curley's email said, according to CNN.

It's unclear why Curley suggested that Sandusky (the "person involved") wouldn't be contacted when Schultz's email told Curley to "talk with the subject asap." But the bottom line is that child welfare services was never contacted. And Sandusky, convicted earlier this month on 45 counts of molestation, continued to stalk and abuse the area's disadvantaged boys for seven more years.

The email is devastating on multiple levels, perhaps most for Paterno, who had escaped some measure of scorn thus far by playing the, in-hindsight-I-should've-done-more angle. Paterno, who won more games than any other major college football coach, died at age 85 in January of lung cancer.

According to Curley's email, Paterno participated more than he ever admitted, including likely talking Curley – and thus the others – out of the plan to turn Sandusky over to authorities.

Take a second for that one to sink in.
ESPN version
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...legations-2001

Quote:
The emails show athletic director Tim Curley and retired vice president Gary Schultz intended to report the allegation, then reconsidered. Spanier responded that he was "supportive" of their plan, but he worried they might "become vulnerable for not having reported it."

The CNN report cites an email from Schultz to Curley on Feb. 26, 2001, 16 days after graduate assistant Mike McQueary told Paterno about the shower assault. Schultz suggests bringing the allegation to the attention of Sandusky, Sandusky's charity and the Department of Welfare, which investigates suspected child abuse, according to the report.

But the next night, Curley sent an email to Spanier, saying that after thinking about it more and talking to Paterno, he was "uncomfortable" with that plan and wanted to work with Sandusky before contacting authorities, the report said.

If Sandusky is cooperative, Curley's email said, "we would work with him. .... If not, we do not have a choice and will inform the two groups," according to the report.

Spanier wrote back and agreed with that approach, calling it "humane and a reasonable way to proceed," according to the report. But he also worried about the consequences.

"The only downside for us is if message isn't 'heard' and acted upon and we then become vulnerable for not having reported it, but that can be assessed down the road," the email said, according to CNN.

Spanier's attorney didn't immediately return a call from The Associated Press seeking comment Saturday.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
It's unfortunate that Curley, Schultz and Spanier didn't have the personal ethics or strength of character to stand up to Paterno and take what they knew about the abuse to the authorities. They will ultimately pay for this while JoePa gets off scott free. Sometimes death is to good for a person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Here's a couple links with the same content to the email story.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...rup-grows.html

Quote:
In an alleged email dated Feb. 26, 2001, Schultz wrote to Curley that he assumes Curley's "got the ball" about a three-part plan to "talk with the subject asap regarding the future appropriate use of the University facility," … "contacting the chair of the charitable organization" and "contacting the Department of Welfare," according to a source with knowledge of the case.

It would have been better to skip directly to the third action and let the welfare authorities do the meeting and informing, but this should've been enough to end Sandusky's reign of terror.

Except that Curley sent an email to Schultz and school president Graham Spanier on Feb. 27, 2001, that changed everything.

"After giving it more thought and talking it over with Joe yesterday, I am uncomfortable with what we agreed were the next steps. I am having trouble with going to everyone but the person involved.
In case I have missed a few things in regards to the trial, I can see this as being something else. I see Paterno as being the person who wanted to be upfront with Sandusky and start there and get things straight from square one, rather than be wrong and end up with egg on their face.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Freeh’s investigators are also exploring the circumstances surrounding Paterno’s decision to eventually hire McQueary as an assistant coach, the person familiar with the investigation said. McQueary, a former quarterback for Paterno at Penn State, has testified under oath that when he first contacted Paterno to inform him of what he had seen in the showers, Paterno assumed he was calling to ask for a job, and that Paterno brusquely told him he would not be hired.

McQueary was ultimately hired over another, more experienced candidate, and investigators are curious about whether that development came as a consequence of what he told Paterno that morning in 2001.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/01/sp...pagewanted=all