Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 06-26-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
That's what I saying. Grizz you did good making it this far but there were some incredibly key decisions early on from the mafia that got us here which is so damn rare. The people we killed, blocked, framed early on in the game was so huge and I think we deserve it but whatevs. I still think BB should be lynched right now for playing an awful game. Duel SK/Mafia victory, it is the only thing that makes sense.
Yeah I agree the mafia and SK should have teamed up against BB. He would deserve it for thinking broth was actually the godfather. Sorry, I just have a hard time understanding that one.

My role in this game apparently and sadly taught no one anything. BB ignored the fact that I had the exact same gimmick role as broth, and everyone ignored the fact that despite all the powerful role reveals, the mafia still decided to kill me, an admitted townie, which clearly should have indicated something.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
That must have been why McGee was weird towards me day 2. That set everything else in motion. Your frame targets were wisely chosen. I don't know if I've seen many games where the frame target was investigated even one time, much less on back to back nights.
Nope. I investigated vidae. I just really didn't want us to lynch woot/TBW that day. Nobody wanted to look at ANYTHING else.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
It was fun when they just started flooding out at one point. I hated seeing stuff like "Don't be coy with your powers like McGee was" when I definitely never investigated BB.
Or forget the last thing I said...

Damn you McGee. Your suspicion before you death got me votes which made me come out with my vidae investigation. YOU started the snowball avalanche!
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
It was fun when they just started flooding out at one point. I hated seeing stuff like "Don't be coy with your powers like McGee was" when I definitely never investigated BB.
I really did try to get as many good people to reveal as possible. I made sure to repeat over and over that Fenikz and BD were masons, I framed BB night one (while I didn't but I suggested it haha) so I thought maybe you investigated him. I wasn't the one who forced everyone to reveal though, forget who that was.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Yeah I agree the mafia and SK should have teamed up against BB. He would deserve it for thinking broth was actually the godfather. Sorry, I just have a hard time understanding that one.

My role in this game apparently and sadly taught no one anything. BB ignored the fact that I had the exact same gimmick role as broth, and everyone ignored the fact that despite all the powerful role reveals, the mafia still decided to kill me, an admitted townie, which clearly should have indicated something.
It was unlikely we would win anyway with Grizz as the SK at that point. I knew it had to be him and just started leaning his way...better him than the mafia I say. SKs have it rough.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was unlikely we would win anyway with Grizz as the SK at that point. I knew it had to be him and just started leaning his way...better him than the mafia I say. SKs have it rough.
I really didn't think Grizz had it rough at all. Claimed commuter and his name was never seriously brought up. He did a good job of staying out of people's way and voting when he needed to.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now quick, everyone sign up for jr's game!

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 06-26-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what character did you think Broth was that could be evil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How quick, everyone sign up for jr's game!
Yes, everyone sign up. I sent out some PMs to a few of the common players but their are a lot of guys who usually play who haven't signed up and who I haven't sent PMs to yet. Woot, D-Unit, Bulldogs, Broddy, ngata, Elvis, TH, CMD, killswitch, and OSU to name a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, whatever happened, Grizz did an amazing job too. I gotta be honest, even after I thought he was suspect #1 in the Elder Scrolls game I completely wrote him off in this one. I didn't think he was evil at all. God damn you Grizz, why you gotta be such a lil cutie and make me feel like you're always good?

Damnit.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I'm assuming Elmo, since he does sing and stuff, but when it was revealed that I was a good townie who had a post requirement, it should have been obvious broth wouldn't be the godfather with a similar post requirement(even before I revealed, it should have been obvious, too big a target on his back).

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-26-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Hey, whatever happened, Grizz did an amazing job too. I gotta be honest, even after I thought he was suspect #1 in the Elder Scrolls game I completely wrote him off in this one. I didn't think he was evil at all. God damn you Grizz, why you gotta be such a lil cutie and make me feel like you're always good?

Damnit.
"You need to spread some reputation around before giving it to vidae again."

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't say so yet but nice game Shane. Sorry to hear about the cheating. If someone wants to PM me with the deets there I am interested.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Or forget the last thing I said...

Damn you McGee. Your suspicion before you death got me votes which made me come out with my vidae investigation. YOU started the snowball avalanche!
My role is usually in the back of my head unless it's playing an immediate part in the day's happenings. I just tried to be logical. I was honest when I said I wasn't confident in my vote for you. You were the only one I was really off on. Earlier in the day I had suggested we look at Forenci and CMD, and at the end of the day I tried to remind people of CMD and killxswitch. But then you popped in in the middle after having not commented on the major actions so I just went with it to get people to think outside the woot/TBW situation.

That's why I assumed I, like caddy, had died. We were telling people to look elsewhere. I expected to die, but didn't consider my being revealed as an investigator coming back to hurt you. So sorry about that.

I guess the mafia thought their frame had worked and that I came off more as an investigator than I suspected. Here I was thinking I had rustled some jimmies having suspected grizz, cmd, forenci, and killxswitch in my short time. What a pawn I ended up being.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'd say that voting for broth was as bad as voting for bantx in The Wire game, but that game had literally all but one person aligned for the town.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was trying to get people to think he was Elmo.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-26-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

when you google "Sesame Street Piano" you get Don douchebag or whatever his name was. That's who I thought.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
when you google "Sesame Street Piano" you get Don douchebag or whatever his name was. That's who I thought.
Wait, so why did you think Don Music would be the GF?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 06-26-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Wait, so why did you think Don Music would be the GF?
Eh. Like I said, after doing the math and seeing that the town was pretty much ******, I started inching closer to letting the SK (who I was fairly sure was Grizz) win. You'll note I didn't vote until after Grizz did and was more cautious about getting everyone's take before that.

Oh, and like, the day or two before, I had a list somewhere where I put Broth on it as good. It was part to garner his trust if he was was good but I thought he was less likely to be evil than CMD, Rufus, KS or Grizz.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Eh. Like I said, after doing the math and seeing that the town was pretty much ******, I started inching closer to letting the SK (who I was fairly sure was Grizz) win. You'll note I didn't vote until after Grizz did and was more cautious about getting everyone's take before that.

Oh, and like, the day or two before, I had a list somewhere where I put Broth on it as good. It was part to garner his trust if he was was good but I thought he was less likely to be evil than CMD, Rufus, KS or Grizz.
If you thought grizz was the sk all you needed to do was join SP and Broth, lynch grizz, and then lynch mafia the next two days and the town barely wins. I was really surprised you went after Broth and threw away any chance of a town victory.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
If you thought grizz was the sk all you needed to do was join SP and Broth, lynch grizz, and then lynch mafia the next two days and the town barely wins. I was really surprised you went after Broth and threw away any chance of a town victory.
It would have been 3 v 2 then a night kill makes it 2 v 2 meaning mafia wins.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-26-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was too. Figured the tide was really turning in our favor but we played the final minutes recklessly.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
It would have been 3 v 2 then a night kill makes it 2 v 2 meaning mafia wins.
Gotcha. My bad
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
No, they would have won the next day.

Me, Broth and SP get Grizz lynched. 3 town vs. 2 mafia.

Mafia gets their night kill.

2 of each, mafia wins.

That day, we needed to lynch the GF assuming he was BP. Then have the SK kill the other mafia member. Then, the last two townies would need to lynch Grizz.

I knew Grizz wasn't that stupid to kill the other mafia member even if we got the GF.
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nope.

Would have been:

BB
SP
Broth
Kill
Rufus

Rufus kills SP, Mafia wins.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote