Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I don't see how LeBron's exit strategy was nearly as bad as Dwight. He didn't say anything to Cleveland and just did what any normal free agent does, and THE DECISION raised a bunch of money for charity.
Such a BS argument and you know it. Dwight is a ******* moron who deserves to be scrutinized in the eyes of the public, but you know that your argument for Lebron is ********.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brodeur is a contrarian and Lebron fanboi, so i'm not surprised he's saying this. He dragged it out in a much more publicized free agency period, traveled across the country to visit different teams, all while knowing all along that his destination was Miami with Wade and Bosh. Plus, The Decision.

Dwight is a victim of his own selflessness, he was selfish in asking for a trade initially, then he saw how it reflected on him and was pressured into opting in, only to say '**** everyone, i do what i want' and ask for a trade again. I feel he's more naive and immature, while Lebron carefully schemed everything and gave a big middle finger to the Cavs.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
You're wrong though, it DOESN'T work in the NFL. In the NFL, the teams have just about all the leverage. They even collude with each other to screw players out of restricted free agency. It's awful how one sided it is, and it didn't get any better after last year's lockout, it's just too huge a machine to do anything about it.

They made a fix in this CBA for the Grant Hill thing. Your own team benefited greatly from it, by saving them from their own stupidity. There is a limited franchise tag, it's called RFA. Dwight signed an extension and they had eight whole years to do something with it. Most NFL players don't even play for eight years. I think he's earned his shot to start fresh elsewhere.

I just disagree with the whole 'let's keep him here even though he doesn't wanna be here' strategy. It sucks. Look at all the contract disputes in the NFL thanks to the franchise tag.
Is there something teams can do if players get hurt on them? I didn't know that. What is it?

I guess RFA is a form of the franchise tag. I'm not arguing that Dwight doesn't have the right to move on. I think he does. ...and I don't think he deserves crap for wanting to leave. It was a tough decision and he regretted it. Many people regret tough decisions. I don't get the harrassment because he made one... in sports no less.

But I think the tag works in the NFL and the players suck it up knowing this is the profession they chose.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Kings somehow end up with Ryan Anderson I'll be very happy. I'm thinking if the Howard trade goes through the Kings might be able to get Anderson with the Magic adding 2 players in the trade plus a PF to potentially replace Anderson. We need shooters and while Anderson isn't a SF, I think the coaching staff could manage to work out a rotation to get everyone their mins.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
If the Kings somehow end up with Ryan Anderson I'll be very happy. I'm thinking if the Howard trade goes through the Kings might be able to get Anderson with the Magic adding 2 players in the trade plus a PF to potentially replace Anderson. We need shooters and while Anderson isn't a SF, I think the coaching staff could manage to work out a rotation to get everyone their mins.
What? Say that again?

I'm interested to know what Jason Thompson is doing. He's the best big man available in FA right now, imo.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Is there something teams can do if players get hurt on them? I didn't know that. What is it?

I guess RFA is a form of the franchise tag. I'm not arguing that Dwight doesn't have the right to move on. I think he does. ...and I don't think he deserves crap for wanting to leave. It was a tough decision and he regretted it. Many people regret tough decisions. I don't get the harrassment because he made one... in sports no less.

But I think the tag works in the NFL and the players suck it up knowing this is the profession they chose.

Amnesty. You can amnesty a terrible contract, whatever the reason may be. Gilbert Arenas wasn't crippled by a devastating injury, but he might as well have been, since he was equally useful as Grant Hill was during those years.

I disagree with your assessment of the NFL tag, though. It works because there's nothing else to compare it to. They suck it up because they have no leverage to negotiate anything better for the players, as evidenced by the lockout. It's a tool that gives all the power to the team and none to the players, i don't like it at all.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brodeur is a contrarian and Lebron fanboi, so i'm not surprised he's saying this. He dragged it out in a much more publicized free agency period, traveled across the country to visit different teams, all while knowing all along that his destination was Miami with Wade and Bosh. Plus, The Decision.
He was only a free agent for a week. And I hate LeBron, I don't know where the idea that I'm a fan boy of him came from.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
He was only a free agent for a week. And I hate LeBron, I don't know where the idea that I'm a fan boy of him came from.
I was just breaking your balls, but you did become a Lebron fanboi for a few weeks in the playoffs, for the sake of being contrarian.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to keep up more with cap numbers and figures, because if somebody told me the Nets would have money to get Deron, Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, and Dwight all in the same off-season I'd probably had a good laugh about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was just breaking your balls, but you did become a Lebron fanboi for a few weeks in the playoffs, for the sake of being contrarian.
Nahhh, I just hate KG to depths that I can't even speak of, and I think people were complaining too much about the refs so I felt the need to defend him there.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-03-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Wonder what's taking Deron so long to make his decision...
Old 07-03-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
bye bye ray allen, gues he's for sure going to the Heat now. Not much big of a loss considering Jason Terry is better.
Not necessarily. With Bradley out until December, the Celtics could be in line to sign both. Besides, it might be nice to give Rondo a little more rest. If anything, I'd say this marks the end of Steimsma in Boston because the Celtics won't be able to match anything.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really happy that the Celtics are bringing in Terry, I couldnt give two shits about Allen anymore.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
The Celtics are close to signing Jason Terry.
The Celtics and Terry have agreed to a deal

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...a-3-year-deal/
Old 07-03-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Not necessarily. With Bradley out until December, the Celtics could be in line to sign both. Besides, it might be nice to give Rondo a little more rest. If anything, I'd say this marks the end of Steimsma in Boston because the Celtics won't be able to match anything.
Steimsma is actually a really underrated player, but I`m more curious to see what Fab Melo has to offer, although he is extremely raw.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's going to be weird seeing Terry in a Celtics jersey :\

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Allen or Marcus Camby come to Miami NOW.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Ray Allen or Marcus Camby come to Miami NOW.
I think Rashard Lewis is going there too.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Brooklyn just brought in Reggie Evans on a S&T with the Clippers.

@WojYahooNBA: Brooklyn is finalizing a sign-and-trade deal with the Los Angeles Clippers for Reggie Evans, league sources tell Y! Sports.

"Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick
Nets would take Evans into their $3 mil trade exception. Clips wouldn't see 2nd rounder for a while. Not sure what year 2nd is."
Old 07-03-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Grant Hill signs with a contender on a cheap deal. I want that guy to get a ring.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Brooklyn has agreed to a 3-year, $5M sign-and-trade for Reggie Evans, sources tell Y! The Clippers will get a distant future 2nd round pick.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well, you do need a shooter besides the Mormon.
You mean the guy who shot 38 percent from the field and worse than that from 3?

Quote:
Old 07-03-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boom.

Deron-JJ-Wallace-Teletovic-Bropez

Tyshawn, MarShon, Evans on the bench.

WATCH OUT EAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
You mean the guy who shot 38 percent from the field and worse than that from 3?
Skill set Alex, SKILL SET.

RIP TheManInBlack