Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-03-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Or? Either get over ourselves or what? Was there more to that?

I'm asking because I don't know if I want to get over myself or the second option.
The second option is you go **** yourself. Your choice. Either one works.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I don't care if you dislike the show it's just funny to me that you're going to waste time watching something you don't enjoy. Also, on the last page you said you wouldn't like the show no matter who wrote but then you insert the "Sorkin Filter" comment. You have to know what the writer is trying to establish in order to fairly critique the show. You pointed out how you think it's supposed to a realistic portrayal of a new show but that's not what Sorkin is going for. He likes to show the viewers what we should strive to become but of course it will be in his own view. The dialouge and the sitcom like mishaps are 100% Sorkin. You either like it or you don't. I don't mind you criticizing the show but you're coming off just as preachy as Sorkin.
It's a show that's supposed to exist in the real world. You guys brought up LOST, and I was only responding to that since that show was set on a ******* fantasy island and not in a newsroom meant to mimic/resemble real CNN or Fox News shows.

It's not being as preachy as Sorkin. It's likening many of The Newsroom's elements to the run-of-the-mill shows pretty much ALL of us who comment hate and mock the few people who do watch them (CBS shows mostly).
Old 07-03-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
The second option is you go **** yourself. Your choice. Either one works.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised since you always act like this, but I was even surprised by it this time. You have reached new heights and you should be proud of yourself.

Anyway, keep watching whatever shows you want, but know that literally no one gives two shits what you think.

Enjoy!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the first half of The Newsroom was pretty meh but I enjoyed the last half. Yes the whole email **** seemed pretty damn contrived but I got over it pretty quick. Jeff Daniels is the ******* man.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I guess I shouldn't be surprised since you always act like this, but I was even surprised by it this time. You have reached new heights and you should be proud of yourself.

Anyway, keep watching whatever shows you want, but know that literally no one gives two shits what you think.

Enjoy!
Glad you think you speak for everyone, pal. Say what you will about me, but you come off looking like a ******* pansy who took offense because someone disagreed with him.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Daniels can literally do whatever he wants. And Emily Mortimer is kind of a babe on that show. Yeah I said it. Also I kind of have a crush on Alison Pill, even if they did drastically change her character in the span of 3 (show time) days.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I brought up Lost because it's a show that has more plot holes than you know what to do with. It shouldn't hide behind the fact that it's a sci fi show.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was pretty happy to see Ted from Six Feet Under show up but it seems he will once again be playing a douchebag.
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Glad you think you speak for everyone, pal. Say what you will about me, but you come off looking like a ******* pansy who took offense because someone who disagreed with him.
No, I don't even completely disagree with you. But like GF has tried to point out, and that you have quickly ignored and continued to whine about, you don't understand what the show is trying to do.

And I'm sorry, but I don't give a flying **** about the opinion of someone who says the show sucks before they watch it. You say you haven't seen any of his other shows, but you claimed he was a ****** writer before you saw any of them? Before you saw the pilot for this show?

Your opinion means absolutely nothing. Zero. Zilch.

Say whatever you want. You lost all credibility from jump street.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I brought up Lost because it's a show that has more plot holes than you know what to do with. It shouldn't hide behind the fact that it's a sci fi show.
I'm not even complaining about plot holes on The Newsroom. You're more than welcome to hate LOST. I gave my defense of it over the years, but at least I didn't go around telling people they're not allowed to comment on the show or not to watch it.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I was pretty happy to see Ted from Six Feet Under show up but it seems he will once again be playing a douchebag.
Hah, he is a great actor. I don't know if he's going to be a recurring guest on the show, but he definitely isn't a series regular. He should be though.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Messina is ******* awesome. It needs more of him.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I think he will be in a few more episodes. Ratings seem like too huge for Will. It would be weird to never see him again.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
No, I don't even completely disagree with you. But like GF has tried to point out, and that you have quickly ignored and continued to whine about, you don't understand what the show is trying to do.

And I'm sorry, but I don't give a flying **** about the opinion of someone who says the show sucks before they watch it. You say you haven't seen any of his other shows, but you claimed he was a ****** writer before you saw any of them? Before you saw the pilot for this show?

Your opinion means absolutely nothing. Zero. Zilch.

Say whatever you want. You lost all credibility from jump street.
I DO understand what the show is trying to do. Regardless, how many of the other criticisms that I've raised about the show have you defended?

I didn't state anything as fact prior to watching the pilot. I took notice of the overwhelming negative reviews from the critics and commented how disappointing that was. I wasn't rooting for the show to fail. I was as excited for this show as anyone when the trailer debuted. But then I watched the pilot episode, and the second episode and posted my critique ... and here we are with you bitching about my personal opinion rather than expressing one of your own.

You say my opinion means nothing to you, and yet you've just spent the morning (and yesterday, and the day before ...) arguing with me over my goddamn opinion. Sure seems like you've given it some credence. Or you're very confused as to what it means when you say you don't care.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I didn't state anything as fact prior to watching the pilot.
Quote:
Newsroom is ****. I mean, I haven't watched yet, but I plan on it.
Quote:
I was as excited for this show as anyone when the trailer debuted. But then I watched the pilot episode, and the second episode and posted my critique ... and here we are with you bitching about my personal opinion rather than expressing one of your own.
Quote:
I got that, but it was over the top. First, Jim is your direct superior. Second, he's done this job a long time before you. Listen to his advice. She basically blew him off from the beginning and still ended up brothing it up. She didn't want to do the practice call and she didn't want to listen to anyone. It didn't fit with someone being green and wanting to do well. It was someone who thought she knew it all.

And after the pilot episode, in which everything fell right for them to make it a perfect newscast, I liked the fact that nothing went well with this one.

There are flaws, but I am still thoroughly entertained by this show and the characters. I just hope Maggie gets better because I really liked her in the pilot.
Huh. Weird.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Are you unfamiliar with a tongue-in-cheek comment? I make them all the ******* time on these forums. The bottom line is I did watch it, and then I told you why it was a disappointment.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Speaking of ******* awful things on the show, here's Olivia Munn to make every actor on the show seem better.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Maybe so, but she is nice to look at. And I don't think she was too bad in her limited screen time in the second episode.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's no excuse. There's plenty of pretty and talented actresses out there that could have been given the part. Olivia Munn is awful and a distraction because of her awfulness.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

We will have to agree to disagree here. I don't think she's awful. Not great, and a weird casting choice when you look at the rest of the cast, but I don't think she is awful.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay apparently everyone from Michigan is just miserable.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Munn was good (and that's not including her ridiculous hotness).

I also don't get the purpose of watching something you don't enjoy just so you can whine about it on the internet, but that's me.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Munn was fine. At least she isn't trying to be funny on her own.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope her character accidentally texts naked pictures to the whole staff. Kind of mixing real life and the show.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote