Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-04-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I think Eklund needs to be banned from Twitter. He fuels half of this bull ****.

But he gets hits and money off those ******** rumors. I'd do the same ****. He loves trolling people and everyone gets so worked up over him.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pyatt to the Rangers is a decent move. Another player hitting the New York trifecta. Might not be Prust, but solid enough.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reading Shero's transcript of his press conference, he said that he didn't expect to sign Parise and it was Minnesota-NJ the whole time. Seemed like the media hyped it up more than the actual truth.

I do wonder what his other plans are. He said that they will make a significant move. Maybe for a winger? Defenseman? I don't know.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, what a ******* day. Over beers last month, a buddy of mine was talking about how he thought we may be able to land Suter and Parise. I could not have been more emphatic in saying I thought there was just no way. Fletcher has been a godsend so far, other than that miserable Leddy-Barker/Johnsson deal he made.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
epic, no suter. at least we signed... um. tootoo. or something. and brad stuart's gone, so that can only help.
Well, we'll still have Kyle Quincey as a Stuart substitute ..... I don't mean that in a positive way.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think some people are forgetting about some of the other solid players the Wild have like Bouchard, Brodziak, Cullen and Clutterbuck. It's not like the rest of the cupboard is completely bare.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
true, but i guess he hasn't pissed me off for the last 3+ years by turning the puck over at every single inopportune moment. quincey will probably be my new hudler (innocuous at first, rage inducing later).
As currently constructed, is this even a playoff team considering the improvements of all the teams (CGY, DAL, MIN, EDM, COL) that didn't make the playoffs? That's a legitimate question given that the Wings' offseason losses (Lidstrom, Stuart, Hudler) greatly outweigh the current additions.

Franzen - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Filppula - Zetterberg - Samuelsson
Cleary - Helm - Nyqvist
Miller - Abdelkader - Tootoo
(Brunner, Eaves, Mursak, Emmerton)

Kronwall - White
Ericsson - Quincey
Smith - Kindl

Howard - Gustavsson

Adding Semin and Carle wouldn't even do anything but bring it back to par from last season's 1st round exit and sixth-seeded finish.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith playing below Ericsson and Quincey is just stupid.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Reading Shero's transcript of his press conference, he said that he didn't expect to sign Parise and it was Minnesota-NJ the whole time. Seemed like the media hyped it up more than the actual truth.

I do wonder what his other plans are. He said that they will make a significant move. Maybe for a winger? Defenseman? I don't know.
How much do you think Sullivan can do for Phoenix, Hines?
Old 07-04-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Smith playing below Ericsson and Quincey is just stupid.
It's just a guess. Smith will get as much ice time as his play warrants, obviously.

Dick.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
How much do you think Sullivan can do for Phoenix, Hines?
If healthy, probably around what he did in Pittsburgh. I'm surprised the Pens didn't sign him. He was great on the PP and had late chemistry with Sid. Won't put up Whitney numbers, but I could see him putting up very similar as he did past season.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think some people are forgetting about some of the other solid players the Wild have like Bouchard, Brodziak, Cullen and Clutterbuck. It's not like the rest of the cupboard is completely bare.
Very true. Especially guys like Brodziak/Clutterbuck, who will now be asked to carry less of the load and hopefully become even more effective in less ice time. You never really know until the games start, though. Another huge positive in this is that the Wild's prospect stable will be able to ease into a role as well
Old 07-04-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Very true. Especially guys like Brodziak/Clutterbuck, who will now be asked to carry less of the load and hopefully become even more effective in less ice time. You never really know until the games start, though. Another huge positive in this is that the Wild's prospect stable will be able to ease into a role as well
Out of Brodin, Coyle, Granlund and Phillips, who do you think will be on the roster Day 1?
Old 07-04-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Out of Brodin, Coyle, Granlund and Phillips, who do you think will be on the roster Day 1?
100% - Granlund
50% - Coyle, Brodin
0% - Phillips

Granlund is a stone-cold lock to make the NHL club. Phillips has a lot of promise, but he's got work to do. Establishing himself without Huberdeau/Coyle is a task in itself, but he needs to improve his skating before he can play in the NHL

I think Coyle making the club would be dependent on how other players perform in camp, what kind of shape they are in, etc. My only worry with Brodin is durability. He's so frail that I am afraid he wouldn't be able to last without adding some muscle (which will happen).

Interestingly enough, I like Brodin the best out of any of the Wild's prospects currently. He plays with so much poise and is a wonderful skater. Should be a very, very good NHL player.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Is anyone aware of a relatively recent Top NHL Prospect ranking I can put even a little bit of trust in? I'm wildly unaware of who the best prospects truly are.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Is anyone aware of a relatively recent Top NHL Prospect ranking I can put even a little bit of trust in? I'm wildly unaware of who the best prospects truly are.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect-rankings/ isn't perfect, but it's a pretty good list.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect-rankings/ isn't perfect, but it's a pretty good list.
I had seen that list, but it looks kinda outdated. Doesn't list when it was done, but a lot of those guys spent significant time in the NHL.

I guess hockey coverage isn't anything like baseball when it comes to prospects, even in Canada.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
true, but i guess he hasn't pissed me off for the last 3+ years by turning the puck over at every single inopportune moment. quincey will probably be my new hudler (innocuous at first, rage inducing later).
Quincey ending up on the Red Wings is still one of my favorite things the Avalanche have gotten done in the past few years. It's either that or the Elliot-Anderson trade which helped us tank far enough to get Landeskog, sabotaged Ottawa's tanking to let us pass them, and create a hole that Greg from Accounting filled with Varlamov.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I had seen that list, but it looks kinda outdated. Doesn't list when it was done, but a lot of those guys spent significant time in the NHL.

I guess hockey coverage isn't anything like baseball when it comes to prospects, even in Canada.
HF has a criteria for Prospects. I think it's under 46 NHL games for skaters? EIther way they're pretty good for some teams, absolutely atrocious for others, Avs and Sharks come to mind as teams they don't even have anyone covering.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Apparently Carle to Lightning,
Old 07-04-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
epic, no suter. at least we signed... um. tootoo. or something. and brad stuart's gone, so that can only help.
At least you didn't sign Sheldon Brookbank like we did.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Carles agrees to 6 year contract with Tampa Bay. $5.5 aav.

Per Darren Dreger.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Per Darren Dreger.
Jesus Christ how horrifying.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Holy hell. I'm glad the Wings steered clear.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

He hasn't been amazing, but Erik Johnson's 15/4 contract was less than I expected. Not too bad. Their payroll looks like it won't be so high, with O'Reilly left to sign.