Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-28-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
"bite my shiny metal ass."

EDIT: just kidding, I never get sick of that show :\
The only show like that for me is Seinfeld. I've seen each episode countless times, and it'll still be my top choice usually when it's on. Otherwise I'm not big into rewatching things multiple times, so 4 is actually a pretty big run to me. Even my favorite movies I've only seen a handful of times. But ever since Futurama has taken over the Comedy Central lineup I've been repulsed by it.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
ever since Futurama has taken over the Comedy Central lineup I've been repulsed by it.
and that might be the difference for me, I don't have TV because I torrent/stream everything.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I just got into Futurama. I've seen episodes here and there but I've never really committed to it. I'm on the season 2 episode 2 and I have noticed two things.

1. This is a very good show
2. Family Guy steals a lot of ideas from this show.
I love Futurama. So underrated. It has excellent and interesting plots, unlike Family Guy which is just a bunch of random stupidity.

All the characters are just so lovable and funny. It's hard not to like Fry, the idiot with a good heart. Zoidberg too, haha. I just love every character on the show which is rare for me.

It's really one of the ONLY shows I can watch the episodes over and over again. I'm somebody that once they watch a movie or show I almost never re-watch it but with Futurama I could just watch the same episode right after having just watched it.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:58 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never get tired of Futurama reruns. I hardly feel like it dominates the CC lineup. If there needs to be less of anything it's Tosh.0. That and replays of their roasts are really some of the only things I can't stand, but those always seem to be on.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:44 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I never get tired of Futurama reruns. I hardly feel like it dominates the CC lineup. If there needs to be less of anything it's Tosh.0. That and replays of their roasts are really some of the only things I can't stand, but those always seem to be on.
Agreed on Tosh.0 reruns. They have hammered that show into the ground and it has become completely annoying. They should manage it like E! does The Soup.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:44 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find Daniel Tosh to be a pretty funny guy, but that show has gotten real old real fast.
As for Futurama's awesomeness, all of the characters mesh very well with each other. There's Fry being the good-hearted fool, Leela being the serious one, Bender being one of the greatest animated characters, Hermes and Zoidberg have a great dynamic too, and Amy has decent moments as the ditz. The Professor always gives great ideas for episodes too. Zapp Brannigan and Mom are also excellent support characters. They can be the star of an episode and it can be great.
The jokes got better in the middle of the series. At first they might have been too nerdy (ie all the computer related jokes in season 1 and 2), but the jokes are things that you can laugh at over and over again.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilfred is coming back!!!

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have two episodes on my DVR! It has been on sir!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Elizabeth Mitchell joining JJ Abrams "Revolution" as a series regular.

Old 06-30-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Elizabeth Mitchell joining JJ Abrams "Revolution" as a series regular.
I knew I was gonna like that show. Hell, she alone convinced me to watch like four episodes of 'V' before I wanted to kill myself.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I knew I was gonna like that show. Hell, she alone convinced me to watch like four episodes of 'V' before I wanted to kill myself.
Yeah I figured you'd like that move. Apparently some other regular dropped out and they snagged her. Good casting for sure. I already wanted to see it but I want to see it more now.

For those who haven't seen it.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Becoming increasingly intrigued with IFC's upcoming "Bullet in the Face." Supposed to be super violent so they won't be airing it as a normal show, but I'm going to have to check it out come August. Hoping it's more than violence and crudeness just for the sake of it without actually being funny.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I'm way behind on this one but I finally watched the Newsroom from last week. I really liked it and am excited for tonight's episode.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was meh on the Newsroom.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Odd that I never saw anything about Chris Messina being in The Newsroom. He is way awesome. Anyone know how recurring is his role supposed to be?
Old 07-01-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a big Futurama fan even when it was on Fox. I used to say it was a quality show even after it's cancellation, and my college pals would mock me for holding that opinion.

The revival of Futurama is the proudest moment of my television-viewing career. I feel vindicated.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I was a big Futurama fan even when it was on Fox. I used to say it was a quality show even after it's cancellation, and my college pals would mock me for holding that opinion.

The revival of Futurama is the proudest moment of my television-viewing career. I feel vindicated.
Seconded. Philip J. Fry is basically me but with a much cooler job.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:21 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to hate on Futurama but after watching many of the episodes I will gladly eat my crow pie.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:54 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This week's "The Newsroom" was disappointing. But I expect better things next week.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:07 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't think it was disappointing. It was just setting up the rest of the season.

One thing I didn't like was how drastically the Maggie character has changed in three days. She was an in over her head assist turned associate producer in the pilot and now she is acting like a know it all been there done that type of person. It doesn't make sense.

She was back to her old self at the end of the episode, but the character was drastically different at the beginning. I thought the rest of the show was good.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:13 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The episode sure did happen.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:19 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I don't think it was disappointing. It was just setting up the rest of the season.

One thing I didn't like was how drastically the Maggie character has changed in three days. She was an in over her head assist turned associate producer in the pilot and now she is acting like a know it all been there done that type of person. It doesn't make sense.

She was back to her old self at the end of the episode, but the character was drastically different at the beginning. I thought the rest of the show was good.
Well the way I saw it was she was trying to prove herself be self reliant etc etc etc. Then broth's up and is trying to get the same response that anyone else would get to prove to herself she belongs.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:22 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I got that, but it was over the top. First, Jim is your direct superior. Second, he's done this job a long time before you. Listen to his advice. She basically blew him off from the beginning and still ended up brothing it up. She didn't want to do the practice call and she didn't want to listen to anyone. It didn't fit with someone being green and wanting to do well. It was someone who thought she knew it all.

And after the pilot episode, in which everything fell right for them to make it a perfect newscast, I liked the fact that nothing went well with this one.

There are flaws, but I am still thoroughly entertained by this show and the characters. I just hope Maggie gets better because I really liked her in the pilot.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:22 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone PM me with a good site to use for tv shows? Something at least semi reliable that won't kill my computer instantly.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoyed the hell out of it. Wasnt disappointing to me at all.

Aside from Newsroom though, I dont think I like anything thats on right now. I continue watching True Blood because, uh, its on I guess. But other than that...

Last edited by comahan : 07-02-2012 at 11:09 AM.
comahan is offline   Reply With Quote