Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-04-2012, 03:02 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
There's rumors coming out that Suter is going to chose Minnesota and then Parise is probably going to join him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, looking like Suter and Parise to Minnesota this afternoon. Bummer for Pens fans because they cleared space for Parise and still didn't get him. Oh well.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yup, looking like Suter and Parise to Minnesota this afternoon. Bummer for Pens fans because they cleared space for Parise and still didn't get him. Oh well.
Bigger bummer for Wings fans. We always had a **** ton of money to give and they didn't take it.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope the reports are wrong and Parise doesn't go to Minnesota. I really ******* want him on the Pens.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

shut up hines. i'm sure you're upset you may not get parise. he's ******* leaving us, if reports are true
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really hope the reports are wrong and Parise doesn't go to Minnesota. I really ******* want him on the Pens.
you really want him on the pens? shocker. i'm sure every other team wants him too

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Pens are officially out. Looking more and more like Minnesota.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suter to Minnesota, per the Star Tribune.

Parise not yet, but inevitable now.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

To make it official, Wild sign Suter.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/161345055.html
Old 07-04-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Detroit is officially out on Parise, though we unofficially knew that two days ago.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I wonder who the Pens go after now on the trade market. Outside of Doan(who probably will resign in Phoenix), I don't really like anyone on the list.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Alright, it's been a while since Matt Carle played in the Western Conference for me to see him regularly. Am I wrong to assume he and Suter are nearly offensive equals? They have identical point-per-game paces through their similar length careers ....
Old 07-04-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Parise agreed to sign with the Wild too.

13 years for both? Damn.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. I did not see this at all. They must have been sold on the Wilds prospects.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Parise agreed to sign with the Wild too.

13 years for both? Damn.
I'm gonna laugh when it's revealed they both got $100 million.

I'm actually a little relieved that the Wings don't have to commit that kind of money to a defenseman that isn't really very flashy or physical. I wanted him, but if the Wings hadn't lost Lidstrom this offseason, I honestly think I'd be wary of pursuing him as they did with a 13/90 offer.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post

I'm actually a little relieved that the Wings don't have to commit that kind of money to a defenseman that isn't really very flashy or physical. I wanted him, but if the Wings hadn't lost Lidstrom this offseason, I honestly think I'd be wary of pursuing him as they did with a 13/90 offer.
Hahaha now the bitterness comes out. You wouldn't give that money to a top 5 defenseman in the game? ok.

BoneKrusher
Old 07-04-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

13 years for 98 million for Parise. Not sure the numbers on Suter.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
Hahaha now the bitterness comes out. You wouldn't give that money to a top 5 defenseman in the game? ok.
I wanted Suter. Of course I wanted Suter. But that's a **** ton of money (and years) for a defenseman whose career high is 46 points and isn't physical or flashy.

I don't think he's a top 5 defenseman, but he's top 10 and will probably ascend to a top 5 eventually.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
And I'm pretty sure you'd be bitter too if the Sharks were inclined to believe for over a year that Ryan Suter would be coming there.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Suter got the same contract as Parise. 13 years for 98 million.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Suter got 98 million over 13 years.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
I wanted Suter. Of course I wanted Suter. But that's a **** ton of money (and years) for a defenseman whose career high is 46 points and isn't physical or flashy.

I don't think he's a top 5 defenseman, but he's top 10 and will probably ascend to a top 5 eventually.
Name 5 defensemen better than him. I have Chara, Weber, Keith, and Doughty and that's debateable.

BoneKrusher
Old 07-04-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Name 5 defensemen better than him. I have Chara, Weber, Keith, and Doughty and that's debateable.
I think he's in a group of guys that are difficult to rank.

Again, you'd be bitter too in this position. I'm mad we didn't get him. I'm also understanding of how this isn't the end of the world. What more can I say?
Old 07-04-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Negro please, you know how bad you wanted Suter to take over Lidstrom's legacy. Don't pretend you didn't even want him now.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
I think he's in a group of guys that are difficult to rank.

Again, you'd be bitter too in this position. I'm mad we didn't get him. I'm also understanding of how this isn't the end of the world. What more can I say?
You can be bitter, but discouting his skills because he didn't come to the Wings is kinda ********.

BoneKrusher