Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 06-28-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WR wise...I see us keeping six WR's...Moss, Crabtree, Manningham, Williams, Jenkins and Ginn.

I wouldnt keep Owusu because in the NFL, he's one hit from possibly retiring. Its sad to say but personally, I think that he should do just that. I can see him easily on the practice squad and would be shocked if any team signed him to their active roster.

Dont see Tolzien making the roster over Johnson but do see him being on the PS. As for Jacobs, I'll be shocked if we keep six RB's. Gore, James and Hunter are guarantees in my opinion as is Miller and Cartwright. Dont see Jacobs playing special teams and because of that, will be surprised if Harbaugh keeps six RB's especially when we dont need Jacobs.

James and Hunter are in my opinion our future at RB as our WCO speed back combination. For as long as Gore is a 49er, I would much rather see him try to be the RB that scores on short yardage plays instead of Jacobs. Personally, I think that Jacobs is done regardless of how well he may be doing in the off-season.

Also, he's an egomaniac who wants the ball. When you look at our WR core, RB core plus Davis and Walker, quite honestly, there's no room for him whatsoever so unless one of the top three RB's gets injured in TC or PreSeason, I'll be shocked if Jacobs makes the final 53.
dan77733 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That message came through clearly during a discussion with safety Donte Whitner after a minicamp practice two weeks ago. Whitner, who didn't even sign with the 49ers until camp was under way in August, says the difference will be in the details. As good as the 49ers were on defense last season -- the unit produced 42 sacks, 38 turnovers, three first-team All-Pro selections, two finalists for defensive player of the year and the most impressive defensive rookie this side of Von Miller -- they ran a dumbed-down version of coordinator Vic Fangio's system.

"It was almost like jimmying it, a makeshift thing," Whitner said. "Putting this player here, teaching this one day, then teaching another player something different the next day, because time was cut so short without training camp and OTAs, and not being able to have attention to detail. Vic had to simplify what we were doing and it still worked."

Quote:
It's about understanding not only what the coaches are calling on a given play but also why they're calling it and what options exist within it. Players become an extension of their coaches. They learn to anticipate.

"You can give the linebackers options on what coverage we're going to play based on what players are at certain positions on the field," Whitner explained. "For example, if we were going up against a tight end like Vernon Davis in a three-by-one formation, there would be 2-3-4 calls to take him out, and they would give us the freedom to do that. But in order to do that, everybody has to be on the same page."

The safeties would have to communicate details to the linebackers. The linebackers would have to communicate with the defensive linemen. Whitner, the strong safety, would have to communicate with Goldson, the free safety, who might let the right cornerback, Tarell Brown, know he won't have help on the play, while informing the left corner, Rogers, that he's got backup. And it would all happen instinctively.

"There are so many different little things that we didn't get to do last year," Whitner said. "It actually takes two to three years to really get all the verbiage down, to really understand that I know this player is going to be where he’s supposed to be even if he is disguising. We are reaching that comfort level. Last year in the playoffs was just a small taste of what we can do on defense."
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...d-elite-status

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 06-29-2012 at 08:35 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, whatever. I hear things like this every season. Such as the entire offensive playbook hasn't been exposed, there are a lot of things folks haven't seen yet, just you wait, etc. The defense has already proven itself. It's the offense that needs to step up it's game.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness
The defense has already proven itself. It's the offense that needs to step up it's game.
Holy crap!!! One of the very few and rare times I agree with Ness. :)
Old 06-30-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Meh, whatever. I hear things like this every season. Such as the entire offensive playbook hasn't been exposed, there are a lot of things folks haven't seen yet, just you wait, etc. The defense has already proven itself. It's the offense that needs to step up it's game.
Your downplaying what the lockout affected defensively. The article points to the defense being much more multifaceted, which we will need this year. Our defense was really simplistic last year but they executed extraordinarily well. Its nice to know that even that side of the ball can improve greatly. With the offenses we face this year, its good to know we have more to throw at teams than what they saw on tape last year.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Not happy about this. Hope Aldon heals up and everything but he needs to stay the hell away from crap like this. Stay away from parties. This guy is well known which makes him a target, directly and indirectly. Stay the hell home Aldon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ng-up-a-fight/
Old 06-30-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Stay the hell home Aldon.
Your sentiments are pure. Unfortunately he WAS at home, Dan. The party in which he was stabbed was at his house.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Your sentiments are pure. Unfortunately he WAS at home, Dan. The party in which he was stabbed was at his house.
WOW!!! I havent read that yet but if its true, thats even worse. Having psychos with knives and guns come to your house for a party. Seriously, people nowadays have no common sense whatsoever. Aldon need to stop being careless and stupid because this is now two incidents in six months. Wont be surprised if there's a third before the year is over and regardless of whether Aldon was trying to stop a fight or not, he needs to be smarter and not cause a situation (like having a party at his house or going to one) in which something anything can happen.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WOW!!! I havent read that yet but if its true, thats even worse. Having psychos with knives and guns come to your house for a party. Seriously, people nowadays have no common sense whatsoever. Aldon need to stop being careless and stupid because this is now two incidents in six months. Wont be surprised if there's a third before the year is over and regardless of whether Aldon was trying to stop a fight or not, he needs to be smarter and not cause a situation (like having a party at his house or going to one) in which something anything can happen.
Have you ever been to a house party Dan? Sometimes you don't know who is going to show up. Especially when it grows to over 100 people. At that point it gets out of control. A young man his age should be able to throw a party at his house. The only problem is just that if something goes down, then it will make the NFL look bad because he's a player. But it's not like it's against the law for him to have a party. And throwing your own party doesn't mean you are "causing a situation". Didn't Frank Gore throw a birthday party a couple of years back and then some college kids that were violating NCAA rules for something appeared. If I remember correctly Gore said himself that it was crazy and you don't know who is going to show up. House parties don't have strict protocols. There isn't high security and there aren't pat downs for weapons. Aldon Smith just needs to lay low for a while that's all. And we don't know even know what happened exactly that sparked the incident. Apparently he was trying to break up a fight.

Quote:
Old 07-01-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Have you ever been to a house party Dan? Sometimes you don't know who is going to show up. Especially when it grows to over 100 people. At that point it gets out of control. A young man his age should be able to throw a party at his house. The only problem is just that if something goes down, then it will make the NFL look bad because he's a player. But it's not like it's against the law for him to have a party. And throwing your own party doesn't mean you are "causing a situation". Didn't Frank Gore throw a birthday party a couple of years back and then some college kids that were violating NCAA rules for something appeared. If I remember correctly Gore said himself that it was crazy and you don't know who is going to show up. House parties don't have strict protocols. There isn't high security and there aren't pat downs for weapons. Aldon Smith just needs to lay low for a while that's all. And we don't know even know what happened exactly that sparked the incident. Apparently he was trying to break up a fight.
No, I have never ever been to a house party because thankfully, im not that stupid. I can understand having a small party with close friends, relatives and some women but keeping it small is the key. It never happens so why even bother having a house party in the first place? Also, nowadays, there's a lot of people who are just looking for trouble and want to start stuff which is why a young guy like Aldon needs to be smarter than this.

Stuff like this is basically asking for trouble because you know thats how its going to go eventually. I know Aldon was said to be breaking up a fight but everyone's missing the bigger picture. If he didnt have a house party, there wouldnt have been any fight for him to break up to begin with. I understand Aldon is young and wants to have fun but at the same time, he has to use the brain in his head and realize that what may sound like a great idea doesnt mean it will turn out that way.

A house party is basically a disaster waiting to happen and after Aldon's good rookie season and playoff run, im sure he's more well known than he even thinks he is and because of that, you have to use your brain and common sense instead of emotion and whatnot because in the end, the only person that can screw up his promising career is himself.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry Dan, but that post is just ridiculous. He threw a party at his house. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat
I'm sorry Dan, but that post is just ridiculous. He threw a party at his house. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Nothing wrong with throwing a party as long as you know who's coming and thus, invited. You throw a party and have strangers who you have never ever seen before in your house, sorry but thats stupid.

And like I said, I can see having a small party with people you know and more importantly, trust and can be trusted. Once it goes past that, its basically a problem waiting to happen.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Aldon wants to live in Dan's utopia society lol.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
No, I have never ever been to a house party because thankfully, im not that stupid. I can understand having a small party with close friends, relatives and some women but keeping it small is the key. It never happens so why even bother having a house party in the first place? Also, nowadays, there's a lot of people who are just looking for trouble and want to start stuff which is why a young guy like Aldon needs to be smarter than this.

Stuff like this is basically asking for trouble because you know thats how its going to go eventually. I know Aldon was said to be breaking up a fight but everyone's missing the bigger picture. If he didnt have a house party, there wouldnt have been any fight for him to break up to begin with. I understand Aldon is young and wants to have fun but at the same time, he has to use the brain in his head and realize that what may sound like a great idea doesnt mean it will turn out that way.

A house party is basically a disaster waiting to happen and after Aldon's good rookie season and playoff run, im sure he's more well known than he even thinks he is and because of that, you have to use your brain and common sense instead of emotion and whatnot because in the end, the only person that can screw up his promising career is himself.
So you are stupid if you go to a giant house party? Sorry Dan, but that just sounds like jealous loser talk right there. I guess whenever Michigan, Texas, or Ohio State has a big ass house party those guys are all dumb ***** for attending.

Aldon is probably having a house party in response to still wanting to have some fun in the offseason without the trouble a DUI might bring. A house party isn't a disaster waiting to happen give me a break. By the way Frank Gore was an idiot for throwing that big birthday party a couple of years back in Miami that sparked controversy.

The majority of your posts Dan are terrible, but this one has to be on your top five list of pure garbage.

Quote:
Nothing wrong with throwing a party as long as you know who's coming and thus, invited. You throw a party and have strangers who you have never ever seen before in your house, sorry but thats stupid.

And like I said, I can see having a small party with people you know and more importantly, trust and can be trusted. Once it goes past that, its basically a problem waiting to happen.
Yeah you've never been to a party. There are no pat downs or security. As long as you know someone you can pretty much get in. And that kind of party isn't at a college or at a frat house where there actually might be some security. When it gets to around 100 people you can't control what happens. Part of the fun of actually having a house party is having certain people you know show up while bringing some of their friends who you assume can be trusted because you trust your initial buddies. No one micro manages a house party like that. And you aren't breaking the law by having a house party. It's not like Aldon did anything wrong. He was actually trying to stop bad **** from going down. What's next? Aldon Smith can't walk his dog because of the potential that it could bite someone that it walks past on the street?

If Aldon is going to be in the NFL 10+ years he's not going to just go to or have small "get togethers" at his house. Nor should he have to. That's ridiculous.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 07-01-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

There's nothing wrong with having a house party or going to one but thats not the point. The point is that Aldon is screwing himself over and for what? To have a few hours of fun? Yeah, thats smart. Parties are good and all but eventually, they get out of control and thats when bad stuff happens. Its just the way it is. I dont know how old you guys are but im 34, im not a little kid looking to get laid. Difference between me and Aldon is that im not making millions playing a kids game and im definitely not in the spotlight or could be a target for stuff like what happened at Aldon's house.

Aldon needs to be smarter than that. He also needs to realize that its not just himself he needs to think of. He needs to think of his teammates, coaches, management and of course, his family. No reason to put your life, health and career in jeopardy just so you can have a house party.

Aldon should consider himself lucky. He didnt get into an accident or kill anyone back in January. He got lucky by not having any serious or life threatening injuries but eventually, luck runs out.

You guys want to make fun of me for never being at a house party, go ahead. I could care less. But if you guys seriously think that Aldon isnt doing anything wrong, you're sadly mistaken. Players always put themselves in stupid situations and then want to make excuses for those mistakes. Aldon has put himself in a bad and stupid situation, not once but twice.

Huge difference between walking a dog and throwing a house party with no security and God knows who shows up looking to start trouble. The difference being one situation you can control, the other you cant. Maybe you guys are just too young to realize the difference.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm just going to quote my previous post because it applies again.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm just going to quote my previous post because it applies again.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:07 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with having a house party or going to one but thats not the point. The point is that Aldon is screwing himself over and for what? To have a few hours of fun? Yeah, thats smart. Parties are good and all but eventually, they get out of control and thats when bad stuff happens. Its just the way it is. I dont know how old you guys are but im 34, im not a little kid looking to get laid. Difference between me and Aldon is that im not making millions playing a kids game and im definitely not in the spotlight or could be a target for stuff like what happened at Aldon's house.
Then what is the point? That Aldon should never have any fun in the offseason when most coaches are on vacation and mini camps are over with? That Aldon should stay in his house everyday and not do anything? You might as well tell that message to every single athlete in professional sports in America. Right, I'm sure Aldon's main agenda for attending/throwing parties is to get laid. He's has so much trouble outside that atmosphere. And professional football a kids game? How about they trot your 34 year old ass for one series against the Packers on opening day at halfback and you come back and still think it's a children's game.

Quote:
You guys want to make fun of me for never being at a house party, go ahead. I could care less. But if you guys seriously think that Aldon isnt doing anything wrong, you're sadly mistaken. Players always put themselves in stupid situations and then want to make excuses for those mistakes. Aldon has put himself in a bad and stupid situation, not once but twice.

Huge difference between walking a dog and throwing a house party with no security and God knows who shows up looking to start trouble. The difference being one situation you can control, the other you cant. Maybe you guys are just too young to realize the difference.
Or maybe you are just too old and senile to realize that you are blowing things out of proportion/context. Please spare us the "age" card. You don't know anyone here on this forum or what roads they've walked on. Aldon has no more control of someone deciding to sneak in a strap at a 100 plus house party than he does walking a dog down the street and the dog deciding to attack a random stranger, regardless of how well the dog is trained. It just takes one instance. By this logic Aldon should never walk on a public street again because he doesn't have control of oncoming traffic. You're right though, those are two different situations. Every situation is different. And it's hard to grasp each different situation when you aren't there in the first place Dan.

Quote:
Old 07-02-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Or maybe you are just too old and senile to realize that you are blowing things out of proportion/context. Please spare us the "age" card. You don't know anyone here on this forum or what roads they've walked on.
He can play the age card all he wants. I'll be 36 in August. Let's just say that I partied alot in my college years/decade. I've hosted house parties with huge numbers. I've been a complete stranger at house parties with huge numbers. I've bounced at clubs that you couldn't even walk in because they were over capacity. I've played shows in which the police have broken up with guns drawn.

None of that determines the type of person I am. It says that I lead a lifestyle that was more dangerous than some. It says absolutely nothing about my character.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Default Drew Brees on Alex Smith

Quote:
Q: Do you see similarities between you and Alex Smith?

DB: I met Alex ... Alex actually came and trained with us a little bit down here (in San Diego) with another guy, Todd Durkin, who I still train with. We worked down here in what would have been - '06 maybe? It was when Reggie Bush was a rookie because they went to high school together in Helix (high school) here in San Diego. That's when I first met Alex. And you could immediately see, 'Hey this guy's a great athlete, he's got a great head on his shoulders, he works extremely hard and all those things. What made me like him and follow him and follow his career - obviously he's had a lot of different offensive systems. A lot different coaches, a lot of turnover around him, and he's had to suffer through some injuries. It's been one tough break after another for him. And yet, you feel like he's always handled himself very well despite the circumstances and despite the tough situations. And so whenever you see a guy like that succeed like he was able to last year - at our expense (laughs) - you still have to be very proud of the guy and happy for him. Any time you see a guy overcome adversity and handle to the right way, I'm happy for those guys. And they deserve it. Because it's not easy to do. Not everybody can do it. But he definitely seems like he's had to come up the hard way in that regard, and he's handled it very well."

Q: When did you talk to Smith about Tom House?

DB It was at the Super Bowl. He asked me about working with Tom. He said he had some things mechanically he had to work on - the shoulder and that kind of thing. And I said, 'There's no better guy to do that than Tom House. And I'll reach out to Tom and let him know you'll be contacting him. But I think it's a great fit, and let me know what you think. I'm happy to set you guys up.' Like I said, I have a lot of respect for Alex. I can appreciate the road he's travelled to get to where he's at. Certainly, I love Tom House I know what he's meant for my career and I know just how much he can help, both mentally and physically, especially at the quarterback position."

Q: Did he also help you after the '06 shoulder surgery?

DB: I had to learn how to throw again, honestly. I couldn't throw for four months. And when I came back and started throwing, it was just throwing five yards. So I had to start from scratch and I had to re-learn the throwing mechanics again. I mean, it was there. It was just a matter of getting it all wired correctly again.

Q: So there's really no overstating just how big those shoulder injuries are for a quarterback?

DB: Yeah, it can be significant. And like Tom says, there's so many little elements to it. If you hurt one thing, you can start over compensating, your mechanics change, you start putting more stress on a different part of your shoulder, your elbow - there's a lot of things that go into a throwing motion
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...very-well.html

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 07-02-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Goon61
Rookie

Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Dan.

The fact that Aldon is associated with people who shoot and stab each other worries me as well as the fact that he got arrested for DUI. There are many nfl players that fizzle out and lose motivation once they get a big paycheck. I just hope these things aren't signs of that being the case.

I think Aldon should surround himself either with people that care about him, and not just his money, or his colleagues. I think that goes for anyone trying to achieve big things. That is because your colleagues can give you useful advice in your field and can motivate you to work harder because you are competing with them. I think an important component to success is surrounding yourself with the right people. However that doesn't work for everyone. Joes Nameth spent most of his free time partying although I don't think anyone in his entourage was ever shot...
Goon61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon61 View Post
I agree with Dan.

The fact that Aldon is associated with people who shoot and stab each other worries me as well as the fact that he got arrested for DUI. There are many nfl players that fizzle out and lose motivation once they get a big paycheck. I just hope these things aren't signs of that being the case.

I think Aldon should surround himself either with people that care about him, and not just his money, or his colleagues. I think that goes for anyone trying to achieve big things. That is because your colleagues can give you useful advice in your field and can motivate you to work harder because you are competing with them. I think an important component to success is surrounding yourself with the right people. However that doesn't work for everyone. Joes Nameth spent most of his free time partying although I don't think anyone in his entourage was ever shot...
Has it been confirmed that people were shot? If so were they confirmed to be friends with Smith?

We make correlations that often don't exist.

He should make better decisions. He should maintain a lifestyle that won't get him into trouble. He should probably party less, etc, etc, etc. But we don't know if the violence of the other night was related to Smith in any more than he being a victim of it.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

You guys can make fun of me all you want but some here are missing the main point. If Aldon was more careful with how he lives his life, we wouldnt be having this discussion right now. He wants to have fun, great but considering the fact that he's extremely lucky and gifted and talented to be playing in the NFL, he shouldnt take that for granted.

As for me, RB no. I'll play WR or Safety though. And im pretty sure that I would do better than what Crabtree did against the Giants in the NFC Championship game even though thats not saying much.

I'm not bashing anyone here but nowdays it seems like most people are just looking to be cool and fit in with the cool kids. Sorry but getting stabed, arrested, shot or whatever doesnt sound cool or a lot of fun to me but then again, thankfully, I have never ever been arrested, stabed or shot so who knows, maybe I should throw a house party, get wasted and start some ****. Then, I'll be having a blast and a lot of fun. Maybe, I can get some internal bleeding and stuff and some stiches and some scars. Oh man!!! I cant wait. I'm throwing a party this weekend. Oh man, drunk tank, here I come. Woo hoo!!! I'm going to be partying and having a lot fun. Cant wait.

But whatever, to each his/her own as I could care less what anyone does as long as it doesnt affect me personally whatsoever.

Last edited by dan77733 : 07-02-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

I don't 100% disagree, Dan. The problem I have with it, is sadly, just like politics, it's either one side or the other. The truth is typically somewhere in the middle.

Noone can 100% defend Aldon Smith because we don't know if or what involvement he had in the stabbing. The opposite should also be true.

Here's my analogy...

Blaming Smith for being stabbed at a house party is similar to...

A guy jumps out of an airplane, his chute doesn't open, he dies. Blame him because he was doing something dangerous.

Possible reasons...

1) The guy failed to inspect his own chute and it resulted in him suffering his fate. It was his fault for not doing what was essential.

2) The guy simply jumped because he's been doing it and it's fun. The chute failed because there was a manufacturer's defect. It was no fault of the jumper, yet he suffered the consequences.

3) Any combination of the two.

We can defend Smith because of analogy 2. Yet, we don't know the truth.
We can bash Smith because of analogy 1. Yet, we don't know the truth.

It's likely analogy 3 but none of us know for sure. We shouldn't blindy defend or bash, or character assassinate without facts.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I'm not bashing Aldon for having a party. I'm bashing Aldon because he's not being as responsible as he should be considering who he is. He may not realize it but im sure he's more well known than he thinks he is and because of that, he's a target for stuff like this.

Two incidents in six months and some guys here are missing the point. What happens if say, he suffered worse injuries or died. 49ers dont have pass rush this season and struggle? It basically becomes a domino effect and thats what bugs me the most. So many athletes are more fortunate than they realize and it pisses me off because they dont use the brain thats in their head. No one is going to give a damn what happens to Aldon but himself but when you see stuff like this, its almost like Aldon doesnt even care.

If he's going to throw a house party and spend the money required to do so, do it right and hire security to ensure that something like a stabbing and shooting doesnt happen. Considering the money spent, whats an extra 20 grand or so?

There's no common sense whatsoever. Seriously, having a party isnt more important than his long term future. You see and read about it all the time. These young guys do such stupid crap and then want to cry about it when they're my age and their money is all gone.

And getting into situations like this does show the kind of person he is. He's immature, irresponsible and not reliable. Thats not good. Football is a team sport and let's be honest, if Aldon gets suspended or whatnot from the DUI and the 49ers have no pass rush in those games he misses, thats not only hurting himself, but the team as a whole as well.

Fine, he was trying to do the right thing but he got stabbed for his efforts and he's lucky that the injuries he suffered arent serious. Next time, he may not be that lucky. For me personally, I look at it this way....no house party equals no assholes with knives and guns looking to start stuff and thus, no stab wounds, no police, no incident, etc. Crap like this is just a problem waiting to happen and more people involved, the greater the chance there is for a problem. I just dont think that having a house party for a few hours of fun is worth getting stabbed and going to the hospital for.

And yeah, I know that not every house party will go bad but more times than not, they usually do because im sure there's drugs, alcohol, etc. there and obviously, just a matter of time before two drunk assholes bump into each other or whatever, and bam, bullets start flying or whatever.

People may think im way off or stupid for what I post but im the one who's healthy sitting in front of my computer and being comfortable in my house as opposed to being in the hospital healing from stab wounds and having the police question me. Seriously, there's far better ways that are safe and fun to spend your time.