Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-02-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All we know is that we should find out by noon Eastern tomorrow. Suter will probably sign later that day IMO.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
it's just like....come on Zachy! You, Travis, Kovy, the Adam's, Elias the ageless wonder and of course Marty. There's room to make a push this year and even a decently bright future. just stay home.

you're also the only sex appeal we have.

Wrong.

Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bryce Salvador resigns with New Jersey for three more years for 9.5 million. With them giving pretty decent money for both their old goalies and now Salvador, does this leave any money for Parise?

Edit: Nevermind, saw their cap situation.

Last edited by Hines : 07-03-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Hines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't understand what Detroit is doing right now. If Suter doesn't sign, they are in huge trouble. I have no idea what Holland is doing with the forward situation. Im upset with this free agency.
TimD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
I really don't understand what Detroit is doing right now. If Suter doesn't sign, they are in huge trouble. I have no idea what Holland is doing with the forward situation. Im upset with this free agency.
If they don't land Suter, expect them to sign Matt Carle just moments later. It'll mean a very weak defense, but there's really no alternative right now.

At forward, I anticipate they want to take a run at Shane Doan, but they currently have 16 NHL forwards on the roster already. Something doesn't add up. These are conditions for a trade, but they really don't have any appealing forwards for other teams to want.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weber seems to be really great friends with Ott, Hines. Not sure if he goes anywhere, but you never know. Someone has to get gone. Sekera or a contract year Leopold are the only ones that make sense. They both play relatively soft secondary offensive roles, but I'm not thrilled at the idea of losing either of them.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yay Bryce!

NOW JUST STAY PARISE PLEASE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Jagr to the Stars. 1 year for 4.5 million. Ok....
Old 07-03-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jagr signs with the Stars, 1 yr 4.5

edit: once again sniped by captain hines. i thought Jagr only wanted to play in the East? 4.5 might change that though.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Multiple 40-year olds and a contract year Derek Roy. Interesting moves and one interesting top-6.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sheldon Souray got 3 years, 11 million!?

Whoa.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hearing a lot of rumblings Suter and DET are hammering out the details on a 13 yr 90 million contract. Who knows though.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I guess Parise said that he and Suter would want to be a combo package. If that is true, Minnesota might be the pick for both.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I guess Parise said that he and Suter would want to be a combo package. If that is true, Minnesota might be the pick for both.
Detroit has the space for both, but I'd bet on Minnesota too if they sign together.

I will rage if we miss on Suter.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Detroit has the space for both, but I'd bet on Minnesota too if they sign together.

I will rage if we miss on Suter.
Ya I think Suter lands in Detroit. Parise stays or goes to Pittsburgh. I hope this ends soon.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Ya I think Suter lands in Detroit. Parise stays or goes to Pittsburgh. I hope this ends soon.
I predicted yesterday during Parise's 5 minutes that turned into 30 waiting period that I thought Brodeur would convince Parise to stay.

But I honestly have no clue really.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
I predicted yesterday during Parise's 5 minutes that turned into 30 waiting period that I thought Brodeur would convince Parise to stay.

But I honestly have no clue really.
If I were a betting man, my money would go to Jersey. I guess he's getting the guilt trip by the owner to stay. Seems that's where his heart is at. Who knows. I hope we find out tomorrow. Thursday at the latest.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suter to DET, Parise to PIT. It's what I would hate the most, but will probably happen.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
If I were a betting man, my money would go to Jersey. I guess he's getting the guilt trip by the owner to stay. Seems that's where his heart is at. Who knows. I hope we find out tomorrow. Thursday at the latest.
All the talk of consulting with his fiance doesn't bode well for him leaving, I'd guess. Unless she's from Minnesota, but I imagine he met her in Jersey.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His wife is from North Dakota he met her at UND. I have no idea why I know that.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
All the talk of consulting with his fiance doesn't bode well for him leaving, I'd guess. Unless she's from Minnesota, but I imagine he met her in Jersey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
His wife is from North Dakota he met her at UND. I have no idea why I know that.
From what I understand(don't know how true it is), but she and her family are originally from the Pittsburgh area and she moved to ND for college. Again, don't know how true that is.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
They probably are both best friends with Drew Stafford. Wildcard, bitches!
Old 07-04-2012, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think him taking this long is him not being able to come to terms with leaving NJ. I think he loves the idea of being a Penguin and playing with Crosby but the loyalty to his team won't let him leave. And that's someone I'd never blame an athlete for, it's certainly helped Pittsburgh over the years.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From what I understand(don't know how true it is), but she and her family are originally from the Pittsburgh area and she moved to ND for college. Again, don't know how true that is.
If you have ever been to the state of North Dakota, you would understand that it makes zero sense to go from the east coast to ND. Whole lot of nothing in that state.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:58 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

There's rumors coming out that Suter is going to chose Minnesota and then Parise is probably going to join him.