Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-26-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/...he-line-review IGN Gives spec ops the line a 8 out of 10
That game looked really good and the review really sold me.
I suck at FPS so it being a 3rd person view is even better.
I might pick it up around Xmas time if I'm finished with the current games I want to play through (AA, AC, UnCharted 3)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
That game looked really good and the review really sold me.
I suck at FPS so it being a 3rd person view is even better.
I might pick it up around Xmas time if I'm finished with the current games I want to play through (AA, AC, UnCharted 3)
This is a game that I've really been following so I enjoyed the demo but I've been cautiously optimistic bc news has been hard to find about the game. My biggest fear was the length of the SP campign and it sounds like its around the 6 hour mark but the choices you make matter and its one you will wanna play through atleast 2 times. So far nothing I've read has made me change my mind. It's rare to find a shooter now with a good story that is set in modern day.

Also I may have to pick up Sorcery at gamestop its on sale for 25$ so I should be able to get it for less then 20$ with my other discounts.

Im really wanting a buy 2 get 1 free deal at gamestop soon I have 5 games I'm really wanting to buy espically since I've decided to not buy any new football games and just play last years game.

Spec Ops the Line
Max Payne 3
Mass Effect 3
Sorcery
Batman Arkham City GOTY
Old 06-26-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just sent in my order for Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY edition off Amazon. I have wanted this game since I got my PS3 back in November. It just had to wait in line. :)
Old 06-26-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/...2-release-date

walking dead tomorrow for xbox and friday for ps3 both this week
Old 06-26-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/...der-man-review

Ign gives new spiderman game a 7 out of 10
Old 06-26-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ya, just saw this. Was really hoping it was coming out today but atleast it's this week.

Also

The Mass Effect 3 extended Cut ending is on PSN now and it's free...

Last edited by Splat : 06-26-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Ya, just saw this. Was really hoping it was coming out today but atleast it's this week.

Also

The Mass Effect 3 extended Cut ending is on PSN now and it's free...
Im sure it will be free forever but just incase I need to go ahead and download this just incase.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Spiderman looks good as well. Doubt I'll ever get to it though.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I've always been an Xbox guy but I just ordered a PS3. What should I know? I'm planning on keeping it vertical, is that a problem? Got God of War 3, Killzone 3, and Uncharted 1 + 2 with it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

That's a good start. Never played Uncharted 1 but I heard it was underwhelming. 2 is the **** though

Old 06-26-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
So I've always been an Xbox guy but I just ordered a PS3. What should I know? I'm planning on keeping it vertical, is that a problem? Got God of War 3, Killzone 3, and Uncharted 1 + 2 with it.
I have never had mine vertical, but I don't see that it would be a problem.

Starting with Uncharted 1 and 2 is a great call. UC 1 is good, but UC 2 is flippin amazing. I haven't got a chance to play GOW 3, but have heard good things.

I don't know much about Killzone.

I would recommend inFAMOUS 1 and 2 if you are in to open world games and Little Big Planet 1 and 2 if you are in to platformers.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I have never had mine vertical, but I don't see that it would be a problem.

Starting with Uncharted 1 and 2 is a great call. UC 1 is good, but UC 2 is flippin amazing. I haven't got a chance to play GOW 3, but have heard good things.

I don't know much about Killzone.

I would recommend inFAMOUS 1 and 2 if you are in to open world games and Little Big Planet 1 and 2 if you are in to platformers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
That's a good start. Never played Uncharted 1 but I heard it was underwhelming. 2 is the **** though
Very cool, thanks guys.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-26-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

No prob. I played GOW3. Friggin' amazing. That's all that needs to be said.

Last edited by Nalej : 06-26-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GOW will always be Gears of War to me. Sorry guys!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

In due time... all in due time.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:28 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You need to drive as fast as you can to the store to get Heavy Rain and everyone here will back me up on that

Old 06-27-2012, 08:18 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mys PS3 has pretty much always been vertical. Same with my 360.

Really wouldn't bother with Uncharted 1. It's not a good game. It looks good, obviously, but the gameplay is a bit of a failure. UC2 is great, though.

People recommend iNfamous, but I thought it was bad. The game is all about visuals, and the visuals are lame. Gameplay is meh as well. I'd just stick with Assassin's Creed for that type of game.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Really wouldn't bother with Uncharted 1. It's not a good game.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
You need to drive as fast as you can to the store to get Heavy Rain and everyone here will back me up on that

I second this notion. This game is amazing.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

What is the gameplay in Heavy Rain like? Third Person shooter?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-27-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What is the gameplay in Heavy Rain like? Third Person shooter?
Heavy Rain is very diffrent then anything u have ever played so I'm gonna do my best to describe it. Its not an action game where you kill a bunch of people and they are no checkpoints are do overs. So lets say someone dies the story will adept and change based on that. They are a total of 5 diffrent endings that you will get and which one you get will depend on the choices you make.

The basic controll is very simple like you will move the trigger button or press x/o at the time you are suppose to. If you do your own research of the game be very very careful to avoid any spoilers
Old 06-27-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Heavy Rain has been on my back burner list for awhile. The worst part about waiting so long to get a PS3 is having a mile long list of games I want.

I'm going to get it some day I'm sure.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

GameStop sale starting tomorrow buy 2 used and get 1 free
Old 06-27-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a hard time endorsing Heavy Rain because the lead developer is such a ******* douche.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

The Last of Us Will Feature Online Multiplayer

Quote:
We are supporting multiplayer with The Last of Us. We're not ready to talk about the details of how multiplayer will be implemented, however we can say that it is not co-op within the main campaign.

I don't think any online play is needed with this game.