Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
Vincent Brown. I just hope he has the opportunities, but he's so naturally good I don't see how they can keep him off the field.
I was really impressed with this kid. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him starting by season's end. Granted, that's due in part to my expecting a certain FA acquisition to flop. But I think Brown is a guy who could be a #1 target soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
5. CB DeMarus Van Dyke, OAK
-Once again, a little bit of a U bias, but I think he looked much better than anyone could have thought last year. He's more than just sub 4.3 speed. When I watched him play, he reminded me of DRC in 2009, when he was an upper echelon corner. I think I read that DVD is expected to start, and I'm interested in watching him develop.
He definitely showed the ability to shadow a WR and stay in his hip pocket. Trouble is, he's one of the least aware CBs I've ever seen. Over at Black Reign, people have taken to calling him "Traffic." As in, the guy he's covering will get credit for catching a pass in traffic. A pretty easy feat against DVD since he never looks back for the ball or seems to expect it to come his way.

Still, the fact that he can stay in such tight coverage without a lot of grabbing caught the eye of a lot of fans. If awareness is something you can teach, the potential is there.

He's not expected to start, however. If Spencer or Bartell doesn't perform, though, DVD might be the first guy off the bench to vie for the job...unless the new coaching staff values tackling ability.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote