Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Brady at 4 is a ******* joke.

/homerrant
Well what do you expect when you have a backup QB / fullback at 95?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:47 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The video for Brees was funny. They caught him talking to Sean Payton and then Chase Daniel on the sideline after he threw an interception against the Rams. I think it was a blowout game so it wasn't last year.

"Nah...I mean, (sigh) I just hate throwing picks....especially in the 4th quarter...I don't give a *bleep* what the score is..."

"We could have had a field goal, then a touchdown...it pisses me off!"

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
10. Patrick Willis, ILB, 49ers
9. Haloti Ngata, DL, Ravens
8. Adrian Peterson, RB, Vikings
7. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Cardinals
6. DeMarcus Ware, OLB, Cowboys
5. Darrelle Revis, CB, Jets
4. Tom Brady, QB, Patriots
3. Calvin Johnson, WR, Lions
2. Drew Brees, QB, Saints
1. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Packers
I think the Top 10 is a pretty good list. I'm just not a huge fan of Drew Brees. I certainly don't think he's better than Tom Brady (or Peyton Manning), and I actually like Ben Roethlisberger a tad bit more.

He's the only player in the Top 10 that I don't think really deserves to be there (since I don't consider him a top 3 QB). He broke the passing yardage record so I figured he would rank in the Top 3, but he really doesn't have anything to show for all his lofty stats (1 Super Bowl ring in only 1 appearance). He's obviously a great player, but I don't think he's overly special. Brees is surrounded by gaudy talent (Jimmy Graham, Jahri Evans, Carl Nicks and Darren Sproles ranked high on this for a reason), and he has great passing numbers to show for it. I like him in the 11-20 range, not the top 2 players overall.

Aaron Rodgers is head-and-shoulders above the rest of the field. During last season I said I've never seen the QB position played to level that he has been playing it. I thought he should have been #1 on the list they made last year. He's my favorite player in the NFL and the most fun to watch. For the past two seasons he's easily been the best player in the NFL. The 2011 season cemented his Super Bowl run.

Peyton Manning is my #2 player. His injury proved what people have been speculating about for years. You remove Peyton from that offense and you realize that you don't have any talent on that entire team. The offensive line sucks. The OL has only looked good in pass protection because of Manning. They can't run the ball, don't have the RBs to even do so if they could and their WRs aren't quite as good as people thought. Their defense is only effective when they're in the game, or have a lead. Peyton Manning was that entire team. His impact was the greatest last year of any single player (as it usually is). He didn't play a game and the Colts were the worst team in the NFL. If he was healthy they would have made the playoffs and won upwards of 12 or 13 games like they always do. I understand why he ranked where he did, but as long as he's in the league, he's probably going to be one of the two or three best players in the NFL.

If I were to try and throw together a Top 10 it would look this:

2. Peyton Manning, QB, Broncos
3. Darrelle Revis, CB, Jets
5. Calvin Johnson, WR, Lions
7. Haloti Ngata, DL, Ravens
8. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Cardinals
9. Troy Polamalu, SS, Steelers
10. Adrian Peterson, RB, Vikings / Justin Smith, DE, 49ers

Peterson's injury is a concern going into next season, so he falls a little for that sole reason. He's one of the elite players in the game. Another one of my favorite players to watch because he's so much better than every other player at his position.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree with you about Drew Brees. Wasnt Graham the only recieving option for him to ever make a pro bowl? So I dont think you can say he is surrounded with a good supporting cast. 1 super bowl is still fine with him because he was able to rise to the ocassion during that post season and lead his team to the title.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A top 10 without Drew Brees is stupid.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the Top 10 is a pretty good list. I'm just not a huge fan of Drew Brees. I certainly don't think he's better than Tom Brady (or Peyton Manning), and I actually like Ben Roethlisberger a tad bit more.

He's the only player in the Top 10 that I don't think really deserves to be there (since I don't consider him a top 3 QB). He broke the passing yardage record so I figured he would rank in the Top 3, but he really doesn't have anything to show for all his lofty stats (1 Super Bowl ring in only 1 appearance). He's obviously a great player, but I don't think he's overly special. Brees is surrounded by gaudy talent (Jimmy Graham, Jahri Evans, Carl Nicks and Darren Sproles ranked high on this for a reason), and he has great passing numbers to show for it. I like him in the 11-20 range, not the top 2 players overall.

Aaron Rodgers is head-and-shoulders above the rest of the field. During last season I said I've never seen the QB position played to level that he has been playing it. I thought he should have been #1 on the list they made last year. He's my favorite player in the NFL and the most fun to watch. For the past two seasons he's easily been the best player in the NFL. The 2011 season cemented his Super Bowl run.

Peyton Manning is my #2 player. His injury proved what people have been speculating about for years. You remove Peyton from that offense and you realize that you don't have any talent on that entire team. The offensive line sucks. The OL has only looked good in pass protection because of Manning. They can't run the ball, don't have the RBs to even do so if they could and their WRs aren't quite as good as people thought. Their defense is only effective when they're in the game, or have a lead. Peyton Manning was that entire team. His impact was the greatest last year of any single player (as it usually is). He didn't play a game and the Colts were the worst team in the NFL. If he was healthy they would have made the playoffs and won upwards of 12 or 13 games like they always do. I understand why he ranked where he did, but as long as he's in the league, he's probably going to be one of the two or three best players in the NFL.

If I were to try and throw together a Top 10 it would look this:

2. Peyton Manning, QB, Broncos
3. Darrelle Revis, CB, Jets
5. Calvin Johnson, WR, Lions
7. Haloti Ngata, DL, Ravens
8. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Cardinals
9. Troy Polamalu, SS, Steelers
10. Adrian Peterson, RB, Vikings / Justin Smith, DE, 49ers

Peterson's injury is a concern going into next season, so he falls a little for that sole reason. He's one of the elite players in the game. Another one of my favorite players to watch because he's so much better than every other player at his position.
Brees doesn't belong in the top ten, but POLAMALU DOES? You can't be serious.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Brees doesn't belong in the top ten, but POLAMALU DOES? You can't be serious.
Id have to agree, no way should Brees fall out of the top 10, thats just insane, the guy is the Saints. Take him off that team and they might win 4-5 games.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EDIT: derp. Misread something.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Tom Brady
4. Darrelle Revis
5. Drew Brees
6. Adrian Peterson
7. Haloti Ngata
8. Larry Fitzgerald
9. Demarcus Ware
10. Patrick Willis

Thats my guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The official results are in:

10. Patrick Willis
9. Haloti Ngata
8. Adrian Peterson
7. Larry Fitzgerald
6. DeMarcus Ware
5. Darrelle Revis
4. Tom Brady
3. Calvin Johnson
2. Drew Brees
1. Aaron Rodgers
Im just glad that Rodgers was/is #1 if nothing else. Another **** you to #4.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:13 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You know the Saints wouldn't win more than 4 or 5 games without Brees right? That offensive line would start to give up more sacks, the run game would falter, and the smoke and mirrors defense would crumble like Doritos chips. Brees is the franchise. Brees has a solid cast around him. That doesn't overrate him. By that logic Steve Young shouldn't have been a top ten player at any point in his career because he had Jerry Rice his entire tenure on the 49ers plus other guys like Watters, Hearst, Owens, Jones, and Taylor to go along with a good coaching staff. Young also went to one Super Bowl as a starter and won only one. Come on, you're really making a stretch saying Drew Brees isn't a top ten player in the NFL. Especially when Troy Polamalu is in your personal top ten list.

As for Aaron Rodgers, I could see him as the top player in the NFL and he deserves that, but I don't think he's on an untouchable level compared to Brees, Manning or Brady.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:59 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Matt Ryan didnt make the list?
Old 07-02-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Nope and Tim Tebow did. Further proof most players are crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
It's not a big deal, each year there are great players left off the list, while others are over/undervalued. Eli didn't make the list last year either. This year is going to be make or break for Ryan. Either he will prove a ton of people wrong like I think he will, or he will continue to be seen as slightly above-average. He killed it down the stretch this past year after a really slow start.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
It's not a big deal, each year there are great players left off the list, while others are over/undervalued. Eli didn't make the list last year either. This year is going to be make or break for Ryan. Either he will prove a ton of people wrong like I think he will, or he will continue to be seen as slightly above-average. He killed it down the stretch this past year after a really slow start.
No. Just.... No. Matt Ryan is solid, but there's just no way in hell that he belongs on this list. I could name tons of players not on this list that are ahead of Ryan. It doesn't matter that Tebow is on the list. That's an anomaly and an indictment of the people who voted for this list.

Then again... You don't have to do much to be considered a HoF'er in Atlanta.

Can't wait for the "Brent Grimes should be in the HoF" talk in few years time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Can't wait for the "Brent Grimes should be in the HoF" talk in few years time...

To be fair, Abraham could get in during a weak class year because of all them sacks. Then again, by that criteria, Kevin Greene should already be in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You just called Matt Ryan great?

Old 07-02-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
To be fair, Abraham could get in during a weak class year because of all them sacks. Then again, by that criteria, Kevin Greene should already be in.
Yeah, that's kinda the point. Abraham has never been the best player at his position and he hasn't won a SB. Longevity shouldn't equate to a bust in Canton.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Yeah, that's kinda the point. Abraham has never been the best player at his position and he hasn't won a SB. Longevity shouldn't equate to a bust in Canton.
People fall in love with consistency, but when theyre consistently not the single best player at their position during their career then they dont belong in Canton.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Abe shouldnt be in the hall of fame its the Hall of Fame not the Hall of Very Good
Old 07-02-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No. Just.... No. Matt Ryan is solid, but there's just no way in hell that he belongs on this list. I could name tons of players not on this list that are ahead of Ryan. It doesn't matter that Tebow is on the list. That's an anomaly and an indictment of the people who voted for this list.

Did you seriously quote an article talking about the Atlanta Falcons Message Board? Pretty laughable. Abe has no shot at the HOF, nor did I say he did. You could go to any official message board and get the same garbage from any team. I also think it's pretty unarguable that Ryan is better than Tebow and Flacco at this point, but I've already mentioned this list doesn't really mean anything to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
You just called Matt Ryan great?
Nope, I was just making a point. I never said "Matt Ryan is great!". He obviously has a lot to prove and I think he will make great strides in doing so this year. Like I said before, I think it will be a make it or break it year for him. I could very well be wrong, we will find out now that he will be in a much more pass oriented offense.

Last edited by Bulldogs : 07-02-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Bulldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Double post......
Old 07-02-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Did you seriously quote an article talking about the Atlanta Falcons Message Board? Pretty laughable. Abe has no shot at the HOF, nor did I say he did. You could go to any official message board and get the same garbage from any team.
First of all, I never said that you think Abe is a HoF'er. I just found it interesting since all Falcons fans are doing is overrating their own players all of the ******* time.

Quote:
I also think it's pretty unarguable that Ryan is better than Tebow and Flacco at this point, but I've already mentioned this list doesn't really mean anything to me.
Tebow, sure. Flacco? Well all he's done is leading the Ravens to the playoffs and winning post season games. Tell me, how many PO W's does Ryan have? I get that you want to support your own player, but being an ignorant homer is just pathetic. And don't come here and tell me that the lists doesn't mean anything when you're negging me for stating the obvious: That Ryan does not belong in the top 100 and Falcons fans overrate their own players.

Quote:
Old 07-02-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
First of all, I never said that you think Abe is a HoF'er. I just found it interesting since all Falcons fans are doing is overrating their own players all of the ******* time.

Tebow, sure. Flacco? Well all he's done is leading the Ravens to the playoffs and winning post season games. Tell me, how many PO W's does Ryan have? I get that you want to support your own player, but being an ignorant homer is just pathetic. And don't come here and tell me that the lists doesn't mean anything when you're negging me for stating the obvious: That Ryan does not belong in the top 100 and Falcons fans overrate their own players.
Fact is the AFMB has absolutely zero barring over what fans here think. All fans on official message boards overrate players, guaranteed. That article has zero place in this discussion. I really hope I'm not coming off as an ignorant homer, as I've made some pretty fair, rational arguments. As I said before, this upcoming year is huge for Ryan.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Ghost of Juice
Rookie

Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

To be fair, every fan base overrates their own players.

As far as the list goes, who really cares if some players didn't make the top 100 or they weren't high enough on it. It was done for entertainment purposes and I do not take it very seriously.
Ghost of Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Fact is the AFMB has absolutely zero barring over what fans here think. All fans on official message boards overrate players, guaranteed. That article has zero place in this discussion. I really hope I'm not coming off as an ignorant homer, as I've made some pretty fair, rational arguments. As I said before, this upcoming year is huge for Ryan.
In which universe is
Quote:
I also think it's pretty unarguable that Ryan is better than Tebow and Flacco at this point
a fair argument?

Quote: