Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 06-25-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Knicks and Bucs
Rookie

Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs
Default 2013 Bucs draft.

Listen up all you pencil necked geeks. I got a draft for you all to check out.

1. QB Aaron Murray Georgia
Josh Freeman sucks and is colored blind. Seriously the guy does not know what colored jersey to throw to. Murray is a much better QB. Actually anything is an upgrade over Freeman. I would rather take Colt Mccoy over this pile of trash with two legs.

2. OT Ricky Wagner Wisconsin
The bucs weak link on their line is RT. Trueblood should make like blood and pour on out of there. Wagner is the real deal in the 2nd round.

3. CB Micah Hyde Iowa
Talib I believe will turn it around next year. I think he will be a much better player. Hyde is a steal in the 3rd.

4. DT Dominique Eastly Florida
DT depth.

5. C Braxton Cave Notre Dame
In case Jeremy Zuttah does not work out.

6. FB Devon Ramsey North Carolina
Bucs have not had a FB presence since the days of Mike Alstott. Enter Jonbenet's cousin.

7. WR Tracy Moore OSU
Other than Williams and Jackson. The rest of the bucs WRs suck.
Knicks and Bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Murray is too short and Freeman will turn it around this year. Wagner won't fall that far. Why take Hyde round 3 when you can get the best CB in this class, David Amerson, round 1? I thought you said you don't need DT help when someone mocked you Star. Zuttah will work out. Just put Blount at FB. Benn and Briscoe. Terrible mock young man. Also, I have a rather girthy neck and I am a nerd not a geek thank you very much.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks and Bucs View Post
Listen up all you pencil necked geeks. I got a draft for you all to check out.

1. QB Aaron Murray Georgia
Josh Freeman sucks and is colored blind. Seriously the guy does not know what colored jersey to throw to. Murray is a much better QB. Actually anything is an upgrade over Freeman. I would rather take Colt Mccoy over this pile of trash with two legs.

2. OT Ricky Wagner Wisconsin
The bucs weak link on their line is RT. Trueblood should make like blood and pour on out of there. Wagner is the real deal in the 2nd round.

3. CB Micah Hyde Iowa
Talib I believe will turn it around next year. I think he will be a much better player. Hyde is a steal in the 3rd.

4. DT Dominique Eastly Florida
DT depth.

5. C Braxton Cave Notre Dame
In case Jeremy Zuttah does not work out.

6. FB Devon Ramsey North Carolina
Bucs have not had a FB presence since the days of Mike Alstott. Enter Jonbenet's cousin.

7. WR Tracy Moore OSU
Other than Williams and Jackson. The rest of the bucs WRs suck.
Aaron Murray? haha and you say Josh Freeman sucks. This 2013 QB class is suspect. Barkley is questionable as well, as USC QBs benefit from talent around them (Matt Leinart, Mark Sanchez). Carson Palmer was very good, but he never broke the TRUELy ELITE QB that brought home a deep playoff run or super bowl squad.

Freeman has all the tools and physically and mentally. The reason he'll put it all together is because he's the first guy in the building and last guy out. He's working overtime to get better. Last year, there was no order, no disciplin, no coaching, (look at Greg Olson's track record, it amazes me how he's still an NFL assistant QB coach), lack of veteran leadership, talent and experience, Predictability on offense, and too much inexperience.

Freeman 2012 year will be closer to 2010 than 2011. The entire atmosphere is drastically improved and Sullivan is actually a very good QBs guru.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My 2013 Pre-Mature Mock:

1st round: Star Lotulelei DT Utah: McCoy has had his struggles staying healthy, but I believe he puts it together in 2012. Still, he'd be even better with a space eating mamouth Run defender beside him, which would make the rest of the D-Line and LBs better.

2nd Round: Devin Taylor DE South Carolina: Bucs could lose Michael Bennett next off-season and Bowers will be coming off an achilles tear. Taylor would at least give us depth oppositte Clayborne as a pass rusher and run defender.

3rd round: Micah Hyde CB Iowa: Solid cover CB who would fit in nicely in Schiano's soon to be Zone defense

4th Round: Seantrle Henderson T Miami: Mamouth RT who could fill in on the right side if Trueblood disapoints and not brought back.

That's 4 rounds.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Knicks and Bucs
Rookie

Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs

So, you think their offense is perfect? Other than RT that is it? TE is going to be huge. Luke Stocker will be mediocre at best and Clark prolly has one more good year left.

I do think they will finally crack 400 points for the first time in team history and they are going to drop a 40 burger on someone this year. Last time that happened was 2002. Time to break the drought. What do you think about that?
Knicks and Bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most negative fan of all time

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
JamiesonSports
Rookie

JamiesonSports is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJamiesonSports is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJamiesonSports is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJamiesonSports is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJamiesonSports is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJamiesonSports is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJamiesonSports is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJamiesonSports is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJamiesonSports is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJamiesonSports is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJamiesonSports is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Hopefully Josh can change your mind
JamiesonSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
JamiesonSports
Rookie

JamiesonSports is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJamiesonSports is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJamiesonSports is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJamiesonSports is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJamiesonSports is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJamiesonSports is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJamiesonSports is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJamiesonSports is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJamiesonSports is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJamiesonSports is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJamiesonSports is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

A lil off topic but does anyone know the bowers situation?
Old 08-05-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
JamiesonSports
Rookie

sorry wasnt done posting...I like bennett and claiborne but i was looking for big things from DaQuan this yr..
Old 08-07-2012, 07:19 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamiesonSports View Post
sorry wasnt done posting...I like bennett and claiborne but i was looking for big things from DaQuan this yr..
Bowers is most likely out for the year, even if his rehab goes ahead of schedule doubt they risk playing him this year.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Pointless to try to predict the 2013 draft in August 2012.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:44 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

I think Buc Fans and Bucs Scouts and Front Office should be heavily scouting the QB class in 2013, specifically Barkely and Tyler Wilson from Arkansas.

Boy, it is painful to watch Freeman right now. He has not improved at all and seems to be in 2011 form and worse.

Why do I bring this up? His footwork has been an issue since 2009 and every offseason I hear he is constantly working on it, but in games he still doesnt step up in the pocket and throw. Look at the throws he made last night after the 2nd drive. The ball he threw to Parker on the out barely reached his ankles and he had him if he led him because Parker had his man beat.

He struggled mightly once the Pats tightened up there defense. It's like he didn;t have a clue in pre-read snaps. The Freeman I wanted to see was the one on opening drive. Making the correct reads and stepping into throws and completing them. Seeing the field and going through progressions. Then he fizzled out. Didnt see a wide open Mike Williams on one play and forced a bad abll to V-Jax on the 3rd Drive.

I just don't see the progressions he should be making in 2010. I'm honestly starting to believe 2010 was a product of the weaker opponents and it's hard for me to say that because I am a strong believer in Freeman. But the improvement from his play last year, is that he hasn't thrown any picks yet in Preseason, but everything else is horrible. besides one drive, he didnt do much in terms of moving the offense down the field.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely see the Bucs drafting a QB fairly early next year.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Freeman will prove he is a top tier QB this year, we won't be drafting a QB anytime soon.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope you are right. It's the make or break year for Freeman.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
Bowers is most likely out for the year, even if his rehab goes ahead of schedule doubt they risk playing him this year.
Could be wrong on this, Dom is acting like he will play this year.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be shocked if he played this year. Ruptured Achilles is no joke.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bucs have depth issues pretty much across the board, so you can make an argument for a selection at just about every position outside of RB.

Three positions I want to see addressed:

- Offensive tackle. I swear... if Jeremy Trueblood is the starting RT next season, I'll kill somebody. He is TERRIBLE and was schooled several times on Sunday by a below average Carolina defensive line. A lot of the offensive problems in the 2nd half can be attributed to him and Larsen, though I'll cut the latter a break because he's not supposed to be a starter anyway.

- Outside Linebacker. I could change my mind by the end of the season, but as it stands, I think the Bucs could use an upgrade from Quincy Black. Black has all the athleticism in the world but seems to lack the instincts and general football awareness you look for in a linebacker.

- Free Safety. Ronde Barber will, unfortunately, most likely retire, which means that Ahmad Black stands to inherit the FS position. Black looked pretty good in the preseason and made some good plays in the season opener, but I wouldn't complain if the Bucs look to get themselves a stud FS to anchor the back end of that defense with Mark Barron for the next decade.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

I somewhat agree. RT is clearly a need. We should move on from Trueblood and grab someone in the mid rounds or free agency to plug that hole. OLB is a minor need as far as I'm concerned. If Black plays well, there is little chance the starting guys next year aren't the same as they are this year. FS I'm hoping we don't need to spend a pick on. If Ahmad can learn from Ronde, we might not need to waste a pick.

If we pick in the mid-teens I think we are a good bet to land a BPA type player at DE/DT/CB, somewhere on the defensive line or in the secondary. If we go offense, other than TE or maybe OT, I'm not sure what position we'd be going for.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hadn't considered TE, but that's a good area to look at as well. Dallas Clark could potentially retire and, while I like both Stocker and Pianalto, a game breaking pass-catching tight end could be a real difference maker in Schiano's offense.

I'm not sure if there are any guys like that in the upcoming draft, though, as I have not had any time to pay watch or analyze college football so far this season (and likely won't given that I barely have time for the Bucs as is).
Old 09-12-2012, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
I hadn't considered TE, but that's a good area to look at as well. Dallas Clark could potentially retire and, while I like both Stocker and Pianalto, a game breaking pass-catching tight end could be a real difference maker in Schiano's offense.

I'm not sure if there are any guys like that in the upcoming draft, though, as I have not had any time to pay watch or analyze college football so far this season (and likely won't given that I barely have time for the Bucs as is).
Ultimately I doubt we bother getting a tight end. I don't think a TE is a high priority in Schiano's and Sullivan's offense.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:54 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

My prediction is 8-8 on the year but hopefully better.

Yes Quincy Black was solid in week 1 but he's vastly overpaid. I think if we're in the middle of round 1 a guy like Monte Teo is a viable option. Move Foster to the SAM LB where I think is his best position.

DT in round 2

CB in round 3.

Address T and G depth in free agency.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:12 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
My prediction is 8-8 on the year but hopefully better.

Yes Quincy Black was solid in week 1 but he's vastly overpaid. I think if we're in the middle of round 1 a guy like Monte Teo is a viable option. Move Foster to the SAM LB where I think is his best position.

DT in round 2

CB in round 3.

Address T and G depth in free agency.
I like the first round.. Although I'm not sure about going LB in the first round, but you have to consider BPA so.. Like to see how Foster plays the rest of the year, he had a great first game. They already have so much tied up in the Oline I can see them drafting a OT to develop. Dotson is probably our starting RT next year. Rather get proven players to help on the Dline.
Think CB early is a real possibility with Talib being a FA next year, he's probably a prime candidate to get franchised if he stays out of trouble.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

I'm going to post a monthly Mock Draft analysis. Scouting players week after week and our position of needs.

Team Needs:
-Offensive Line : Needs depth/possible starter
-DLINE : Depth/Maybe Starter
-CB
-MLB (See ya later Quincy)
-RB depth.

Key Free Agents I think we retain:
- DE Michael Bennett
- CB Aqib Talib
- T Demar Dotson
- DT Roy Miller

Positions we address in FA?
- OT (Rashad Butler?)
- DT (Glenn Dorsey?)
Starter and Depth along O-Line.

Draft:

1st: Manti Teo MLB Notre Dame: I love this kid! Much better prospect than Keuchly is and where I project us to pick, I say he's BPA. Love Foster, but I think he is more of a natural on the SLB, where he had tremendous success in college. Build through the front 7.

2nd: Micah Hyde CB Iowa
: I really have us tempted to make a daring move, trading up into late 1st to grab Jonathon Banks, but it's too early for that. Hyde is a strong, physical CB who excels in both Zone and Man Coverage. He also is a ball hawk who can explode after making a play and take it to the house for 6.

3rd Round: Larry Warford OG Kentucky: Davin Joseph, sadly, tore his patella tendon in preseason. Ask Carnell Williams, it's not an easy recovery. Warford is big, physical, and strong. A road graitor who is also very good in pass protection. Coming from Kentucky, his draft stock will not match his talent and is very underrated.

4th Round: Joseph Fauria TE UCLA: He's an underrated prospect and I do expect his draft grade to be higher, but as of right now, this is a perfect selection. Can provide mismatches all over the field.

5th Round: Damien Square DT Alabama : Keep adding depth at a position you need it at. Square is a nice developmental DT who's strong and played 3-4 DE for Saban. Has the frame to add some weight and become a stout DT.

6th Round: Stefon Taylor RB Stanford: Schiano wants to run the football and we've seen that so far. Blount, I'm not expecting to be with the Bucs after this season. Taylor is a perfect role player who's a solid all around.

7th Round: Roy Roundtree WR Michigan: Interesting prospect. Has very good speed, but is an unknown coming from a run first option offense in Michigan. Could be a steal late in teh draft.

7th Round (via Chicago): Matt Stankiewitch C Penn State: Depth and very good add this late in the draft.

Again, this is VERY EARLY. Just my scouting reports, grades and need analysis.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

CB and DLINE are our 2 immediate needs. Disregard the mock draft.