Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-23-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://vimeo.com/42209600
Old 05-23-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
Church Street......I actually don't like Church St. so much.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone have a problem with back abscess, its not a real one, where you pop it and puss comes out, but its just a bulg. Happens when ever i start working out again, and only on my back. I make sure to wipe all the benches before and after use. Maybe its just back sweat on the tshirt.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
anyone have a problem with back abscess, its not a real one, where you pop it and puss comes out, but its just a bulg. Happens when ever i start working out again, and only on my back. I make sure to wipe all the benches before and after use. Maybe its just back sweat on the tshirt.
Can't say I have even heard of that happening.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did a cosgrove complex today. Came home and immediately passed out. :/

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Did a cosgrove complex today. Came home and immediately passed out. :/
I'm so glad I introduced you guys to them!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post

Complexes, HIIT, and Keto took me from 223 to 183 in a tremendously short time. (for that kind of weight drop). I lost all of those early noob muscle gains though.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Complexes, HIIT, and Keto took me from 223 to 183 in a tremendously short time. (for that kind of weight drop). I lost all of those early noob muscle gains though.
Those sound like good stuff. My work schedule doesn't leave me a whole lot of time to do some of those routines and diets so, gonna have to do it the old fashioned way.

Run and hit the mma gym whenever I can. Want to get back down to my HS wrestling weight of 205.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Those sound like good stuff. My work schedule doesn't leave me a whole lot of time to do some of those routines and diets so, gonna have to do it the old fashioned way.

Run and hit the mma gym whenever I can. Want to get back down to my HS wrestling weight of 205.
The Cosgrove Complex takes like 15 minutes at the absolute max.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Cosgrove Complex takes like 15 minutes at the absolute max.

HIIT shouldn't take very long either.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll have to do my HW on those. School's out so I've got more wiggle room for working out.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...ded_physiqu e

The evil 8 is my favorite. It will ruin your life using a mere 95 lbs. I tried it with 135 once.....threw up.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...ded_physiqu e

The evil 8 is my favorite. It will ruin your life using a mere 95 lbs. I tried it with 135 once.....threw up.
haha... I Love the Evil 8. I did it at 135lbs first time as well.
Didn't throw up but I wanted to. Dropped down to 95 next time and stayed there.
Definitely an awesome workout. I haven't done it in a while though.
I think I'll throw it in the middle of my routine from time to time now.

edit: Wait, I'm lying. I first attempted it at 135 then thought it was ridiculous. So I bumped it down to 115 for the rest of the sets. On the next workout, I went down to 95 and felt comfortable there.
...it's been a while

Last edited by Nalej : 05-23-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hate you so much for it. A person shouldn't feel sore the way I do. I dread every day that I do it. And then right when I'm done I'm the happiest person on Earth. I do evil 8 with 95, I think if I had 45 minutes I MIGHT be able to do it with 135 hah.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post

Old 05-23-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i used to do the waterbury submission complex.

I couldn't do evil 8 because suck at good mornings.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 mins on a stationary bike on highest resistance I can handle.
100 bench presses with just the bar, sometimes ill throw 2.5s on there if I didnt lift that day.
100 lat pulldowns of whatever weight you can complete 100 at.
10 more mins on bike.
100 Shoulder dumbbell side raises (cant do more than 8.5 lbs.)
End it with another 10 mins.

Nice way to switch it up. I do it about 3 times a week. Work on my endurance a bit.

Huge fan of complexes too, great call on that.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do u guys cycle Prelift I'm getting used to mine
Old 06-23-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since I have a bad wrist, I tend to do bench presses with dumbbells instead of the bar. (Hurts less)
Yesterday, (day after my chest day) a friend of mine started clowning me until I submitted to trying 225 on the bar (I bet you can't do two of those!)
I put it up 6 times... I was pretty stoked. I thought 2 would be pushing it but gave it a try anyways to shut him up.
Looks like if I did on my next chest day, I could at least get 8 up. I'll probably stick to dumbbells though.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post

It's probably a stim. Go non stim or just go without one.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Since I have a bad wrist, I tend to do bench presses with dumbbells instead of the bar. (Hurts less)
Yesterday, (day after my chest day) a friend of mine started clowning me until I submitted to trying 225 on the bar (I bet you can't do two of those!)
I put it up 6 times... I was pretty stoked. I thought 2 would be pushing it but gave it a try anyways to shut him up.
Looks like if I did on my next chest day, I could at least get 8 up. I'll probably stick to dumbbells though.
Haha, I hear you. I broke one of my wrist really bad as a kid, and the other wrist also fairly bad so I can't bench worth a damn. I usually always stick to dumb bells for benching unless I go light or do some light close grip/narrow grip/incline/decline benching.

How much do you typically weight to you usually do for dumb bell benches?
Old 06-23-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

How much do you typically weight to you usually do for dumb bell benches?
I do a two week cycle for my workouts. 1st week is "normal" and is a 3 set 10/8/6 rep workout.
Week 2 is "heavy" and I do 4 x 5 workout.

On "normal", I do 95-100-100lbs
On "heavy", I do 100-110-110-110lbs (No 105's and the last two sets are a struggle)

I'm hoping to be able to grab the 120's on my next "heavy" week

Old 07-02-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

So, I decided to forgo the last month of the BBB 3 month challenge.

1. I didn't foresee 5x10 at 70% working out. I gazed into the future and imagined only getting maybe one or 2 clean sets of 10, with some possible ugly (4-5) 4th and 5th sets.

2. As I've gained more experience, I'm not a fan of 5x10 deadlifting, at any percentage. While I did it for the past two months without any serious back issue, I just don't think the deadlifting movement is one that should be repeated that many times. I'd much rather stay in the under 5 range.

So, in order to change things up, I decided I wanted to take a stab at Smolov Jr. for bench (http://www.seriouspowerlifting.com/2...cles/smolov-jr) while mixing in 531 leg work as the main movement, with the assistance work centered more around my preference.

Mon:
Smolov Bench
DB Rows: 5x10
Preacher Curls: 5x10
Face Pulls: 3x12
Pullups

Tuesday:
531 Squat
3 sets of 5 deadlift (55%, 65%, 75%)
Abs: 5x10
Leg Curl/Extension: 3x10

Wednesday:
Smolov Bench + Incline Walk

Thursday:
5/3/1 Deadlift
3x5 squat (55%, 65%, 75%)
Abs: 5x10
Leg Extension/Curl: 3x10

Friday:
Smolov Bench
DB Rows: 5x10
Preacher Curls: 5x10
Face Pulls: 3x12
Pullups

Saturday:
Smolov Bench + HIIT
Old 07-02-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Smolov Cycle is beastly.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I've been off for 4 weeks now after being on for 4. Mainly has to do with GNC's gold card week but I'll be back on soon. Should be plenty of time.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote