Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i sometimes forget that the raptors are in the nba

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna be interesting to see what Rob Hennigan does with Dwight, Redick, and Anderson. The decision on Redick comes this week.

There's enough teams out there willing to trade for Dwight without him giving them a promise to extend, but even if there's not, I really don't see any problem just seeing him booed at home for the entire season and then having the cap space next season to start over. I at least want to watch this play out until the trade deadline. I think the Magic fans deserve the chance to eat him alive during the regular season. hahahahaha.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He deserves the home court hostility. I really hope he gets it.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
i sometimes forget that the raptors are in the nba
Best team in the NBA son.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't get why Dwight doesn't want to just go to LA and play with Kobe...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the magics say **** you and trade him to whatever team they want and deron moves on from the nets, that will be my only wish of the off season.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Cudders
Rookie

Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Because Kobe would eat him alive. You need thick skin to survive with Kobe because heís such a demanding teammate.

Kobe is one of the most super competitive athletes Iíve ever seen. Itís what has made him an all-time great. But, at the same time, Kobe isnít afraid of putting his teammates on blast and he isnít just elated to be in the presence of another superstar. That aura doesnít affect or blind him. He wants to win championships. Superstar or not, heís going to be critical of what he perceives as mistakes. And I donít think Dwight Howard wants to deal with that. Plus, when Kobe retires in a few seasons, I donít think Dwight wants to accept the mantle of being ďthe manĒ again. Even more so for a high-pressure franchise like the Lakers.

Honestly, Dwight and his people have handled this situation disastrously. I thought it would be a while before anyone botched an exit strategy as bad as LeBron did, but all it took was two years.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He doesn't want to be seen following in Shaq's shadow. Leaving Orlando for LA.

Of course he does call him self Superman after Shaq already did so who knows.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think all of those reasons are stupid. But he is clearly pretty stupid so I guess I buy them.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight does seem like the type of person who would want to avoid playing with a guy like Kobe. He is very loose, and just doesnt ever seem to take anything seriously and that wouldnt mix well with Kobe. Then again it could be the best thing to ever happen to him, for all we know Kobe shoving a foot up his ass would make him more of a force than he already is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dwight wants to win a championship by saying he did it. Pairing up with a PG like Deron who will dish to him and play 2nd fiddle works. Joining Kobe, DRose or Durant doesn't. He wants the glory. The last thing he wants is to join a contender.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

except paired with Deron, the Nets become somewhat of a contender.

also, if the Nets don't trade for D12 by July 11th (or 13th, I forget), he won't be a net. Bropez has to be dealt within 2 days of signing the contract/tender or else he can't be traded til december. if that's the case, the Nets aren't waiting on Dwight and will go for someone else to pair with Bropez, Wallace and hopefully Deron
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
except paired with Deron, the Nets become somewhat of a contender.

also, if the Nets don't trade for D12 by July 11th (or 13th, I forget), he won't be a net. Bropez has to be dealt within 2 days of signing the contract/tender or else he can't be traded til december. if that's the case, the Nets aren't waiting on Dwight and will go for someone else to pair with Bropez, Wallace and hopefully Deron
That's interesting news. When asked at the press conference Hennigan said the Magic would move at their own pace and not at Dwight's. They're gonna do what's best for them and the timeline was fluid. They are going through trade proposals and I don't think they will rush it at all.

Oh and yes, the Nets would definitely be a contender with Dwight, but without him they aren't... that's the point.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why doesn't Dwight have any interest in Atlanta? I know rivals don't often trade, but Dwight for something like Horford and Teague seems like a reasonable trade for both sides.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That's interesting news. When asked at the press conference Hennigan said the Magic would move at their own pace and not at Dwight's. They're gonna do what's best for them and the timeline was fluid. They are going through trade proposals and I don't think they will rush it at all.

Oh and yes, the Nets would definitely be a contender with Dwight, but without him they aren't... that's the point.
Yeah, it's going to be interesting. I'm not 100% sure on that, but one of the Nets beat writers said it. So it could get REALLY interesting for the Dwightmare if that deadline comes and goes and the nets move on and get JJ. I'm not sure, unless it was a sign and trade or trade at the deadline involving Bropez, that it'd work. If it happened that way, there'd be no way the Nets could take on a crap contract from Orlando. I mean, it very well could still happen after that, or we just wait and try and sign him (not likely IMO). It's going to be a long week or 2.

Also, Deron's supposed to announce his decision by Wednesday. Apparently Nets are in the lead, but I will never get my hopes up with the Nets. ever.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

I think it's funny that we sent Michael Finley has an ambassador to meet with Deron, where the hell did he come from!?

Old 07-02-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

that's funny as hell actually.

Also, apparently a deal for joe johnson is "pretty much done" via twitter.

well, here's the link...

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/7/2/31...oks-draft-pick

Quote:
Old 07-02-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Colin Stephenson ‏@Ledger_Nets
Hearing the Nets-Joe Johnson deal is "pretty much done.''
Old 07-02-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, so if they're taking on Joe Johnson's atrocity of a contract, how are they gonna pay Deron and trade for Dwight..?
Old 07-02-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

looks like offseasons, after this one with Dwight and Deron news still all about, will be boring for the Nets with tied up cap we've got for 3-4 years. Luckily, Johnson can still play at a really high level and it's 3 years.

Just not sure if:

A) We can get Dwight now

B) a team of Deron-JJ-Wallace-teletovich-Bropez is a true contender
Quote:
Old 07-02-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How are you gonna get Deron and Wallace?! Deron is gonna require $15m+/year, and the Wallace deal is allegedly for $10m/per. How is this possible?!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Wait, so if they're taking on Joe Johnson's atrocity of a contract, how are they gonna pay Deron and trade for Dwight..?
I think it means the end of the Dwight to the nets. we've got bird rights on Deron though I think

edit: we're now apparently not dealing that pick
Quote:
Old 07-02-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems to be done. No Brooks or Green.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/7/2/31...oks-draft-pick
Old 07-02-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

we plan on using the MLE on teletovic and then uhm...uhm, yeah, idk. we like a lot of D-leaguers like keeping Green for a hometown discount and...yeah
Quote:
Old 07-02-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

PG Deron Williams
SG Joe Johnson
SF Gerald Wallace
PF Kris Humphries
C Brook Lopez

That's nothing to scoff at.