Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-28-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I hope Schultz busts.
I DO think he'll bust. It just seems like excessive hype and too much control given to a player who hasn't proven a damn thing in the pros.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sidney Crosby is one superstitious sonofabitch.

Negotiated his contract at an average salary equating to his jersey number and birthdate.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hal Gill resigns with Nashville. Dang.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Sidney Crosby is one superstitious sonofabitch.

Negotiated his contract at an average salary equating to his jersey number and birthdate.
He should have negotiated for a juggernaut helmet.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also re-signing are Nikita Nikitin (restricted, but still a good move), Scott Nichol, and Brian Lee, who I often forget is still in the league.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick got resigned for 10 years.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quickie and the Kings agree in principle on a 10 year deal, no terms announced yet. It's a looooong deal for a goalie, and I'm hoping the AVV is decent but JOY

edit: F U hines dont be sniping me on my kings
Old 06-28-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Quickie and the Kings agree in principle on a 10 year deal, no terms announced yet. It's a looooong deal for a goalie, and I'm hoping the AVV is decent but JOY

edit: F U hines dont be sniping me on my kings
Looks like you weren't Quick enough.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McZing

and I did say it's hines time to shine....
Old 06-28-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Looking like 10 for 50+ for Quick.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Nope. Looks like Quick at 10 years, 58 million.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Interesting defense core Columbus has going right now. JMFJ, Wisniewski, Tyutin, Nikitin, Murray, Methot, Moore, Savard. It's not necessary for Moore and Savard to be given a lot of NHL action right now, but obviously Howson has some dealing to do and I wonder if some of these names are being tossed around. No real need to, but Moore would be interesting if they could get a forward in return.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 06-28-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I guess the Wings have called Howson, but basically been told they'll never deal him within the division.

Which is why my response is MOVE DETROIT TO THE EAST! (just kidding, I don't even want that to happen, haha)
Old 06-28-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

This make me laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taro_Tsujimoto
Old 06-29-2012, 01:22 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Taro is a forever-running joke around these parts. I love it. Punch is one of my most studied personalities from the game and I just love that move.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Whoa boy. Martin Brodeur likely to test the free agent market. Hired a new agent:

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...12917380567040
Old 06-29-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Whoa boy. Martin Brodeur likely to test the free agent market. Hired a new agent:

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...12917380567040
This upsets me greatly. If we lose Brodeur and Parise in the same offseason...
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Downie signs. Short term makes sense for Radar and Mueller contracts, as well. EJ could be an interesting one, though.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see Brodeur checking out Chicago.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

In theory, the Wings only have 3 roster spots to fill. We have 19 NHL players under contract.

Too bad there aren't three unrestricted players deserving of $8 million/year, haha
Old 06-29-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Going back to Colorado, I wonder where McClement ends up. He has a role on any team in the league if you ask me.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
In theory, the Wings only have 3 roster spots to fill. We have 19 NHL players under contract.

Too bad there aren't three unrestricted players deserving of $8 million/year, haha
Suter and Semin make sense. Don't know who else you guys would be looking at, though.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I could see Brodeur checking out Chicago.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Toronto either.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Wonder what really to expect from the Sabres. Don't foresee them going after defense without shipping someone out, goalies are signed, forwards have few openings.

10 forwards under contract: Roy, Vanek, Pominville, Stafford, Leino, Hodgson, Gerbe, McCormick, Foligno, Ellis (not a likely guy to dress).
2 notable RFA: Ennis, Kaleta

So we have 11.6 in current room with Ennis and Kaleta yet to count against the cap. Only other notable RFA is TJ Brennan who does not have a spot with the big club right now. Also have to be careful about a potential cap dip.

We still need 1-2 forwards with Boyes and Hecht out the door. They're not wasting time getting into contract talks with Grigorenko, which is an interesting situation. Moving Ennis to the wing is an unattractive option at the moment, though, and Roy/Hodgson are also locked into the pivot, so that might not be cleared up for him yet. Luke Adam starting the season also seems unlikely, though he would be more likely to be pushed to a low line wing/neglected entirely.

Keeping the trade options in mind throughout all of this. Otherwise, a short-term veteran forward would be a beautiful option, if any of them are willing to come to such a team.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend